How to pay for SecureView ?? - REO Property Preservation Forum
 2Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 02:38 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
How to pay for SecureView ??

Hello All,
I would like to know how people are paying for the Secureview boarding materials that Safeguard requires/offers.

Is it an actual requirement to use it instead of plywood to board up windows and doors?

If so, do they take they usual % off the top for using Secureview? And are people having trouble being able to afford it?

Thanks!
ChicagoPres is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 12:25 PM
Recovering con'dtractor
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 97
Thanks: 128
Thanked 60 Times in 37 Posts
Screwguard owns screwview, so they make money when you buy it, take a percentage of you invoice, and probably find a reason to cut your invoice, so I would have trouble affording it.

Why would you do a job for someone who controls the cost of your supplies, sets your pricing for you, and withholds some of the money you earned?
sylelo likes this.

Stay away from fools, for you won't find knowledge on their lips.
-God
charge back is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to charge back For This Useful Post:
GTX63 (03-07-2017)
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 02:03 PM
Senior Member
 
RichR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 232
Thanks: 58
Thanked 125 Times in 63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by charge back View Post
Screwguard owns screwview, so they make money when you buy it, take a percentage of you invoice, and probably find a reason to cut your invoice, so I would have trouble affording it.

Why would you do a job for someone who controls the cost of your supplies, sets your pricing for you, and withholds some of the money you earned?
Unfortunately this is a FNM thing and not a SG thing. Just happens that SG is one of only 3 that sells the crap that FNM requires. Unless a local glass shop can get it for you.
RichR is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 04:55 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by charge back View Post
Screwguard owns screwview, so they make money when you buy it, take a percentage of you invoice, and probably find a reason to cut your invoice, so I would have trouble affording it.

Why would you do a job for someone who controls the cost of your supplies, sets your pricing for you, and withholds some of the money you earned?

Lol I hear....can you please tell me who you get your jobs from? I definitely would love to not have to go with Safeguard...
ChicagoPres is offline  
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 04:56 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Btw I called SecureView up and they said they don't offer financing and they "recommend" paying with a credit card lol
ChicagoPres is offline  
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 07:37 PM
Recovering con'dtractor
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 97
Thanks: 128
Thanked 60 Times in 37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichR View Post
Unfortunately this is a FNM thing and not a SG thing. Just happens that SG is one of only 3 that sells the crap that FNM requires. Unless a local glass shop can get it for you.
yeah, screwguard and MFS, both SG subsidiaries

most lumber yards can get clear lexan panels and black hdpe....

Stay away from fools, for you won't find knowledge on their lips.
-God
charge back is offline  
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 07:45 PM
Recovering con'dtractor
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 97
Thanks: 128
Thanked 60 Times in 37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoPres View Post
Lol I hear....can you please tell me who you get your jobs from? I definitely would love to not have to go with Safeguard...
I will not share, less and less % of our work is preservation world, but you have skills and tools acquired while working in this industry, market those to local businesses and homeowners, both of which will pay more than SG and will pay quicker

see the sticky for how to get out of this industry at the top of the page, lots of great info in there

Stay away from fools, for you won't find knowledge on their lips.
-God
charge back is offline  
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 09:18 AM
Low quality low cost
 
Craigslist Hack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Every city
Posts: 2,338
Thanks: 695
Thanked 1,687 Times in 846 Posts
Here is a short cut to making money. No charge!

When Safeguard calls say NO!

When MCS calls say NO!

When FNMA calls laugh as you say NO!

When someone tells you they want a window boarded bust out the plywood. If they don't like that method say NO!

When someone asks you to tape off the area of mold for measuring say NO!

Follow my easy 1 step plan and you will learn to make money. Familiarize yourself with the word NO!
sylelo likes this.
Craigslist Hack is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Craigslist Hack For This Useful Post:
charge back (03-07-2017), GTX63 (03-08-2017)
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 01:05 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 7
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
I avoid installing ClearBoard at all costs. Mainly because of the cost, shipping cost for us was $75 on top of clearboard costs. They have to deliver it by freight so a semi and trailer show up @ your place of business. I informed our client that we would not be clearboarding any windows so they just told us to reglaze. So that's what we do. Even if its a double pane thermal window I've taught myself how to reglaze those by basically making a sandwhich out of plexiglass or you could always order it from a local glass company. If it fogs up because it doesn't have argon within...who cares? You could even install a single pane of plexiglass into the "double pane". What I've learned is no matter how much we hate something that is newly introduced into this industry...if we want to continue doing this work then we have to adapt. As long as that adaptation is still making us money.
P&P Player is offline  
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 01:43 PM
Low quality low cost
 
Craigslist Hack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Every city
Posts: 2,338
Thanks: 695
Thanked 1,687 Times in 846 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by P&P Player View Post
I avoid installing ClearBoard at all costs. Mainly because of the cost, shipping cost for us was $75 on top of clearboard costs. They have to deliver it by freight so a semi and trailer show up @ your place of business. I informed our client that we would not be clearboarding any windows so they just told us to reglaze. So that's what we do. Even if its a double pane thermal window I've taught myself how to reglaze those by basically making a sandwhich out of plexiglass or you could always order it from a local glass company. If it fogs up because it doesn't have argon within...who cares? You could even install a single pane of plexiglass into the "double pane". What I've learned is no matter how much we hate something that is newly introduced into this industry...if we want to continue doing this work then we have to adapt. As long as that adaptation is still making us money.
I just tell them this is how we do it and here is our price. If you want it done another way call someone else.

Last week Green River Capital called and wanted a bid breakout. I told them NO. That's our price pay it or don't.
Craigslist Hack is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the REO Property Preservation Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome