REO Property Preservation Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Go Back   REO Property Preservation Forum > Property Preservation Forum > General Property Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2013, 08:15 AM   #41
Craigslist Hack
Low quality low cost
 
Craigslist Hack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Every city
Posts: 1,095
Thanks: 219
Thanked 558 Times in 295 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PropertyWerX, LTD. View Post
We quit working for this company due to not receiving correct pay(trying to downsize every invoice we sent in, wanting measurements of our trailer(s) to get correct amounts of cubic yards, not paying extra for hazardous materials, and just LOW PAY FOR THIS INDUSTRY). Yes, its weekly pay but is it worth it? I THINK NOT.

They work for Homestarr, formerly EnergyREO, MCS and VA. I know for a fact that HomeStarr is hiring in Ohio or atleast they was. We quit working for TruAssets, LLC and took over their contract with HomeStarr.

Now KSimple says its worth it to get fast pay, let me run some numbers by you.

TruAssets pays $18/cyd - decent money but fast pay

HomeStarr pays $28/cyd - great money and paid within 21 days.

Then turns into weekly pay after the initial 21 days. So which one would you rather work for?

IN MY OPINION, why work for the middelman, you are making them rich and you're doing all the work!!!
HUD pays $50.00 cyd for debris. How is 28.00 good? How is $18.00 even possible?
Craigslist Hack is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PreservationTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!
Old 09-12-2013, 10:02 AM   #42
GTX63
Super Moderator
 
GTX63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: MO,KY,IL,IN
Posts: 2,457
Thanks: 211
Thanked 1,294 Times in 681 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigslist Hack View Post
HUD pays $50.00 cyd for debris. How is $18.00 even possible?
GTX63 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GTX63 For This Useful Post:
Craigslist Hack (09-12-2013), James@NAAPS (06-11-2014), mtmtnman (09-12-2013), Wannabe (09-12-2013)
Old 09-12-2013, 10:46 AM   #43
Craigslist Hack
Low quality low cost
 
Craigslist Hack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Every city
Posts: 1,095
Thanks: 219
Thanked 558 Times in 295 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTX63 View Post
I just spit water on my computer!!!
Craigslist Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Craigslist Hack For This Useful Post:
Click1764 (10-08-2013)
Old 09-12-2013, 03:18 PM   #44
bigdaddy
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 62
Thanks: 1
Thanked 29 Times in 21 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PropertyWerX, LTD. View Post
We quit working for this company due to not receiving correct pay(trying to downsize every invoice we sent in, wanting measurements of our trailer(s) to get correct amounts of cubic yards, not paying extra for hazardous materials, and just LOW PAY FOR THIS INDUSTRY). Yes, its weekly pay but is it worth it? I THINK NOT.

They work for Homestarr, formerly EnergyREO, MCS and VA. I know for a fact that HomeStarr is hiring in Ohio or atleast they was. We quit working for TruAssets, LLC and took over their contract with HomeStarr.

Now KSimple says its worth it to get fast pay, let me run some numbers by you.

TruAssets pays $18/cyd - decent money but fast pay

HomeStarr pays $28/cyd - great money and paid within 21 days.

Then turns into weekly pay after the initial 21 days. So which one would you rather work for?

IN MY OPINION, why work for the middelman, you are making them rich and you're doing all the work!!!
You do realize that Homestar, MCS, Energy REO, and whoever else you are working for are also middlemen!
bigdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigdaddy For This Useful Post:
Cleanupman (10-09-2013), Craigslist Hack (09-13-2013)
Old 10-08-2013, 08:57 PM   #45
david
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 397
Thanks: 15
Thanked 68 Times in 39 Posts
Default hi

from my understanding everyone will be doing background checks promptly by jan 1st-2014 or you will not be working in this industry,heard it through the grapevine
david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:26 AM   #46
Cleanupman
Business Consultant
 
Cleanupman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Silver Springs, Nevada
Posts: 1,105
Thanks: 300
Thanked 496 Times in 297 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by david View Post
from my understanding everyone will be doing background checks promptly by jan 1st-2014 or you will not be working in this industry,heard it through the grapevine
not true....
There are several companies out there that actually hire Independent Contractors/Businesses....not employees....
__________________
Aladay LLC
Property Preservation
New Business Consultant
Custom Glass&Wood
Cleanupman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:43 PM   #47
Gypsos
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 718
Thanks: 117
Thanked 445 Times in 228 Posts
Default

I am still not clear why everyone is so freaked out by the background checks.

I will do them when they make me and not one second sooner because I do not want to spend the money until I have to. And when I do I will use the rock bottom cheapest service I can find to do it.

We dealt with having to run background checks quite often in construction. And most of the time the check you got for one job was no good for another.

You want to work on airport property? You get an FBI check and a four hour class for each employee. Add a second four hour class if you are going to be driving anywhere near the tarmac.
You want to work on school board property? You get a Jessica Lundsford Act check for each employee.
You want to work on large municipal projects? You get to pay for the check through the GC, sit through an 8 hour class and pay for a badge for each employee.

You need the same guy on all three projects? You get to pay for three checks and 12 to 16 hours of classroom time minimum. Then he can go to work.

Each employee can easily cost you upwards of $300 per check if they have to sit through classes. And if they fail you get to do it all over again with his replacement.
Gypsos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 12:17 AM   #48
RServant
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 34
Thanks: 11
Thanked 31 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsos View Post
Each employee can easily cost you upwards of $300 per check if they have to sit through classes. And if they fail you get to do it all over again with his replacement.
I think the main gripe is that you are not an employee.

I enjoy doing this type of work. I really do. I don't have a crew. I don't have any major equipment required on a preservation job that I don't already possess. I don't bank on the next check coming in 30 days from now. I see numbers that certain companies send me and I can make them work. If they don't work, I can say "Go F@@@ yourself". So I can sit here and judge you because you "choose" to cave in. Because you are counting on those checks. Because you're trying to provide for your family. I can judge you, because you are cutting out a large piece of the pie that would have gone to me had you held your ground. Shame on you.
RServant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 04:02 AM   #49
GTX63
Super Moderator
 
GTX63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: MO,KY,IL,IN
Posts: 2,457
Thanks: 211
Thanked 1,294 Times in 681 Posts
Default

I know of no airport authorities, school districts or municipalities that I would require a background check on before signing a contract with them. There are several preservation companies, off the top of my head, that I would. I don't mind several hundred dollars of orientation/gov training, bg checks, etc per sub for gov work when it is built into my margins. Nationals take it off of the top. Our uncle sam money is much larger, faster, cleaner. The nationals money seems picked from coins and stuck to their hands with the "one more thing" thrown in before they hand it over.
GTX63 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GTX63 For This Useful Post:
BPWY (10-14-2013)
Old 10-11-2013, 07:41 AM   #50
Gypsos
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 718
Thanks: 117
Thanked 445 Times in 228 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTX63 View Post
I know of no airport authorities, school districts or municipalities that I would require a background check on before signing a contract with them. There are several preservation companies, off the top of my head, that I would. I don't mind several hundred dollars of orientation/gov training, bg checks, etc per sub for gov work when it is built into my margins. Nationals take it off of the top. Our uncle sam money is much larger, faster, cleaner. The nationals money seems picked from coins and stuck to their hands with the "one more thing" thrown in before they hand it over.
They will award the contract without you having the first check completed. You just have to agree to comply with the background check requirements they have as part of the contract. However, if you want to actually have anyone be allowed to work on the property all the required checks, training and badges must be in place beforehand.

Yeah, it chaps my ass too about not being able to figure in the costs of the checks into may margins. On the other hand, my costs for bid work has increased by a small amount across the board to make up for all the costs they keep adding to my overhead without consulting me.

As the saying goes. There are many ways to skin a cat and if I cannot add the extra costs to my flat rate work then I will add it to my bid work. One way or another I will get paid.
Gypsos is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Top of Page | View New Posts

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2003-2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved