Return to property!!! - REO Property Preservation Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 07:02 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Saint Louis
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Return to property!!!

I got an order last week from a job I had done the previous week. I had been to the property several times over the last months for various things. Mold abatement, electric check, grass cuts etc. I finally got the order to go change all existing locks, clean it out and perform all work to place the property in conveyance condition. After completing the work order a few days later I get another one telling me to "return to property" to secure the garage. The problem is over the last several months I have placed numerous bids to remove the 75ft tree that had fallen on the garage and flattened it like a pancake!! Now the question is, Do I go take MORE pics of the 2 ft tall garage with the 75 ft tree laying on it or should I just go back slap a hasp and padlock on the door laying on the ground and call it a day? I am tempting to do the latter
StlCleanOut is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 08:15 AM
Super Moderator
 
GTX63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Your House Soon...Soon
Posts: 3,186
Thanks: 676
Thanked 2,249 Times in 1,094 Posts
You should be emailing your contact person with a couple pics of the garage and asking them what exactly about the garage would they like to have secured
GTX63 is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GTX63 For This Useful Post:
Gypsos (11-14-2012), JFMURFY (11-13-2012)
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 08:15 AM
How I wanna be a PP Pro
 
Wannabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 1,103
Thanks: 232
Thanked 1,277 Times in 562 Posts
They want you to secure the garage so nobody gets hurt playing on tree or garage. You need to install security fencing around the entire tree. Once that is done you need to cover the tree and garage to prevent any garage roof leaks with tarp, bid to rebuild and/or demo garage. THEN put a P/H on the entry door and on the overhead door
Wannabe is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Wannabe For This Useful Post:
68W30 (11-15-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 11:08 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: ohio
Posts: 568
Thanks: 137
Thanked 307 Times in 177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabe View Post
They want you to secure the garage so nobody gets hurt playing on tree or garage. You need to install security fencing around the entire tree. Once that is done you need to cover the tree and garage to prevent any garage roof leaks with tarp, bid to rebuild and/or demo garage. THEN put a P/H on the entry door and on the overhead door
hammerhead is offline  
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 12:19 PM
Senior Member
 
thanohano44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,016
Thanks: 1,397
Thanked 289 Times in 168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabe View Post
They want you to secure the garage so nobody gets hurt playing on tree or garage. You need to install security fencing around the entire tree. Once that is done you need to cover the tree and garage to prevent any garage roof leaks with tarp, bid to rebuild and/or demo garage. THEN put a P/H on the entry door and on the overhead door
You forgot the bid to demolish once all securing has been completed
thanohano44 is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thanohano44 For This Useful Post:
68W30 (11-15-2012), kninegirl (11-19-2012)
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 05:29 PM
Low quality low cost
 
Craigslist Hack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Every city
Posts: 2,337
Thanks: 695
Thanked 1,687 Times in 846 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StlCleanOut View Post
I got an order last week from a job I had done the previous week. I had been to the property several times over the last months for various things. Mold abatement, electric check, grass cuts etc. I finally got the order to go change all existing locks, clean it out and perform all work to place the property in conveyance condition. After completing the work order a few days later I get another one telling me to "return to property" to secure the garage. The problem is over the last several months I have placed numerous bids to remove the 75ft tree that had fallen on the garage and flattened it like a pancake!! Now the question is, Do I go take MORE pics of the 2 ft tall garage with the 75 ft tree laying on it or should I just go back slap a hasp and padlock on the door laying on the ground and call it a day? I am tempting to do the latter
If you do the latter you could be held liable and have to remove the tree at your own cost. I would contact my client discuss with them the specifics of this particular situation and get something in writing stating how to proceed.
Craigslist Hack is offline  
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 08:40 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 694
Thanks: 42
Thanked 129 Times in 74 Posts
It's probably their system somehow notifying the updater that there is a garage present, but has not been secured. So they blindly send the email. I'm sure a simple escalation to whomever your rep is would solve it.
SwiftRes is offline  
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 10:01 PM
Senior Member
 
STARBABY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: kentucky
Posts: 681
Thanks: 582
Thanked 197 Times in 137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftRes View Post
It's probably their system somehow notifying the updater that there is a garage present, but has not been secured. So they blindly send the email. I'm sure a simple escalation to whomever your rep is would solve it.
oh come on your giving them a lot of credit now
STARBABY is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to STARBABY For This Useful Post:
68W30 (11-15-2012)
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 10:04 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 694
Thanks: 42
Thanked 129 Times in 74 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by STARBABY View Post
oh come on your giving them a lot of credit now
Well it's either that, or the updater looked at your order so in depth they realized there was a garage there, hadn't been previously secured, and you didn't do it on this trip.

Was this a SG BAC special project for ICC condition?
SwiftRes is offline  
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 10:09 PM
Senior Member
 
STARBABY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: kentucky
Posts: 681
Thanks: 582
Thanked 197 Times in 137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftRes View Post
Well it's either that, or the updater looked at your order so in depth they realized there was a garage there, hadn't been previously secured, and you didn't do it on this trip.

Was this a SG BAC special project for ICC condition?
have no clue do not work for SG. do work for 5 brothers and does look like something they would do!
STARBABY is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the REO Property Preservation Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome