Finding hurricane relief work - REO Property Preservation Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-01-2012, 10:52 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 40
Thanks: 0
Thanked 11 Times in 7 Posts
Finding hurricane relief work

Anyone have any information on this? As grasscut season is ending, we are looking for ways to keep our subs busy. Is there a site to apply to contract work related to Sandy?
FearlessTeapot is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-01-2012, 12:10 PM
Senior Member
 
REO2Rentals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Michigan:)
Posts: 236
Thanks: 147
Thanked 30 Times in 23 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessTeapot View Post
Anyone have any information on this? As grasscut season is ending, we are looking for ways to keep our subs busy. Is there a site to apply to contract work related to Sandy?
How about FEMA inspection in North East? Where are you located?
REO2Rentals is offline  
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-01-2012, 03:19 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 40
Thanks: 0
Thanked 11 Times in 7 Posts
We sub out mainly Preservation work, and have contractors in a few states, some of which are willing to relocate for more work.
FearlessTeapot is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-01-2012, 03:37 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Alabama
Posts: 29
Thanks: 0
Thanked 22 Times in 11 Posts
Contact local fire and water repair outfits. Talk to Servpro etc.. They are probably subbing out work. Sears has a fire and storm division also. Find local contractors in the areas and offer your services.

The main thing is you need local approval and all the paper work, so being a sub under another national or already established out fit would probably be the best approach if you are not a locally known vendor.

When we did storm work in the SE, the local county and states had temp license and registration for out of state contractors. But, I don't know how that works in a LABOR UNION controlled area. I'm sure its not as easy, probably have to be a Union member first I don't know. Haven't done much work in the NE.
SagesServices is offline  
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-01-2012, 09:25 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,403
Thanks: 1,518
Thanked 533 Times in 287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SagesServices View Post
Contact local fire and water repair outfits. Talk to Servpro etc.. They are probably subbing out work. Sears has a fire and storm division also. Find local contractors in the areas and offer your services.

The main thing is you need local approval and all the paper work, so being a sub under another national or already established out fit would probably be the best approach if you are not a locally known vendor.

When we did storm work in the SE, the local county and states had temp license and registration for out of state contractors. But, I don't know how that works in a LABOR UNION controlled area. I'm sure its not as easy, probably have to be a Union member first I don't know. Haven't done much work in the NE.

Yup! The Unions will be controlling the cleanup and because of this it will take 3X as long to complete.......
mtmtnman is offline  
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-02-2012, 05:04 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Baxter MN
Posts: 172
Thanks: 119
Thanked 99 Times in 59 Posts
I got an email from one of our nationals asking for help there. If your interested PM me
garylaps is offline  
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-02-2012, 05:19 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 847
Thanks: 664
Thanked 247 Times in 151 Posts
JDRM is offline  
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-02-2012, 07:05 AM
Super Moderator
 
GTX63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Your House Soon...Soon
Posts: 3,186
Thanks: 676
Thanked 2,249 Times in 1,094 Posts
It is all about the money with them.
GTX63 is offline  
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-02-2012, 07:46 AM
Super Moderator
 
BPWY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: MT
Posts: 4,096
Thanks: 1,470
Thanked 774 Times in 468 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by garylaps View Post
I got an email from one of our nationals asking for help there. If your interested PM me



Can you post more details on the forum?
Thanks.

Professionals are people who can do their job when they don't feel like it.
Amateurs are people that can't do their job even when they do feel like it.
BPWY is offline  
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-02-2012, 09:02 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Alabama
Posts: 29
Thanks: 0
Thanked 22 Times in 11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTX63 View Post
It is all about the money with them.
I saw a project go union by force and the people were already making heavy highway rates. After the union finished they were making 50% less after dues and they were locked in to that by actual force. The locals did not want to join. The labors were screwed the most.

It reminded me of a day labor service. The men get $10, company still pays $19 plus the usual taxes. I thought $19 per hour was a good wage for a labor in KY 12 years ago. We offerd no deductible health care starting at $11 per week. We left a month later and went to a good non hostile place that paid much more with insurance. It was non-union in Atlanta.
SagesServices is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the REO Property Preservation Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome