If You Could Give Advice To Someone Starting Out, What Would You Tell Them... - REO Property Preservation Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-02-2012, 07:14 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
If You Could Give Advice To Someone Starting Out, What Would You Tell Them...

"Run away & never look back."

Now that I have the typical "forum" response out of the way, let's talk. Before moving for school, I worked for a vendor that serviced Safeguard properties, specifically lawn care.

Servicing Safeguard properties for 4 years, I have a pretty good understanding on what it takes to profit from $30/lawn. Some of you should be very familiar w/ this.

Anyways, I met up w/ a broker at the University. Needless to say, I'll be getting a call on Monday as far as what services I can provide. So I know a guy, that knows a guy, that can get me a list of properties.

What service is the most profitable?

I have access to just about everything. Trucks, trailers, lawn mowers, etc etc & no not push mowers, specifically eXmarks. To be completely honest, there's very little money to be made w/ lawn care, at least from my experience.

Clean out & removal?
Sanitation?
Evictions?
Locks?

Snow Removal is not an option at the moment.

Any help would be great! I don't mean to come across as a "smart a$$," but I know there's money to be made here, ....if you're efficient enough & have the resources.


From my experience, it's not that easy to profit from Safeguard servicing their lawns. I'd imagine this is true w/ evictions, locks, sanitation, clean-outs, etc.

Don't bother w/ Safeguard & look for something else? If so, what?


Also, I'll be working w/ another gentleman starting out. As soon as they're trained in, I'll be attending school while they work for me. I'll be the boss here. -Laugh, I know. I've been doing this for a few years. Let's get the B.S. out of the way. Don't get mad:P

trollllllllllllll lol I love forums
05LGT is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-02-2012, 07:21 PM
How I wanna be a PP Pro
 
Wannabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 1,103
Thanks: 232
Thanked 1,277 Times in 562 Posts
Sounds like you have it going for ya. I would do ALL those listed services--lots of money to be made. Go get 'em.
Wannabe is offline  
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-02-2012, 07:23 PM
Senior Member
 
REO2Rentals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Michigan:)
Posts: 236
Thanks: 147
Thanked 30 Times in 23 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05LGT View Post
"Run away & never look back."

Now that I have the typical "forum" response out of the way, let's talk. Before moving for school, I worked for a vendor that serviced Safeguard properties, specifically lawn care.

Servicing Safeguard properties for 4 years, I have a pretty good understanding on what it takes to profit from $30/lawn. Some of you should be very familiar w/ this.

Anyways, I met up w/ a broker at the University. Needless to say, I'll be getting a call on Monday as far as what services I can provide. So I know a guy, that knows a guy, that can get me a list of properties.

What service is the most profitable?

I have access to just about everything. Trucks, trailers, lawn mowers, etc etc & no not push mowers, specifically eXmarks. To be completely honest, there's very little money to be made w/ lawn care, at least from my experience.

Clean out & removal?
Sanitation?
Evictions?
Locks?

Snow Removal is not an option at the moment.

Any help would be great! I don't mean to come across as a "smart a$$," but I know there's money to be made here, ....if you're efficient enough & have the resources.


From my experience, it's not that easy to profit from Safeguard servicing their lawns. I'd imagine this is true w/ evictions, locks, sanitation, clean-outs, etc.

Don't bother w/ Safeguard & look for something else? If so, what?


Also, I'll be working w/ another gentleman starting out. As soon as they're trained in, I'll be attending school while they work for me. I'll be the boss here. -Laugh, I know. I've been doing this for a few years. Let's get the B.S. out of the way. Don't get mad:P

trollllllllllllll lol I love forums

HOW DEEEEEP IS YOUR POCKETS [email protected]@k
REO2Rentals is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-02-2012, 07:26 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabe View Post
Sounds like you have it going for ya. I would do ALL those listed services--lots of money to be made. Go get 'em.
Too expensive to start out. I need something small to begin w/ & not enough workers for the whole works.
05LGT is offline  
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-02-2012, 07:29 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by REO2Rentals View Post
HOW DEEEEEP IS YOUR POCKETS [email protected]@k

Not very. I'm only 20 years of age. I currently have 16k in savings, & another 9k in investments.

I'm down 7k in student loans.

I'm saving for a tri-plex to rent out to my fellow colleagues:P

I grew up in the upper-middle class. I have access to quite a few resources, & would like to take advantage of them.

So, what's it guna be guys?

Train in a pair of High school students, pay them $9/hr & have them cut grass, & call it a day or do something else? Repair costs for lawn service is extremely high. -feed for trimmes, gas, oil, flat tires, blades, belts, etc.

I was thinking about sending them out for EVICTIONS only or possibly clean outs.
05LGT is offline  
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-02-2012, 10:48 PM
Super Moderator
 
BPWY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: MT
Posts: 4,096
Thanks: 1,470
Thanked 774 Times in 468 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05LGT View Post
Not very. I'm only 20 years of age. I currently have 16k in savings, & another 9k in investments.

I'm down 7k in student loans.





Wanna know the secret for making a small fortune in this business???




Start with a large one.






Honestly bro I'd rather see you work for local customers that pay on the spot (usually) than risk your financial stability on P&P.
Your work drive is to be commended at your age. You'll go far in life.

Professionals are people who can do their job when they don't feel like it.
Amateurs are people that can't do their job even when they do feel like it.
BPWY is offline  
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-02-2012, 10:54 PM
Senior Member
 
thanohano44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,016
Thanks: 1,397
Thanked 289 Times in 168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05LGT View Post
Not very. I'm only 20 years of age. I currently have 16k in savings, & another 9k in investments.

I'm down 7k in student loans.

I'm saving for a tri-plex to rent out to my fellow colleagues:P

I grew up in the upper-middle class. I have access to quite a few resources, & would like to take advantage of them.

So, what's it guna be guys?

Train in a pair of High school students, pay them $9/hr & have them cut grass, & call it a day or do something else? Repair costs for lawn service is extremely high. -feed for trimmes, gas, oil, flat tires, blades, belts, etc.

I was thinking about sending them out for EVICTIONS only or possibly clean outs.
High school aged students? I wouldn't recommend it. Check with your GL and E&O insurance provider on how much it will cost you.
thanohano44 is offline  
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-03-2012, 01:28 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thanohano44 View Post
High school aged students? I wouldn't recommend it. Check with your GL and E&O insurance provider on how much it will cost you.

Interesting.

When I worked for the Vendor, it was me & another student. Both of us were attending High School at the time.
05LGT is offline  
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-03-2012, 01:29 AM
Senior Member
 
thanohano44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,016
Thanks: 1,397
Thanked 289 Times in 168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05LGT View Post
Interesting.

When I worked for the Vendor, it was me & another student. Both of us were attending High School at the time.
Were you covered by his insurance or was he paying you in cash.
thanohano44 is offline  
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-03-2012, 01:52 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPWY View Post
Wanna know the secret for making a small fortune in this business???




Start with a large one.






Honestly bro I'd rather see you work for local customers that pay on the spot (usually) than risk your financial stability on P&P.
Your work drive is to be commended at your age. You'll go far in life.

Lawn care services have saturated the area.

Along w/ lawn care service, I shingled & poured concrete over the past few years, hence my savings. Honestly, there has to be a better way. I get along w/ Calc just fine. -Engineering is my fall-back.

While the housing market is down, I'm not so confident heading that direction. There's no way I'll have a 60k loan paid off by the time I graduate, & at that point, I'll be hit w/ student loans.

Idk gentlemen. The way I see it is people make their money by taking advantage of their resources & expanding. unfortunately, my only resources are w/ Safeguard & I don't want to be bustin my ass just to break even every day.

I know I'll do fine in life financially ...down the road. I'm looking for that outlet I'll think of 40 yrs from now. -That choice you could have made to benefit yourself financially today.

It's kind of a bummer. Now it's off to filling out 20+ online applications for retail stores knowing the best I'm going to make is a dime over minimum wage.

Either that or I lose all dignity & shoot porn lmfao -Not guna happen.

I'm probably going to set aside the Safeguard outlet given all the negatives. Ha, I'd almost make more of an honest living hangin' w/ the hackers on campus & the douches who show up to try & sell Amway products to unknowing students who don't know any better

If anyone has any comments, suggestions, feel free. Ebays always an option, along w/ blogs, but meh' I'd never get the traffic.
05LGT is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the REO Property Preservation Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome