Simple Strategy for Getting in with realtors - REO Property Preservation Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 10:43 AM Thread Starter
Low quality low cost
 
Craigslist Hack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Every city
Posts: 2,338
Thanks: 695
Thanked 1,687 Times in 846 Posts
Simple Strategy for Getting in with realtors

I receive many private messages asking me who the good clients are and how to get in with realtors. I think maybe a helpful thread from the veterans will help some of you.

  1. Identify your target- Google foreclosures in your area and see who the listing agents are. The names you see popping up regularly are the agents who manage foreclosures.
  2. Choose your weapon- develop a marketing strategy that shows the Features advantages and benefits of choosing your company over their existing vendors. Print business cards and a color flier and give away something with your name on it. We use bottle opener keychains with a built in flashlight. Realtors always have keys and everyone can use a bottle opener and a flashlight.
  3. Take aim- go into their office with your marketing materials and ask if you could "SPONSOR" their next sales meeting. Nobody turns down free stuff.
  4. Fire your best shot-We usually cater in Chic Fila, or something a local joint that does a really great breakfast. NO DOUGHNUTS! stay away from the cheap lower end stuff that they have every week. While they are enjoying the refreshments we provided we give a short but comprehensive dissertation on our company. We hand out fliers to EVERY agent and also give a short powerpoint with pictures of our work. Avoid death by powerpoint! Don't bore them. Open up for questions at the end.
  5. Confirm the kill- We don't always get a phone call but usually by 2-3 days later we have a chimney leak to go look at or something. By the second or third time you do this at their office your name burns into their brain. We get invited to their Thanksgiving and their Christmas parties.
We market as a company that can handle inspection repairs. We talk very little about REO or Preservation. Nearly every property sold has an inspection done on it. We go after that work. It has to be done fast and they can't shop your price. Usually one guy can make $1,000.00 in a few hours. There is no set pricing and most of the work is minor stuff.

This is not the keys to the kingdom but if you market EVERY single office in your area this way you will be the go to guy in a matter of years if you supply good service and manage your company professionally.
Craigslist Hack is offline  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Craigslist Hack For This Useful Post:
AaronMcKeehan (03-13-2017), charge back (03-10-2017), GTX63 (03-11-2017), JoeInPI (03-14-2017), RG22 (04-04-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 10:47 AM Thread Starter
Low quality low cost
 
Craigslist Hack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Every city
Posts: 2,338
Thanks: 695
Thanked 1,687 Times in 846 Posts
One other thing I might add is be especially attentive to the office manager. She coordinates the deals with the agents. It's very important when they say "we need someone to fix the roof" she says what about XYZ who was at the meeting?

I have one office that the office manager gets me tons of work.
Craigslist Hack is offline  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 06:30 PM
Recovering con'dtractor
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 97
Thanks: 128
Thanked 60 Times in 37 Posts
sharing solid gold, you must not be the average clist hack

Stay away from fools, for you won't find knowledge on their lips.
-God
charge back is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 07:57 PM Thread Starter
Low quality low cost
 
Craigslist Hack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Every city
Posts: 2,338
Thanks: 695
Thanked 1,687 Times in 846 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by charge back View Post
sharing solid gold, you must not be the average clist hack
I've been accused of not being helpful and of being a smart ass. The reality is I expect common sense to answer most of the Newbie's questions. As you are typing "anyone ever heard of Ricky's Rip Off Preservation?" how does it not occur to you that they will screw you just like they did the last guy?

When they call and say "we can't find anyone in your area?" yet I can hit the googles and the phone book and find literally thousands of contractors so why can't they? Why would they call someone not even in the phone book? Someone who doesn't advertise? Someone who is "NEW" to the business? Why would they do this?

Craigslist Hack is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Craigslist Hack For This Useful Post:
charge back (03-13-2017)
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 03:56 PM
CEO, ParadigmRPA
 
AaronMcKeehan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Posts: 56
Thanks: 53
Thanked 18 Times in 14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigslist Hack View Post
I receive many private messages asking me who the good clients are and how to get in with realtors. I think maybe a helpful thread from the veterans will help some of you.

  1. Identify your target- Google foreclosures in your area and see who the listing agents are. The names you see popping up regularly are the agents who manage foreclosures.
  2. Choose your weapon- develop a marketing strategy that shows the Features advantages and benefits of choosing your company over their existing vendors. Print business cards and a color flier and give away something with your name on it. We use bottle opener keychains with a built in flashlight. Realtors always have keys and everyone can use a bottle opener and a flashlight.
  3. Take aim- go into their office with your marketing materials and ask if you could "SPONSOR" their next sales meeting. Nobody turns down free stuff.
  4. Fire your best shot-We usually cater in Chic Fila, or something a local joint that does a really great breakfast. NO DOUGHNUTS! stay away from the cheap lower end stuff that they have every week. While they are enjoying the refreshments we provided we give a short but comprehensive dissertation on our company. We hand out fliers to EVERY agent and also give a short powerpoint with pictures of our work. Avoid death by powerpoint! Don't bore them. Open up for questions at the end.
  5. Confirm the kill- We don't always get a phone call but usually by 2-3 days later we have a chimney leak to go look at or something. By the second or third time you do this at their office your name burns into their brain. We get invited to their Thanksgiving and their Christmas parties.
We market as a company that can handle inspection repairs. We talk very little about REO or Preservation. Nearly every property sold has an inspection done on it. We go after that work. It has to be done fast and they can't shop your price. Usually one guy can make $1,000.00 in a few hours. There is no set pricing and most of the work is minor stuff.

This is not the keys to the kingdom but if you market EVERY single office in your area this way you will be the go to guy in a matter of years if you supply good service and manage your company professionally.
I tried PMing you but I was told that your Inbox is full. I was wondering if you might be interested in posting the same thing as a guest blog post on our website?

I distribute the content posted on there to the preservation facebook groups, LinkedIn etc.
AaronMcKeehan is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to AaronMcKeehan For This Useful Post:
Craigslist Hack (03-14-2017)
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 08:34 AM Thread Starter
Low quality low cost
 
Craigslist Hack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Every city
Posts: 2,338
Thanks: 695
Thanked 1,687 Times in 846 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronMcKeehan View Post
I tried PMing you but I was told that your Inbox is full. I was wondering if you might be interested in posting the same thing as a guest blog post on our website?

I distribute the content posted on there to the preservation facebook groups, LinkedIn etc.
I'm not really a blogger and this post was certainly not rocket surgery. My inbox is full because so many people asked me the same questions time and time again that I quit answering or even reading the messages. Each topic has been covered in the open forum and they either don't want to believe or they over think it.

I don't have Facebook and the people on LinkedIn are worse than the newbies here. Every day some Craigslist Contractor posts up pics of his mowing trailer with half a load on it stating how they do monster trash outs. These same people will be selling Amway in a few years. Or you have the others making videos and sharing basic business principles that my dog understands yet they are touting them like they are the Dale Carnegie, or Robert Kiyosaki of our industry.

As it stands I still have many of the same problems everyone else does in this business. I won't be coaching or authoring advice columns until I have it all figured out and have the answers.
Craigslist Hack is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Craigslist Hack For This Useful Post:
charge back (03-14-2017), PropPresPro (03-14-2017), RG22 (04-06-2017)
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 10:57 AM
Super Moderator
 
GTX63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Your House Soon...Soon
Posts: 3,186
Thanks: 676
Thanked 2,249 Times in 1,094 Posts
Almost 7k members on this board. A few go back to the days when a preservation contractor could have 6 figure receivables from multiple Nationals and do 7 figures every year. Even during those days I made a point to continue with rehabs, construction, flips and rentals. Those 4 will always be a viable means of earning a living, and preservation can be implemented into those categories without involving third parties. To continue to rely on carpet baggers to supply you with crumbs is to lay a big fat roadblock in your own pathway to prosperity.

A smart man makes a mistake, learns from it, and never makes that mistake again. But a wise man finds a smart man and learns from him how to avoid the mistake altogether.
GTX63 is offline  
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GTX63 For This Useful Post:
charge back (03-15-2017), Craigslist Hack (03-15-2017), PropPresPro (03-15-2017), RG22 (04-06-2017), safeguard dropout (03-15-2017), Wannabe (03-16-2017)
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the REO Property Preservation Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome