REO Property Preservation Forum banner

Inspection pricing

10K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Maryjanebehave 
#1 ·
Good day. Thinking about doing some inspection work for a buddies company. Anyone know what typical pay for ( Inspections: regular, rush, interior and insurance)? What is the typical trip charge? Also why would anyone put a discount on top of a already low rate?

thanks

#4 ·
I honestly don't know what the going rate is for inspections these days. I've heard it said that people are completing them for under $10/ea. I find that hard to believe, but then again I find a lot of this circus hard to believe. Like Craigslist Hack, I also stopped doing inspections years ago when I could no longer negotiate a fair price. The last ones I did were at $50/ea., and at that price I struggled to make them profitable in the rural areas I cover.

I assume you're wanting to start doing this to make money? Figure out for yourself what you need to get paid per inspection to make it profitable after all your business overhead is deducted - vehicle & general liability insurance, vehicle maintenance, fuel, tires, etc., time spent inspecting is calculated - include the late nights uploading too, make sure your assumed liability is compensated for, and then offer that # up to your buddy.

Worst he can say to your required price is NO, and then you'll happily go on to the next opportunity knowing that you wouldn't have made a profit anyway.

#11 ·
i just got done doing 357 "drive by shootings', which are front pic, address pic, street sign, no contact, PFC inspections. IT SUCKED! but i was paid $11.00 per house, and did not have to get out of the vehicle. You do the math, but it really was not fun, especially uploading all those damn photos. Seriously. You have to be super human to keep that many photos organized enough to upload them properly, and it was on AGS platform so no fun altogether. I wont be doing that again....sounded good. but trust me...it was not. best regards to all. mj

#14 ·
Argh! a sleepless night in old san antone... Sorry for the delay in answering! I overlooked your question. I am not sure of the source company, tbh. It was thru a company called Solid Foundations Properties out of Lafayette LA, who does a lot of Altisource work, but has branched into PFC inspections and is processing the thru the AGS platform. xo mj

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.