REO Property Preservation Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Go Back   REO Property Preservation Forum > Property Preservation Forum > General Property Discussion

Old 11-17-2011, 10:19 AM   #1
derrickp

Default Southeastern Asset Services

has any one heard of these guys? they are based out of florida. they give you a price sheet with prices for all there different contracts. most of the prices are per bid but they make you sign a 50/50 revenue sharing agreement.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PreservationTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!
Old 11-17-2011, 10:45 AM   #2
APlusPPGroup
Property Preservation

Revenue sharing? Never heard of that one. So that means, they'll split their profits with you? Interesting. Where do you suppose those profits come from?:whistling

Linda
APlusPPGroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 11:08 AM   #3
72opp

Good Morning,

There is a company based out of Hedrum, MN (Schnabel) who take 50% of profits but reimburse contractors 50% of costs. I cannot put my finger on it, but I do not like that setup. But they are a regional that cover parts of ND, SD, and MN (parts not all) and they can hold a grudge.

I started out being a sub-sub-contractor for Schnabel. I thought I was making good money ($1000.00 a week at first) but then the "good ole boy" network started up and another contractor with a personal relationship to Schnabel took over 95% of work orders. That's when I started contracting with other nationals. Schnabel found out about it and dropped me without paying about $2000.00 in unpaid invoices. Since then I keep hearing things through the grapevine that Schnabel and their sub-contractor have been pooh poohing my reputation and quality of work.
Old 11-17-2011, 11:13 AM   #4
derrickp

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1propertyclean
Revenue sharing? Never heard of that one. So that means, they'll split their profits with you? Interesting. Where do you suppose those profits come from?:whistling

Linda
they charge 40 for a lock change. the lock cost me 5. they get 20 i get 15 with out any reimbustment. i have cut my ties with them. i didnt think the revenue sharing was part of the PP business.
Old 11-17-2011, 11:16 AM   #5
APlusPPGroup
Property Preservation

Quote:
Originally Posted by derrickp
they charge 40 for a lock change. the lock cost me 5. they get 20 i get 15 with out any reimbustment. i have cut my ties with them. i didnt think the revenue sharing was part of the PP business.
So, basically, they take 50% off the gross invoice and no reimbursements. I suppose their argument would be that they have as much in expenses on their end as you do on your end?

I would never go for that arrangement. To me, it's just .

Linda
APlusPPGroup is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to APlusPPGroup For This Useful Post:
Racerx (01-09-2013)
Old 11-17-2011, 04:34 PM   #6
BPWY
SUper Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1propertyclean
I suppose their argument would be that they have as much in expenses on their end as you do on your end?

I would never go for that arrangement. To me, it's just .

Linda

Suuuuuuuuure they do.

And no I wouldn't go along with that either.
BPWY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 09:56 PM   #7
metropaintingco

We had one of these offers as well, I disposed it in the trash. This is interesting, we invest money, equipment, labor and sharing 50%. That means that if HUD pays 50.00per QY we get 25.00 and we pay to the crews and to dispose it.... So, we work for free.........
Old 11-18-2011, 12:16 AM   #8
FremontREO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72opp
Good Morning,

There is a company based out of Hedrum, MN (Schnabel) who take 50% of profits but reimburse contractors 50% of costs. I cannot put my finger on it, but I do not like that setup. But they are a regional that cover parts of ND, SD, and MN (parts not all) and they can hold a grudge.

I started out being a sub-sub-contractor for Schnabel. I thought I was making good money ($1000.00 a week at first) but then the "good ole boy" network started up and another contractor with a personal relationship to Schnabel took over 95% of work orders. That's when I started contracting with other nationals. Schnabel found out about it and dropped me without paying about $2000.00 in unpaid invoices. Since then I keep hearing things through the grapevine that Schnabel and their sub-contractor have been pooh poohing my reputation and quality of work.
OK I don't think you are looking at this correctly

This Schnabel is paying 50% of the expense:
1) charge for fuel to and from jobsite
2) charge for fuel to and from landfill
3) charge for the landfill bill
4) charge for 3 men for 8 hour day at $42.00/hour
5) charge for cost of the daily insurance rate for GL, WC, Auto ins etc
6) charge for the photography time with uploading
7) charge for the clerical time at $28.00/hour for invoicing
8) charge for the utility bill for electrical usage for lights and computer usage
9) charge for vehicle and equipment depreciation

Heck the way I see it the labor will eat up 150% of the total cost of the job and they are paying 50% of these costs and then 50% of the leftover (profit)......HMMM sounds like you could come out like a bandit...just got to know how to work the system
Old 11-18-2011, 07:34 AM   #9
DreamWeaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by FremontREO
OK I don't think you are looking at this correctly

This Schnabel is paying 50% of the expense:
1) charge for fuel to and from jobsite
2) charge for fuel to and from landfill
3) charge for the landfill bill
4) charge for 3 men for 8 hour day at $42.00/hour
5) charge for cost of the daily insurance rate for GL, WC, Auto ins etc
6) charge for the photography time with uploading
7) charge for the clerical time at $28.00/hour for invoicing
8) charge for the utility bill for electrical usage for lights and computer usage
9) charge for vehicle and equipment depreciation

Heck the way I see it the labor will eat up 150% of the total cost of the job and they are paying 50% of these costs and then 50% of the leftover (profit)......HMMM sounds like you could come out like a bandit...just got to know how to work the system
That would never happen Remember, these outfits think that if you charge $35 for a grass cut, that you made $35 profit. All those miscellaneous things you referred to above shouldn't be factored for when running a P&P biz......
Old 11-18-2011, 09:14 AM   #10
FremontREO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeaver
That would never happen Remember, these outfits think that if you charge $35 for a grass cut, that you made $35 profit. All those miscellaneous things you referred to above shouldn't be factored for when running a P&P biz......
Isn't that the truth! COB is a voodoo term to these people