The reason the debt is so high is from the failed policies of George Bush. The trickle down economy that Mitt Romney is running on is what Bush did for 8 years and it led to the largest economic crisis since the great depression. Without the debt the banks would have failed, the dollar would have failed, hundreds of thousands would have lost their jobs and the USA would have been worthless.
Mitt Romney is going to go right back to those same policies. Also, I'm an atheist. The federal reserve should be shut down and we should revert back to the gold standard. Obama isn't my perfect president but Mitt Romney is in a horrible position. He is trying to increase the NAVY and ARMY budget by billions that the ARMY and NAVY have not requested and have actually recommended not to do.
What has Obama done?
- Signed New START Treaty - nuclear arms reduction pact with Russia
- First president to endorse same-sex marriage equality
- Signed the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act
- Provided travel expenses to families of fallen soldiers to be on hand when the body arrives at Dover AFB
- Launched recovery.gov to track spending from the Recovery Act
- Provided the Department of Veterans Affairs with more than $1.4 billion to improve services to America's VeteransSigned the Children's Health Insurance Reauthorization Act, which provides health care to 11 million kids -- 4 million of whom were previously uninsured (I was one of them.)
- Issued executive order to repeal Bush era restrictions on federal funding for embryonic stem cell research
- Developed stimulus package, which includes approx. $18 billion for nondefense scientific research and development
- Issued executive order to close the prison at Guantanamo Bay
- Increased minority access to capital
- Established Credit Card Bill of Rights, preventing credit card companies from imposing arbitrary rate increases on customers
- Tax cuts for up to 3.5 million small businesses to help pay for employee health care coverage
Just a few, I'm sure a lot of these impact you guys beneficially.
Thanohano, when Mitt Romney refers to small businesses, he is referring to millionaires. Donald Trump and all his businesses are technically small businesses. He speaks on technicalities and not facts. If you're making under 250k a year your taxes go down. With Mitt Romney, anything above and you're looking at somewhere around $2,000+ depending on your income.
I'm not anti-republican but even if I was for Mitt and his policies, he is not a nice guy. He's deceitful, unexperienced and out of touch. In his first debate he told the most lies of any presidential candidate in history. All fact checked.
Here's a video