REO Property Preservation Forum banner

Grass cut pictures

14K views 25 replies 15 participants last post by  madxtreme01 
#1 ·
Hello,

I guess I just have a general question about grass cuts. In my state it's hard to find dedicated workers. So when grass cuts start back up I will be doing it on my own. How would you seasoned guys suggest I get during pictures of the mowing and weeding if it's just me? Thanks.

#2 ·
We photo the mower with the trimmer and the blower in the yard after all work is done. 4 befores, 4 afters, one equipment pic and possibly one of the trailer if we are hauling landscape waste. A solo guy with one hand on a weedeater and one on the camera is an accident in progress. Probably won't work for many of the regionals but that is our sop.

#5 ·
We take pics of a mower in the yard (As Part of our Before Pics), and a leaf blower pointed at the sidewalk (One Handed). They get 4 before pictures and 4 after pictures as well. For obvious safety reasons, make sure that the mower isn't running.

#13 ·
I use the timer on my camera if the client requires action shots. My main provider just needs the befores, and after with mower on the yard, weedeating, edging, blowing off. Three of the front, pics down the alleys and three across the back. IMO if they ask for 20 pictures, give them 26 or so. They love that stuff, really makes them think you are motivated, and odds are nothing will get rejected...good luck!!

#15 ·
While I completely agree with you, and being a former cubicle monkey (sort of still am, but not really), it isn't always the cubicle monkey that is requesting the during photos. I know, from personal experience, that most of the time it is a requirement of the company, set by the owner, based on the idea that this will prevent orders coming back from their client (E.G. the banks). I'm sure almost everyone knows that already, but maybe some of the newer people on this board will possibly take it a little easier on their reps (only if they deserve the respect lol).

#20 ·
This whole thread makes me puke. Selfi sticks, one handed machines running pics, count down timers. You're only helping turn this part of the biz into the circus it is. Because you give them anything for nothing, they ask for everything.

If the photo viewer can't tell you did the work without you in the picture than he/she and the company is stupid.

If you as a contractor can't take decent pics without a clown show to prove the work is done than you're stupid.

I have done 25,000+ grass cuts/snow removals for various nationals and NEVER NOT ONCE have I EVER given a picture of a person doing the work. Quit wasting your time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.