Guardian asset. - REO Property Preservation Forum
 4Likes
  • 1 Post By Jay16910
  • 1 Post By Craigslist Hack
  • 1 Post By Craigslist Hack
  • 1 Post By safeguard dropout
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-03-2018, 06:03 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Jay16910's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: wyoming
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Guardian asset.

We have done some work for these guys before. Everything was smooth. But today I got this email.


"I can tell you what the orders will pay, but every order is different. In this case if you took all the orders it will be priced like this: Lockbox (20.00), Lockset replacement on secondary door (15.00), Toilet cleaning (20.00 per toilet), pressure test (10.00), and your grass cut is 60.00."

How embarrassing. I would never have sent this to ANY client. I replied with a message stating a few of the prices we are payed by other companies for the same thing, that didn't go over well. Anybody else have a major price gouge issue?
Dnyanesh likes this.
Jay16910 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-08-2018, 12:34 PM
Low quality low cost
 
Craigslist Hack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Every city
Posts: 2,336
Thanks: 695
Thanked 1,687 Times in 846 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay16910 View Post
We have done some work for these guys before. Everything was smooth. But today I got this email.


"I can tell you what the orders will pay, but every order is different. In this case if you took all the orders it will be priced like this: Lockbox (20.00), Lockset replacement on secondary door (15.00), Toilet cleaning (20.00 per toilet), pressure test (10.00), and your grass cut is 60.00."

How embarrassing. I would never have sent this to ANY client. I replied with a message stating a few of the prices we are payed by other companies for the same thing, that didn't go over well. Anybody else have a major price gouge issue?

ALL lockbox is $40.00 each
Each Lock is $60.00 so if there are two on a door that door cost $120.00
All padlocks are $40.00 each
Dirty toilets are a bid item
We don't pressure test. We either winterize for $300.00 or we don't touch plumbing
Our minimum Grass cut is $65.00
Craigslist Hack is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Craigslist Hack For This Useful Post:
JoeInPI (08-09-2018)
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-10-2018, 07:48 PM
Business Consultant
 
Cleanupman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Silver Springs, Nevada
Posts: 1,380
Thanks: 322
Thanked 564 Times in 339 Posts
Major issues starting to crop up on this company...will have special report tomorrow

Aladay LLC
Property Preservation
New Business Consultant
Custom Glass&Wood
Cleanupman is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-11-2018, 08:45 AM
Low quality low cost
 
Craigslist Hack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Every city
Posts: 2,336
Thanks: 695
Thanked 1,687 Times in 846 Posts
We received an email from a company explaining new debris photo requirements. Let me tell you some things we will NEVER EVER do when we remove debris.


1. We will never ever write anything on a white board or any other board and take a pic of it.
2. We will never provide our trailer measurements.
3. We will never under any circumstances draw, tape, or paint lines in our trailers.
4. We will never take photo's of things other than the trash out unless being paid to do so.



You guys out there doing this stuff are ruining the business while screwing yourselves.
safeguard dropout likes this.
Craigslist Hack is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Craigslist Hack For This Useful Post:
safeguard dropout (08-13-2018)
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-12-2018, 01:52 PM
Business Consultant
 
Cleanupman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Silver Springs, Nevada
Posts: 1,380
Thanks: 322
Thanked 564 Times in 339 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigslist Hack View Post
We received an email from a company explaining new debris photo requirements. Let me tell you some things we will NEVER EVER do when we remove debris.


1. We will never ever write anything on a white board or any other board and take a pic of it.
2. We will never provide our trailer measurements.
3. We will never under any circumstances draw, tape, or paint lines in our trailers.
4. We will never take photo's of things other than the trash out unless being paid to do so.



You guys out there doing this stuff are ruining the business while screwing yourselves.
Would be very interested in reading the body of the email

Aladay LLC
Property Preservation
New Business Consultant
Custom Glass&Wood
Cleanupman is offline  
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-12-2018, 08:42 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigslist Hack View Post
We received an email from a company explaining new debris photo requirements. Let me tell you some things we will NEVER EVER do when we remove debris.


1. We will never ever write anything on a white board or any other board and take a pic of it.
2. We will never provide our trailer
measurements.
3. We will never under any circumstances draw, tape, or paint lines in our trailers.
4. We will never take photo's of things other than the trash out unless being paid to do so.



You guys out there doing this stuff are ruining the business while screwing yourselves.
so you would rather the clients guess with photos and cut you? I'm curious why you feel this way
Pres_know_it_all is offline  
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-13-2018, 06:04 PM
Low quality low cost
 
Craigslist Hack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Every city
Posts: 2,336
Thanks: 695
Thanked 1,687 Times in 846 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pres_know_it_all View Post
so you would rather the clients guess with photos and cut you? I'm curious why you feel this way

Why would my clients have to guess with photo's? I turn in an invoice for the work completed. There is no guessing. I almost never break out the number of cyds being removed. I give them a price and they either take it or leave it. No haggling or arguing after the fact.
safeguard dropout likes this.
Craigslist Hack is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Craigslist Hack For This Useful Post:
PropPresPro (08-15-2018), safeguard dropout (08-13-2018)
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-13-2018, 10:20 PM
Senior Member
 
safeguard dropout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Midwest
Posts: 628
Thanks: 410
Thanked 406 Times in 233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pres_know_it_all View Post
so you would rather the clients guess with photos and cut you? I'm curious why you feel this way
Do you know what a bid is? It is a HARD number. That means said work for said money. Period! I send pics showing work to be completed with my bids. If a client has any questions they ask them BEFORE approving the bid. If a client, whether that be a national, regional, realtor, or private customer, cuts me a check for less than owed, I'll stop doing work for them faster than a fat baby fills a diaper!

What? BATF? Well, I'm not allowed to discuss BATF due to this forum having some foul language restrictions.
Craigslist Hack likes this.
safeguard dropout is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to safeguard dropout For This Useful Post:
Craigslist Hack (08-15-2018)
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the REO Property Preservation Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome