Facilities? - REO Property Preservation Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 08:06 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 694
Thanks: 42
Thanked 129 Times in 74 Posts
Facilities?

What kinds of facilities do you guys have? We are currently leasing some indoor office and looking to find some indoor parking/storage as well now. Most things we find are probably a little larger than we need, and trying to brainstorm some other ways to make use of larger space(3-4k sqft) that could supplement this business.
SwiftRes is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to SwiftRes For This Useful Post:
thanohano44 (11-04-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-05-2012, 04:03 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 203
Thanks: 10
Thanked 75 Times in 46 Posts
I have a 12,000sqft building, 2000sqft office. I lease out 3000sqft to a contractor friend and his lease payment covers my mortgage on my building. I purchased my building at a great deal so it works for me, I just have to pay property tax.

I also have a small section we store personnels in, the bank pays $300 per 15 yards to store for 30 days and its a money maker because we usually have a 2nd hand store pick the stuff up from our shop and we get 10% of the sale on the items.
wmhlc is offline  
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-05-2012, 07:37 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 694
Thanks: 42
Thanked 129 Times in 74 Posts
That's pretty good sized. We are looking at a 3500 SF space, 90% shop, 10% office, and another 5000 SF space that's 80% shop, 20% office. We figure we could run probably 6-7 crews out of the 3500 SF space.
SwiftRes is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-26-2012, 09:25 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,403
Thanks: 1,518
Thanked 533 Times in 287 Posts
5 acres in the country with a 2 car garage and 24x24 shop on the end, 10x50 storage lean too behind that and 10x20 lean to behind that. No need to lock anything up. #1. i am 10 miles from town, #2. i am at the end of a dead end private road and the only access is my driveway. Trailers all sit out. All vehicles all sit out cept for 1 truck in the winter to keep the snow off my tools. 15-18 inches of moisture a year don't seem to bother stuff too bad........
mtmtnman is offline  
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 05:28 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 694
Thanks: 42
Thanked 129 Times in 74 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmtnman View Post
5 acres in the country with a 2 car garage and 24x24 shop on the end, 10x50 storage lean too behind that and 10x20 lean to behind that. No need to lock anything up. #1. i am 10 miles from town, #2. i am at the end of a dead end private road and the only access is my driveway. Trailers all sit out. All vehicles all sit out cept for 1 truck in the winter to keep the snow off my tools. 15-18 inches of moisture a year don't seem to bother stuff too bad........

Yeah I wish. I live in town, and my wife works in downtown Des Moines, so I hate to go out too far. We just leased a 1600 SF office with a 4k SF shop/basement, but the way the shop is laid out, it's only about 3k of usable space that can fit 4 vehicles. We have outdoor parking, but put some security cameras up today, so I hope some SOB tries to steal one of our trailers
SwiftRes is offline  
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 07:57 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,403
Thanks: 1,518
Thanked 533 Times in 287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftRes View Post
Yeah I wish. I live in town, and my wife works in downtown Des Moines, so I hate to go out too far. We just leased a 1600 SF office with a 4k SF shop/basement, but the way the shop is laid out, it's only about 3k of usable space that can fit 4 vehicles. We have outdoor parking, but put some security cameras up today, so I hope some SOB tries to steal one of our trailers
IMHO piece of mind is worth a commute. 20 years ago when i had a real job i made a 65 mile trek to CHITcago 5 days a week so i could live where crime was low out in the country. Got smart and got the hell out of there too!!! LOL!
mtmtnman is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to mtmtnman For This Useful Post:
thanohano44 (11-28-2012)
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 09:29 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 694
Thanks: 42
Thanked 129 Times in 74 Posts
I live in the burbs, no worry about crime, but no space to sprawl out either.

I am in the process of selling my current house, and going to be finding a new place to buy. I considered finding a house that I could run my business out of, but now having several employees and an office person, I decided that I didn't want that much traffic at my house. In the summertime, I had guys working until 10-11 at night sometimes. Plus I like at least a little bit of separation(as I'm writing this, it's 8:30 PM and I'm still at office, OOPS).
SwiftRes is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to SwiftRes For This Useful Post:
BPWY (11-28-2012)
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 01:20 AM
Super Moderator
 
GTX63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Your House Soon...Soon
Posts: 3,186
Thanks: 676
Thanked 2,249 Times in 1,094 Posts
Out in the country where there are no covenants, codes, zoning or rules, where you can build lean tos, lean fros, lean overs...however, if you do any sales, retail or need a showroom, it isn't so good.
GTX63 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to GTX63 For This Useful Post:
mtmtnman (11-28-2012)
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 01:27 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,403
Thanks: 1,518
Thanked 533 Times in 287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftRes View Post
I live in the burbs, no worry about crime, but no space to sprawl out either.

I am in the process of selling my current house, and going to be finding a new place to buy. I considered finding a house that I could run my business out of, but now having several employees and an office person, I decided that I didn't want that much traffic at my house. In the summertime, I had guys working until 10-11 at night sometimes. Plus I like at least a little bit of separation(as I'm writing this, it's 8:30 PM and I'm still at office, OOPS).
Obamacare will take care of your employee issue. Seriously though, 5 acres. Shop at one end, house at the other. 1 tax bill, 1 place to maintain.....
mtmtnman is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the REO Property Preservation Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome