REO Property Preservation Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Go Back   REO Property Preservation Forum > Property Preservation Forum > General Property Discussion

Old 09-15-2012, 04:56 PM   #1
jlgivensandsons

Default coast 2 coast lawn care

got a call from c2c the other day asking if I'd like to fill out one of their venders packet. first thing i requested was a price list, what a joke!!!

$20 initial cut up to 15,000 sq. ft
$15 recurring
$8 per cut
$35 wint
$10 padlock change
$8 trip charge

are they kidding me, has anyone had a run in with these guys before? i might be from a podunk town in Georgia, but there is no way i could make a living at those rates.
jlgivensandsons is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PreservationTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!
Old 09-15-2012, 05:57 PM   #2
jlgivensandsons

the $8 per cut is suppose to be per cyd, auto correct on phone, sorry for confusion.
i searched the forum for anything on these people and found nothing. so please leave helpful info.
Old 09-15-2012, 06:02 PM   #3
mtmtnman

Just another regional 3-4 steps down the ladder. Sad thing is they WILL find people who will work for those prices.........
mtmtnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 06:11 PM   #4
jlgivensandsons

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmtnman
Just another regional 3-4 steps down the ladder. Sad thing is they WILL find people who will work for those prices.........
you just don't know how right you are, sad part is, it'll be someone not licensed or insured, making it impossible for the ones that try to do things the legal and moral way to make a living.
Old 09-15-2012, 06:15 PM   #5
J F

Just damn.
Old 09-15-2012, 08:30 PM   #6
BPWY
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlgivensandsons
the $8 per cut is suppose to be per cyd, auto correct on phone, sorry for confusion.
i searched the forum for anything on these people and found nothing. so please leave helpful info.
Quote:

Per yard????? I just turned down a job this week at $25 per.
Told them $35 min, they inflated the yards and sent it up to their client, heck I don't care. As long as the bottom price is what I wanted.

Its highly unlikely they'll find folks to work for them that have to pay out of pocket for expenses. Not around here they wont. This isn't detroit where there is no work at all to get money for their next crack/meth fix.
BPWY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:34 PM   #7
J F

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPWY

Its highly unlikely they'll find folks to work for them that have to pay out of pocket for expenses.
The only thing is...they won't have a problem. There is always a new wave of ignorance willing to be cannon fodder.

Maybe they have to hire more frequently, as most won't be able to front money for more than a week or so...but the mill keeps on turning.
Old 09-15-2012, 08:51 PM   #8
jlgivensandsons

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPWY
Per yard????? I just turned down a job this week at $25 per.
Told them $35 min, they inflated the yards and sent it up to their client, heck I don't care. As long as the bottom price is what I wanted.

Its highly unlikely they'll find folks to work for them that have to pay out of pocket for expenses. Not around here they wont. This isn't detroit where there is no work at all to get money for their next crack/meth fix.
i just sent a email to the so called state coordinator, if that's who he is, i don't know, just the one that has been communicating with me, i tried your tactic, since they claim im the only vendor they would have in th southeast georgia region, it should be no problem meeting me at my minimum price.
Old 09-16-2012, 05:43 AM   #9
GTX63
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,388 Times in 728 Posts

If you already know the rock bottom number you need to make your nut, then stick to it. From experience, I have found that it doesn't matter if the Pope owns the franchise, if I can't make any money doing what they want, there is no point in wasting any more time on them. Good Lord man, there is no way to cover expenses at those rates.
GTX63 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:03 PM   #10
PropPresPro

Quote:
numbpumpkin is probably signing up with them as we speak!