HomeStar Property Solutions - Page 3 - REO Property Preservation Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 44 (permalink) Old 03-29-2013, 11:10 AM
Super Moderator
 
PropPresPro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: The Last Best Place
Posts: 1,021
Thanks: 384
Thanked 876 Times in 424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRADSConst View Post
Can you share any pricing, payment terms, p&P or rehab, etc? The person in the introduction thread is fishing for contractors directly for VRM. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
VRM contacted me directly a couple of months ago, after having completed 6 or so REO services orders through Homestar.

Homestar was very flexible on what they were willing to pay. I think we negotiated $55 maid services, $85 wints, $30 debris, all plus mileage. The only problem pricing I found was their initial janitorial. I refuse to do any initial janitorials for less than $200. Payment has never been an issue with them (I did rehabs for Energy REO before the VRM work).

All in all my experience with them has been good so far.

"In a world of locked rooms, the man with the key is king, and honey, you should see me in a crown." -Moriarty
PropPresPro is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to PropPresPro For This Useful Post:
BRADSConst (03-29-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 44 (permalink) Old 03-29-2013, 06:58 PM
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Southeast Wisconsin
Posts: 1,059
Thanks: 890
Thanked 1,208 Times in 536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PropPresPro View Post
VRM contacted me directly a couple of months ago, after having completed 6 or so REO services orders through Homestar.

Homestar was very flexible on what they were willing to pay. I think we negotiated $55 maid services, $85 wints, $30 debris, all plus mileage. The only problem pricing I found was their initial janitorial. I refuse to do any initial janitorials for less than $200. Payment has never been an issue with them (I did rehabs for Energy REO before the VRM work).

All in all my experience with them has been good so far.
Thanks PropPresPro . I might give them a shot.
BRADSConst is offline  
post #23 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-08-2013, 03:42 PM
PPS
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Ive done 70 units for them since October with no problems! All VRM!

VRM i understand is going local through the realtors, anyone else hear this?
PPS is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #24 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-08-2013, 07:14 PM
Business Consultant
 
Cleanupman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Silver Springs, Nevada
Posts: 1,208
Thanks: 322
Thanked 551 Times in 326 Posts
Yes that is how they are handling the VA contract they just got through the realtors...I know they are doing some sort of training in MD coming up soon...there is a lot of talk on the FB page about this....
I have also seen the pricing deal...I'm very leary of it as on the surface sounds real sweet...but you could get burried...you take the property for LIFE...of the property and do all maintenance, de-wints-re-wints....Don't know how to attach a document or I would post it for everyone to see....
I have it in PDF format????
so I'll do it this way.........................................$1,000 .00 per property...cradle to grave

Property Preservation
Overview of Services Required
Securing or maintaining Real Estate Owned “REO” homes for the owner. The owner may be a bank,
a real estate company, or a government lending agency who hires a preservation company to clean,
secure and maintain foreclosed properties.
Initial Services
Completed within 7 calendar days of assignment
Facilitation of field eviction and moving services
Initial Inspection
Property Condition Report (PCR) inspection with systems checks
Visual lead based paint (LBP) inspections on pre-1978 houses
Winterization, including posting signs/stickers
Additional Services
Completed until the asset is sold or otherwise disposed
Subsequent de-winterization for inspection and re-winterization after inspection.
Eliminate health and safety hazards within twenty-four (24) hours of discovery
Install handrails
Secure swimming pools, spas, water features per local code
Securing windows and boarding and/or re-glazing windows when necessary
Boarding and/or re-glazing windows when necessary
Interior and exterior debris removal up to forty (40) cubic yards
Removal of one vehicle
Graffiti abatement
Smoke detectors and all detection devices required by law
Pest control (not to include termite or wood destroying organism treatment)
Ready to show
Initial lawn service up to 15,000 sq. ft. and shrub trimming and grounds maintenance
Prevention of further moisture damage
Sump pumps and pump outs
Roof repairs (patching and tarping only)
Cover electrical service panel and outlet covers
Recurring Services
Completed until the asset is sold or otherwise disposed
Routine monthly inspections
Re-inspections, habitability inspections, repair inspections, as needed
Recurring janitorial maid refresh
Securing and boarding as a result of vandalism
Biweekly lawn cut up to 15,000 square feet
Snow/ice removal in compliance with local laws
Salting for ice storms
Repairs as needed based on the results of routine inspections

Aladay LLC
Property Preservation
New Business Consultant
Custom Glass&Wood
Cleanupman is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Cleanupman For This Useful Post:
Valley (04-08-2013)
post #25 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-08-2013, 10:50 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 751
Thanks: 123
Thanked 504 Times in 253 Posts
I have spoken at length with them and initially refused the work based on my experiences in my area with debris and filth amounts on initials and how long my properties typically take to sell.

However, I have been told that the list is not necessarily all inclusive for the $1,000. There are exceptions.

So I am waiting on a detailed list and explanation of exactly what are, and what are not, potential exceptions that can be bid/billed for beyond the $1,000.

Once I have that I will weigh the risks and decide.
Gypsos is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Gypsos For This Useful Post:
68W30 (04-09-2013)
post #26 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-08-2013, 11:09 PM
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Southeast Wisconsin
Posts: 1,059
Thanks: 890
Thanked 1,208 Times in 536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsos View Post
I have spoken at length with them and initially refused the work based on my experiences in my area with debris and filth amounts on initials and how long my properties typically take to sell.

However, I have been told that the list is not necessarily all inclusive for the $1,000. There are exceptions.

So I am waiting on a detailed list and explanation of exactly what are, and what are not, potential exceptions that can be bid/billed for beyond the $1,000.

Once I have that I will weigh the risks and decide.
Keep us posted on what you find out.
BRADSConst is offline  
post #27 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-09-2013, 02:08 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 694
Thanks: 42
Thanked 129 Times in 74 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleanupman View Post
Yes that is how they are handling the VA contract they just got through the realtors...I know they are doing some sort of training in MD coming up soon...there is a lot of talk on the FB page about this....
I have also seen the pricing deal...I'm very leary of it as on the surface sounds real sweet...but you could get burried...you take the property for LIFE...of the property and do all maintenance, de-wints-re-wints....Don't know how to attach a document or I would post it for everyone to see....
I have it in PDF format????
so I'll do it this way.........................................$1,000 .00 per property...cradle to grave

Property Preservation
Overview of Services Required
Securing or maintaining Real Estate Owned “REO” homes for the owner. The owner may be a bank,
a real estate company, or a government lending agency who hires a preservation company to clean,
secure and maintain foreclosed properties.
Initial Services
Completed within 7 calendar days of assignment
Facilitation of field eviction and moving services
Initial Inspection
Property Condition Report (PCR) inspection with systems checks
Visual lead based paint (LBP) inspections on pre-1978 houses
Winterization, including posting signs/stickers
Additional Services
Completed until the asset is sold or otherwise disposed
Subsequent de-winterization for inspection and re-winterization after inspection.
Eliminate health and safety hazards within twenty-four (24) hours of discovery
Install handrails
Secure swimming pools, spas, water features per local code
Securing windows and boarding and/or re-glazing windows when necessary
Boarding and/or re-glazing windows when necessary
Interior and exterior debris removal up to forty (40) cubic yards
Removal of one vehicle
Graffiti abatement
Smoke detectors and all detection devices required by law
Pest control (not to include termite or wood destroying organism treatment)
Ready to show
Initial lawn service up to 15,000 sq. ft. and shrub trimming and grounds maintenance
Prevention of further moisture damage
Sump pumps and pump outs
Roof repairs (patching and tarping only)
Cover electrical service panel and outlet covers
Recurring Services
Completed until the asset is sold or otherwise disposed
Routine monthly inspections
Re-inspections, habitability inspections, repair inspections, as needed
Recurring janitorial maid refresh
Securing and boarding as a result of vandalism
Biweekly lawn cut up to 15,000 square feet
Snow/ice removal in compliance with local laws
Salting for ice storms
Repairs as needed based on the results of routine inspections
Unless I'm missing something this does not seem at all like a good deal. How would this be any different than some other nationals offering a ~$600 flat fee but paying for maids, boardings, lawns, etc? In the end it'd probably be the same, if not worse because of the recurring services.
SwiftRes is offline  
post #28 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-09-2013, 04:24 AM
Super Moderator
 
GTX63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Your House Soon...Soon
Posts: 3,180
Thanks: 673
Thanked 2,231 Times in 1,086 Posts
There should be some test dummies that will take this on soon and report. We too have been apporached with these lifetime deals. Think about some of the recent dumps you have been inside and how long they have been sitting.....
GTX63 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to GTX63 For This Useful Post:
BPWY (04-09-2013)
post #29 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-09-2013, 04:35 AM
Super Moderator
 
BPWY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: MT
Posts: 4,096
Thanks: 1,470
Thanked 772 Times in 468 Posts
I'm not sure I'd be interested in that "deal" for even $2000.

Professionals are people who can do their job when they don't feel like it.
Amateurs are people that can't do their job even when they do feel like it.
BPWY is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to BPWY For This Useful Post:
68W30 (04-09-2013)
post #30 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-09-2013, 04:40 AM
Super Moderator
 
GTX63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Your House Soon...Soon
Posts: 3,180
Thanks: 673
Thanked 2,231 Times in 1,086 Posts
It may not be clear to some folks here when companies like Cyprexx or Safeguard are awarded a contract, how it is portioned and when they get their money vs when a cradle to grave contractor would get his...
GTX63 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the REO Property Preservation Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome