REO Property Preservation Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Go Back   REO Property Preservation Forum > Property Preservation Forum > General Property Discussion

Old 09-07-2012, 10:20 AM   #1
vendor1

Default Best Companies To Work For

We like to help contractors get a good start in this industry and value the opinions of the veterans. Which companies are good companies to work for?
vendor1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PreservationTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!
Old 09-07-2012, 07:49 PM   #2
PropPresPro
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vendor1 View Post
We like to help contractors get a good start in this industry and value the opinions of the veterans. Which companies are good companies to work for?
The GOOD companies to work for are the ones that you personally feel comfortable working for. The ones that pay on a scale & schedule that is acceptable to you. Those companies are not the same to each person in this profession. I may have had nothing but negative experiences with a company you do well with, and you may hate a company that I think treats me well.

No matter how it's cut, company recommendations are a slippery slope!
PropPresPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:09 AM   #3
jlgivensandsons

nobody on here is gonna tell you anything, because if they told u that kind of info, you'd be a competition for their market. no insults intended, but everyone gripes about being screwed over by national/regional but wonder why the so called fng is excepting low pay, if everyone in this business stuck together and looked out for the new guy, it would help to start weeding out the bad apples ruining this industry. just my .02 cents
jlgivensandsons is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jlgivensandsons For This Useful Post:
Cleanupman (02-24-2013), Jst Another Joe (02-25-2013)
Old 09-24-2012, 05:10 AM   #4
GTX63
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,361 Times in 712 Posts

I've worked alongside most of my competition or outlasted them thru the years. Not my concern.
If you think the Nationals are getting a bad rep on this forum, start calling them and signing up. Then you can share your own real world experiences.
I can't help the guy who took the hatchback off his pinto to fit a mower and a shovel in the back. I could hire him and train him to raise his level and standards, but he is pretty much suited to the $20 mows and $40 wints at this point.
GTX63 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:05 AM   #5
PropPresPro
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlgivensandsons View Post
nobody on here is gonna tell you anything, because if they told u that kind of info, you'd be a competition for their market.

Not true!

Most of the experienced folks here are here to help. If that means guiding a new vendor towards a better source of income, I don't have a problem with that.
As far as fear of competition, 99.9% of the people on this board are never, never, never going to bid against me on a Freddie Mac rehab, or trashout, or anything. So why wouldn't I help if I thought I could?

There are 5 or 6 local companies doing preservation work here that I know of. Of them, none really compete with me for the same jobs either, that I know of, and even if they do, more power to them. I have a relationship with the brokers that I work with that goes far beyond being "the lowest bid", and I know for a fact that the 1 regional company I work with prefers using my company over all other venders within 300 miles. Even if that we're to change, I would figure out a way to replace that income. Competition doesn't scare me, it makes me better, not cheaper, BETTER!

MTMTNMN & I probably compete the most with each other in the local market. That doesn't scare me either. Tomorrow we are scheduled to work together on a 55CY trash-out and initial services for a broker. Plus we are there to cover for each other when one goes on vacation or just needs an extra hand. That is the kind of competition everyone needs!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PropPresPro For This Useful Post:
Cleanupman (02-24-2013), little mama (07-15-2013)
Old 09-25-2012, 09:49 AM   #6
vendor1

If there is one thing that I have noticed from being in this field is that there is a lot of work to go around and helping out and watching you fellow contractors back is a good way to help your business stay in this industry for a long time. Since my company passes on leads to contractors from nationals and regionals Iím not your competition. My company is out to help more than anything else. Iím a preservation REO supplier, so my main focus is customer service and support. PropPresPro I actually have a lead for your area that Iím going to send your way. Hope it helps
vendor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vendor1 For This Useful Post:
little mama (07-15-2013), zbest (03-28-2013)
Old 09-25-2012, 04:18 PM   #7
Craigslist Hack
Low quality low cost

I say Doberman Properties! HA HA

I like Corelogic some days and hate them others but all in all they are probably one of the best.

I hate REO stuff so my vote probably doesn't count.
Craigslist Hack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:50 PM   #8
PropPresPro
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vendor1 View Post
. . .PropPresPro I actually have a lead for your area that Iím going to send your way. Hope it helps
Thank you for thinking of me, but like I said, I've been working with that company for a few years now. They are looking for help in some of the hardest to cover counties in Montana. Best of luck to them!
Old 09-25-2012, 11:51 PM   #9
PropPresPro
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doberman Properties View Post
I say Doberman Properties! HA HA

I like Corelogic some days and hate them others but all in all they are probably one of the best.

I hate REO stuff so my vote probably doesn't count.
Please disregard Dobermans vote. It does not count.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:12 AM   #10
68W30

what do we think about miken construction we just got an email invite to become a vendor
68W30 is offline   Reply With Quote