REO Property Preservation Forum banner

truassets llc

52K views 71 replies 28 participants last post by  cover2 
#1 ·
has anyone heard of this company in ohio i believe

#3 ·
This i lke the 17th NEW company name I've heard this week WTF is going on...no one has work but everyone is getting calls and emails from companies wanting upfront money from you to work????
Nobody sees what is wrong with this picture????
Anyone who submits to a background check is crazy you are not being hired the company you work for is.....simple as that you submit make sure to ask for you benefit package....

#4 ·
. . .Anyone who submits to a background check is crazy you are not being hired the company you work for is.....simple as that you submit make sure to ask for you benefit package....
Submitting to a background check does NOT mean that you are an employee.

Seems to be standard issue whenever the possibility of government $$ is involved.

#9 ·
Here is how I was told:

Background checks by themselves are ok and legal BUT cannot be shared with anyother party.

Example: Company A demands that you have a background check ran to determine your criminal record or your financial condition, Company A CANNOT give this to Company B/C/D/E or anyone else.

You see these emails stating "we have a client that requires a background check be ran to determine if you meet eligibility to receive work from said client". This is Totally Bogus! YOUR information CANNOT be given to this Special Client without express written permission from YOU. The Company that is working for this Special Client needs their Background ran and not yours.

If I was a scam artist from Nigeria I would be on Craigslist looking for YOU suckers willing to pay me to steal your ID. Then I would sell YOUR information to some of these Identity thieves and make $500.00 per record (at least that is the amount I saw on a local TV station they pay for "good ID's" ).

I would make more $$ from the scam than from any actual work. Don't get any ideas guys/gals :whistling2:

#11 ·
I do ext property maintenance for the Feds....... local NWS office.

They've NEVER ONCE said a word about back ground checks.

#16 ·
Update, they called me twice more and emailed me I called them back and left a voicemail stating that their prices were on the low side and that I was not comfortable paying for a bakround check without verifiable proof they actually had work in my area and requested they send me a copy of a past or present work order in my County to verify they had work here, well up to this very moment I have not heard a word back from them, I'm quessing it's just a hustle ,get the 40.00 for the BC and never be heard from again...

#22 ·
They just contacted me today also. How they got my email is beyond me.

There prices are laughable at best $25 recuts and initials, $50 maid services, $18 cyd debris.

I sent them my price list and told them they would have to pay for the background check. So lets see what they say. Said they have an urgent need in my area and vendors are flying in.

#23 ·
Pay weekly and are awesome

Yes their prices are low...but no wait time and they have been sending us work orders that are organized within 5-10 miles of each other. We are paid one week after complete (ie complete on or before 5/5/13 and paid on 5/10/13). The present value of money makes the lower pay a better deal....not outlaying a bunch of money and waiting 45 to 90 days to be paid.

#26 ·
ksimple your only one here who has something good to say,if they have work in a area claiming their desperate for vendors why cant they prove it,why no pricelist when asked to send they have their ad on craigslist 3 days,take it off 2 days later back up,sorry but something fishy here.they could be legit far as i know but actions are'nt showing it to me so far.

#27 ·
Response

ksimple your only one here who has something good to say,if they have work in a area claiming their desperate for vendors why cant they prove it,why no pricelist when asked to send they have their ad on craigslist 3 days,take it off 2 days later back up,sorry but something fishy here.they could be legit far as i know but actions are'nt showing it to me so far.
Hi;

After reading the thread comments it appears I am the only one that has done any work for them. Wouldn't that mean I have the most insight?

I am a vendor like all of you but also hold a Bachelors degree in accounting and am finishing my Masters in accounting. With that said I can use the time value of money principle to figure out if receiving payment quickly vs. waiting 45 to 90 days and also calculate in the outlay of funds that I must make to complete a job. With all of these factored the rate they are paying is actually average.

As for your experience with craigslist. I can tell you they assign one vendor per county. So maybe they found someone before your response, but I would say call their office and ask one of them why... I don't know.

Thanks,

Terri

#31 ·
If you were a former accountant you would know that you have to figure in more than the payment itself (costs such as labor, supplies, gas, etc.)

I have done the calculations and even went as far as having two of my published and world-renowned professors check my calculations. You should check into CEUs it would be helpful in any career! As an accountant one would know this and would pride themselves on staying on top of things.

#34 ·
Income vs cost. simple.

Sure there are all kind of calculations to make the books appear better BUT in the end its still "whats left over at the end of the day". The absolute LAST person I would take advice from is a pathetic professor, published or not. I would only listen to other business owners..they know profit and the know loss but more importantly they know cash flow....

The longer I've been a businessowner (28 yrs) the the more I realize what I dont know BUT Income Statements I fully understand :)

#35 ·
Yes I am well spoken (well written) ... education and business background. This is my third business. I sold two others in other industries. I am familiar with business. Google net present value or time value of money. Basically in order to determine the true value of the money you receive this is a factor. The sooner you receive money the sooner you can save, sp,end or invest it to make more money. ...that is the simple version of the definition.

As for not trusting professors. ..your choice. But my college is one of the top schools in business and accounting. To each their own.

This is my last response....as I feel this had become a non productive/negative thread.

Good Night and Best Wishes!

#36 ·
TruAssets, LLC.

We quit working for this company due to not receiving correct pay(trying to downsize every invoice we sent in, wanting measurements of our trailer(s) to get correct amounts of cubic yards, not paying extra for hazardous materials, and just LOW PAY FOR THIS INDUSTRY). Yes, its weekly pay but is it worth it? I THINK NOT.

They work for Homestarr, formerly EnergyREO, MCS and VA. I know for a fact that HomeStarr is hiring in Ohio or atleast they was. We quit working for TruAssets, LLC and took over their contract with HomeStarr.

Now KSimple says its worth it to get fast pay, let me run some numbers by you.

TruAssets pays $18/cyd - decent money but fast pay

HomeStarr pays $28/cyd - great money and paid within 21 days.

Then turns into weekly pay after the initial 21 days. So which one would you rather work for?

IN MY OPINION, why work for the middelman, you are making them rich and you're doing all the work!!!

#41 ·
We quit working for this company due to not receiving correct pay(trying to downsize every invoice we sent in, wanting measurements of our trailer(s) to get correct amounts of cubic yards, not paying extra for hazardous materials, and just LOW PAY FOR THIS INDUSTRY). Yes, its weekly pay but is it worth it? I THINK NOT.

They work for Homestarr, formerly EnergyREO, MCS and VA. I know for a fact that HomeStarr is hiring in Ohio or atleast they was. We quit working for TruAssets, LLC and took over their contract with HomeStarr.

Now KSimple says its worth it to get fast pay, let me run some numbers by you.

TruAssets pays $18/cyd - decent money but fast pay

HomeStarr pays $28/cyd - great money and paid within 21 days.

Then turns into weekly pay after the initial 21 days. So which one would you rather work for?

IN MY OPINION, why work for the middelman, you are making them rich and you're doing all the work!!!
HUD pays $50.00 cyd for debris. How is 28.00 good? How is $18.00 even possible?

#37 ·
Do not waste your time with these scam artist. They do not have any work and are only collecting the $40 background check. They sent me an email and i responded. I filled out the packet but didnt send in the money, with in five minutes I got an email asking for the money. I waitd until today to respond and and was asked about the money again. I asked if they could provide active work orders for this area and she said that she was on the phone and she would call me back in 30 mins. An hour later I sent an email asking if she heard anything and she said she was at lunch and would call in an hour. Two hours later I sent anoth email and she sent on back saying they didnt have a need in my area as they had someone already (bs) and they would keep my info on file.

Why would they try to get money when they cleary knew the area I was in, and they didnt have a need in my area?

#38 ·
These people are unbelievable. The woman (Dana) called again today after telling me the other day that they really do not have any work in this area. She wanted to know why I have not paid the $40 dollars yet and that she needs the money to process my paper work.

Now why in the heck would I pay for that when they have no work? I don't know if they smoke dope all day or not but she sounded as if we had never talked before.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS GROUP until someone other then one person says they are legit.

#39 ·
Dana has contacted me several times about accepting a job with them for my area. I refused to pay the 40 for a background check She said I could use my own service if cheaper and submit that. I haven't jumped on board due to me figuring some of the work involved in my area would place the pay scale at minimum wage. I couldn't upload the pdf.
I didn't see the paychart posted but this is what she sent me three days ago.
Lock Change
$18.00
Each
Lockbox
$15.00
Each
Padlock
$11.50
Each
Hasp
$5.00
Each
Slide Bolts/Slider Locks
$8.00
Each
Boarding 1/2 inch
$0.40
per united inch
Boarding 5/8 inch
$0.50
per united inch
Security Door Installation
$65.00
Includes boarding, hinges, and padlocks
Re-Glazing
$0.40
per united inch
Capping lines (Water, Gas & Drain)
$10.00
Each
Dryer Vent Cover
$10.00
Each
Outlet Plates
$1.00
Each
Wire Cap
$0.50
Each
Dry Winterization
$50.00
Includes pressure test
De-winterization
$40.00
Dry Winterization/De-Wint. (ea. Add'l unit)
$25.00
Includes pressure test
Steam/Radiant Wint/De-winterization
$75.00
Includes pressure test
Steam/Radiant Wint/de-wint (ea. Add'l unit)
$35.00
Includes pressure test
Clean and re-winterize toilet
$12.00
only on winterized properties; compromised toilets have feces or other solid matter waste present in bowl
Pressure test only
$25.00
only if damages prevent further winterization tasks
Tarp Roof
$0.50
per square foot
Initial Maid Service
$50.00
clean windows, clean counters/cabinets, ceiling fans, lights, mirrors, etc. Completed at time of trash-out. Mop, sweep, and vacuum floors;
Monthly Marketability Order
$20.00
Includes interior/exterior inspection of the property, sales clean, winterization verification and incidental debris removal (less than 1/4 cyds)
Auto Removal
$75.00
Each
Smoke Detector Installation
$12.00
EA. For clients where we automatically install smoke detectors
CO Detector Installation
$22.00
EA. Only install after bid approval
Trashout (per cyd)
$25.00
Includes initial Trashout & subsequent debris removal
Sump Pump
$135.00
Installation of 1/3 hp new pump
Drain/Pump Out Pool
Bid
per pool
Shock Pool
$50.00
per pool
Board Pool/Cover to HUD specs
Bid
per pool
Trip Charge
$5.00
All Grass Cuts (Initials & Re-cuts)
$25.00
Price dependent on state and client. Remove clippings, picking up an loose debris, edging sidewalks/driveways
Client 24 Grass Cuts (Initials & Re-cuts)
$20.00
Price dependent on state and client. Remove clippings, picking up an loose debris, edging sidewalks/driveways
New York
PRICE SHEET
***Pricing is subject to change without notice***

#47 ·
I am still not clear why everyone is so freaked out by the background checks.

I will do them when they make me and not one second sooner because I do not want to spend the money until I have to. And when I do I will use the rock bottom cheapest service I can find to do it.

We dealt with having to run background checks quite often in construction. And most of the time the check you got for one job was no good for another.

You want to work on airport property? You get an FBI check and a four hour class for each employee. Add a second four hour class if you are going to be driving anywhere near the tarmac.
You want to work on school board property? You get a Jessica Lundsford Act check for each employee.
You want to work on large municipal projects? You get to pay for the check through the GC, sit through an 8 hour class and pay for a badge for each employee.

You need the same guy on all three projects? You get to pay for three checks and 12 to 16 hours of classroom time minimum. Then he can go to work.

Each employee can easily cost you upwards of $300 per check if they have to sit through classes. And if they fail you get to do it all over again with his replacement.

#48 ·
Each employee can easily cost you upwards of $300 per check if they have to sit through classes. And if they fail you get to do it all over again with his replacement.
I think the main gripe is that you are not an employee.

I enjoy doing this type of work. I really do. I don't have a crew. I don't have any major equipment required on a preservation job that I don't already possess. I don't bank on the next check coming in 30 days from now. I see numbers that certain companies send me and I can make them work. If they don't work, I can say "Go F@@@ yourself". So I can sit here and judge you because you "choose" to cave in. Because you are counting on those checks. Because you're trying to provide for your family. I can judge you, because you are cutting out a large piece of the pie that would have gone to me had you held your ground. Shame on you.

#49 ·
I know of no airport authorities, school districts or municipalities that I would require a background check on before signing a contract with them. There are several preservation companies, off the top of my head, that I would. I don't mind several hundred dollars of orientation/gov training, bg checks, etc per sub for gov work when it is built into my margins. Nationals take it off of the top. Our uncle sam money is much larger, faster, cleaner. The nationals money seems picked from coins and stuck to their hands with the "one more thing" thrown in before they hand it over.

#50 ·
They will award the contract without you having the first check completed. You just have to agree to comply with the background check requirements they have as part of the contract. However, if you want to actually have anyone be allowed to work on the property all the required checks, training and badges must be in place beforehand.

Yeah, it chaps my ass too about not being able to figure in the costs of the checks into may margins. On the other hand, my costs for bid work has increased by a small amount across the board to make up for all the costs they keep adding to my overhead without consulting me.

As the saying goes. There are many ways to skin a cat and if I cannot add the extra costs to my flat rate work then I will add it to my bid work. One way or another I will get paid.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.