Carrington looking for a sucker..... - REO Property Preservation Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-29-2016, 12:25 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,403
Thanks: 1,518
Thanked 533 Times in 287 Posts
Carrington looking for a sucker.....

Carrington looking for a sucker. So they sent me pricing last week and it's not all that bad. Bad thing is they want E&O which for what little they have is a loss for me. He calls me back today and asks if i want to move forward. I told him i could cover my county with no travel charges, My county is the same size as Connecticut. He then pops the "you'll have to cover 12-13 counties" BS line. The counties in question account for 29,000 Sq Miles or right around the size of South Carolina. I asked him what they had for homes in these areas knowing full well their is virtually no foreclosures here. He said they currently had 15 properties LMFAO!! So i asked him straight up if he was looking for someone to sub out work in these counties as their is NO WAY 1 company can cover work without being reimbursed for travel and hotel. Here are distances from our show to the homes they have, All are ONE WAY miles. 95% is 2 lane roads, NO INTERSTATE!

Missoula, 125 miles
Thompson falls, 117 miles
Libby, 98 miles
Helena, 205 miles
Hamilton, 170 miles
Butte, 235 miles

I told him their was no way i could cover that much area without subcontractors and if i had to take a management fee and drive to the properties to follow up and make sure the subs where doing a good job i would need a lot more $$$$$ than they are offering. He then says "no problem, We won't have any problem finding someone else" GOOD LUCK!!!
mtmtnman is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-29-2016, 03:33 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 537
Thanks: 21
Thanked 118 Times in 76 Posts
They all say this crap thinking they can just find contractors with a flip of the hat. I think it's a feel guilty line try get you to accept.
david is offline  
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-29-2016, 04:22 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Florida
Posts: 35
Thanks: 17
Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Carrington is the worst, I really enjoy A)the24- 48 hour turnaround on grass cuts and B)Taking full interior pictures, windows, doors, plumbing, wall plugs, fixtures etc etc on a lawn re-cut. Love those 150 picture re-cuts!! Also I have yet to go to a Carrington property that was not a complete mess or falling into the ground.
Fantasticfordme is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-29-2016, 06:39 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,403
Thanks: 1,518
Thanked 533 Times in 287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasticfordme View Post
Carrington is the worst, I really enjoy A)the24- 48 hour turnaround on grass cuts and B)Taking full interior pictures, windows, doors, plumbing, wall plugs, fixtures etc etc on a lawn re-cut. Love those 150 picture re-cuts!! Also I have yet to go to a Carrington property that was not a complete mess or falling into the ground.

This was for rehab work.............
mtmtnman is offline  
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-31-2016, 02:33 AM
Super Moderator
 
PropPresPro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Big Sky Country
Posts: 1,214
Thanks: 423
Thanked 930 Times in 466 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmtnman View Post
Carrington looking for a sucker. So they sent me pricing last week and it's not all that bad. Bad thing is they want E&O which for what little they have is a loss for me. He calls me back today and asks if i want to move forward. I told him i could cover my county with no travel charges, My county is the same size as Connecticut. He then pops the "you'll have to cover 12-13 counties" BS line. The counties in question account for 29,000 Sq Miles or right around the size of South Carolina. I asked him what they had for homes in these areas knowing full well their is virtually no foreclosures here. He said they currently had 15 properties LMFAO!! So i asked him straight up if he was looking for someone to sub out work in these counties as their is NO WAY 1 company can cover work without being reimbursed for travel and hotel. Here are distances from our show to the homes they have, All are ONE WAY miles. 95% is 2 lane roads, NO INTERSTATE!

Missoula, 125 miles
Thompson falls, 117 miles
Libby, 98 miles
Helena, 205 miles
Hamilton, 170 miles
Butte, 235 miles

I told him their was no way i could cover that much area without subcontractors and if i had to take a management fee and drive to the properties to follow up and make sure the subs where doing a good job i would need a lot more $$$$$ than they are offering. He then says "no problem, We won't have any problem finding someone else" GOOD LUCK!!!
They got the same answer from me - Who are they going to call now for professional service?

Iíve already told you more than I know.
PropPresPro is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to PropPresPro For This Useful Post:
mtmtnman (03-31-2016)
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-31-2016, 06:30 AM
Super Moderator
 
GTX63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Your House Soon...Soon
Posts: 3,186
Thanks: 676
Thanked 2,249 Times in 1,094 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by propprespro View Post
they got the same answer from me - who are they going to call now for service?
f i f y
GTX63 is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GTX63 For This Useful Post:
BRADSConst (03-31-2016), mtmtnman (03-31-2016), PropPresPro (04-01-2016)
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-01-2016, 12:11 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,403
Thanks: 1,518
Thanked 533 Times in 287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PropPresPro View Post
They got the same answer from me - Who are they going to call now for professional service?


Maybe this is why Alpine is spamming CL and e-mails???
mtmtnman is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to mtmtnman For This Useful Post:
PropPresPro (04-01-2016)
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-01-2016, 06:23 AM
Super Moderator
 
GTX63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Your House Soon...Soon
Posts: 3,186
Thanks: 676
Thanked 2,249 Times in 1,094 Posts
My experience has been many times when they are caught between a rock and a hard place, they just let them sit. I've declined nonsense orders and watched them sit in an open queue for months or more. Nationals don't want to pay you as it is, why chase bad money with good?
GTX63 is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GTX63 For This Useful Post:
mtmtnman (04-01-2016), PropPresPro (04-01-2016)
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the REO Property Preservation Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome