Asons, sup - REO Property Preservation Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-05-2016, 12:55 AM Thread Starter
emc
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 40
Thanks: 0
Thanked 10 Times in 7 Posts
Asons, sup

So a few weeks ago, I decided to pick up A-son's. Actually they contacted me so I decided to hit the books on them. Since the general populous on this forum is anti national company, info was pretty short... and asking for info was about like ripping teeth out of my jaw with a bent pair of rusty pliers...

This is what I have found from my experience thus far. Mind you this is only after a few weeks. If you are like me always looking for more info, revisit in a few more weeks and see what else I have to say. Now I have had good clients and bad clients so I am going to be fairly critical but fair.
----
The Situation:
Ok, so first off, as I said before, I was contacted by A-son's. I did put in an app with them once upon a time but decided not to pursue it. The rep that contacted me promised plenty of work and as usual tried to make it too go to be true.

My thoughts on the Situation:
They all promise the world, it is BS... just like a care salesman, get used to it and don't take out a loan for a new car or something stupid. Still they wouldn't be looking so hard if they didn't have at least one job in the area.
----
The Situation:
So I signed the papers, read through them. The prices looked low but nearly everyone I talked to said... "Man, they pay fast!" Some said 2 days, some said 1-2 weeks.

My thoughts on the Situation:
I thought some busy work to fill in some time gaps wouldn't be a bad thing, especially if they had a quick pay turn around. The more I contemplated it, I realized that there is better places than PnP to get busy work... and the payouts are just as fast if not better. What I mean to say is I can't imagine buying a zero turn and cutting lawns for banks when my neighbors will pay me $40 for 1/4 acre, same day pay. I would more than likely make the purchase and branch out into some serious landscaping, using the equipment for pnp when required. Keeping that in mind, I dropped all my "busy work clients" with the exception of Asons. I want to see how they stack up first.
----

The Situation:
So a week in I got a call from a rep with a huge list of properties... holy crap lets get cracking. I noticed the list was not for my area and required some serious travel. I told the rep I could handle it but I need to crunch numbers, a trip charge is likely in order. The rep agreed, then 5 mins later called back and informed me that someone else claimed the work. *wft just happened?*

My Thoughts on the Situation:
This rep has no idea where I am located or where the work they are sending my way is located. So I need to spell it out to them still, not a big deal... this time. Still 5 mins, woha that is quick. Maybe this is me being critical but I was BSed out the door about local volume and then sent work outside my area. That isn't a very positive impression.
----

The Situation:
Finally... local work. So every prop requires a PCR form and they pay me 10 for it, not bad! I fill out something similar to a PCR on every prop I touch just for my own record. This is just copying the info.

My Thoughts on the Situation:
Sadly just a lawn cut/shrub cut. Still I banked like $60 in an hour, not too shabby.
----

The Situation:
So far the work is really slow. They have Carrington's lawns and I manage a lot of Carrington's props through another client. Yet no work.

My Thoughts on the Situation:
I wonder why I am not doubling up on them. Perhaps they still have a primary vendor in the area? No idea, too soon to really tell much else.
----


I hope this post helps someone. I am sorry if I rambled or typoed... it is pretty friggen late. Trying to stay up to rotate some laundry ^^. Took a big trip recently and ran out of pants when I got back home LOL.
emc is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emc For This Useful Post:
G 3 (08-05-2016), GTX63 (08-05-2016)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-05-2016, 09:14 PM
Senior Member
 
JoeInPI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 339
Thanks: 499
Thanked 200 Times in 113 Posts
Asons is also cutting a buttload of lawns for GTJ. They're getting $35/$45/$55 depending on size for recuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTX63 View Post
If not satisfied please returned the unused portion of the product and we'll return the unused portion of your money.
JoeInPI is offline  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-12-2016, 08:39 AM
Low quality low cost
 
Craigslist Hack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Every city
Posts: 2,337
Thanks: 695
Thanked 1,687 Times in 846 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by emc View Post
So a few weeks ago, I decided to pick up A-son's. Actually they contacted me so I decided to hit the books on them. Since the general populous on this forum is anti national company, info was pretty short... and asking for info was about like ripping teeth out of my jaw with a bent pair of rusty pliers...

This is what I have found from my experience thus far. Mind you this is only after a few weeks. If you are like me always looking for more info, revisit in a few more weeks and see what else I have to say. Now I have had good clients and bad clients so I am going to be fairly critical but fair.
----
The Situation:
Ok, so first off, as I said before, I was contacted by A-son's. I did put in an app with them once upon a time but decided not to pursue it. The rep that contacted me promised plenty of work and as usual tried to make it too go to be true.

My thoughts on the Situation:
They all promise the world, it is BS... just like a care salesman, get used to it and don't take out a loan for a new car or something stupid. Still they wouldn't be looking so hard if they didn't have at least one job in the area.
----
The Situation:
So I signed the papers, read through them. The prices looked low but nearly everyone I talked to said... "Man, they pay fast!" Some said 2 days, some said 1-2 weeks.

My thoughts on the Situation:
I thought some busy work to fill in some time gaps wouldn't be a bad thing, especially if they had a quick pay turn around. The more I contemplated it, I realized that there is better places than PnP to get busy work... and the payouts are just as fast if not better. What I mean to say is I can't imagine buying a zero turn and cutting lawns for banks when my neighbors will pay me $40 for 1/4 acre, same day pay. I would more than likely make the purchase and branch out into some serious landscaping, using the equipment for pnp when required. Keeping that in mind, I dropped all my "busy work clients" with the exception of Asons. I want to see how they stack up first.
----

The Situation:
So a week in I got a call from a rep with a huge list of properties... holy crap lets get cracking. I noticed the list was not for my area and required some serious travel. I told the rep I could handle it but I need to crunch numbers, a trip charge is likely in order. The rep agreed, then 5 mins later called back and informed me that someone else claimed the work. *wft just happened?*

My Thoughts on the Situation:
This rep has no idea where I am located or where the work they are sending my way is located. So I need to spell it out to them still, not a big deal... this time. Still 5 mins, woha that is quick. Maybe this is me being critical but I was BSed out the door about local volume and then sent work outside my area. That isn't a very positive impression.
----

The Situation:
Finally... local work. So every prop requires a PCR form and they pay me 10 for it, not bad! I fill out something similar to a PCR on every prop I touch just for my own record. This is just copying the info.

My Thoughts on the Situation:
Sadly just a lawn cut/shrub cut. Still I banked like $60 in an hour, not too shabby.
----

The Situation:
So far the work is really slow. They have Carrington's lawns and I manage a lot of Carrington's props through another client. Yet no work.

My Thoughts on the Situation:
I wonder why I am not doubling up on them. Perhaps they still have a primary vendor in the area? No idea, too soon to really tell much else.
----


I hope this post helps someone. I am sorry if I rambled or typoed... it is pretty friggen late. Trying to stay up to rotate some laundry ^^. Took a big trip recently and ran out of pants when I got back home LOL.

Call David Gulotta at Carrington and take the work from both of them. Problem solved and you get a raise.
Craigslist Hack is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Craigslist Hack For This Useful Post:
G 3 (08-12-2016)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-12-2016, 10:22 AM
G 3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 210
Thanks: 255
Thanked 145 Times in 85 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigslist Hack View Post
Call David Gulotta at Carrington and take the work from both of them. Problem solved and you get a raise.
And people say that all we do is complain and don't help each other out.
G 3 is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to G 3 For This Useful Post:
Craigslist Hack (08-12-2016), safeguard dropout (08-12-2016)
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-13-2016, 01:18 PM Thread Starter
emc
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 40
Thanks: 0
Thanked 10 Times in 7 Posts
You are right, they are doing a ton of GTJ lawns as well.

I know it has been a moment since my last update. Alright so here is the breakdown.

Ason's does in fact pay daily. It might run a day behind depending on how late in the day you submit the order via their web portal.

Carrington's lawns require a full photo bucket of interior photos as well as a pcr form to couple it. Presently paying $5 and making honest Abe's first come back in years. Wewt...

GTJ just wants the quick dirty cut with no pics of the inside.

Bidding anything seems to have yielded 0 results thus far.

So my overall thoughts thus far. Well... why am I still updating about lawn cuts! WTH is the real work? As far as I can tell this is just a lawn service company. While they pay is lightning quick you don't really get the opportunity to make much profit. They typically send you to several different towns in each batch of lawns... really digging into those $30-35 payments.

This isn't a company I would refer to anyone. However, I am going to stick around for another two weeks or so and see what I can dig up. I wouldn't hold your breath.
emc is offline  
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-13-2016, 07:58 PM
Senior Member
 
JoeInPI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 339
Thanks: 499
Thanked 200 Times in 113 Posts
Why not just sign up with GTJ then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTX63 View Post
If not satisfied please returned the unused portion of the product and we'll return the unused portion of your money.
JoeInPI is offline  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-14-2016, 01:05 AM Thread Starter
emc
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 40
Thanks: 0
Thanked 10 Times in 7 Posts
I have worked direct with GTJ before. That wasn't exactly enjoyable. They reminded me of Safeguard but with less pay lol.

That being said, cutting grass is usually just cutting grass. If I wanted to make money cutting lawns I would just do residential. It will always pay better.

I wanted to see what Ason's was like. I have heard bad things and good things. So I gave it a shot.
emc is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the REO Property Preservation Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome