Join Date: Dec 2012
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thank you all for responding.
This was the "resolution" email.
The client has stated that this order is being processed on the 1/15 check next tuesday. I have asked accounting to cut you a check once we receive payment from client. This will most likely be the end of next week. I will keep you informed of the process.
I like the idea of starting a paper trail. Should I really CC the actual client? these people owe me >$10,000 (<-- which was an ignorant newbie mistake I have had someone on this forum tell me to treat these guys like I'm giving them a line of credit. Don't over extend until you know they will pay. Too bad I was already done by the time I heard this.)I don't really want to piss them off unless it comes to that. Ya know that ole adage " you get more fly's with honey than vinegar". I have a Lawyer on retainer, but I'm concerned if I send him after my money they'll just stonewall me in court for as long as they can. I'd much rather just get paid. Right now! I'm not sure if its the case or not, but it seems my Field Op mgr Is trying to work with the client to get me paid. I read my contract and nowhere in it does it say "pay when paid" They have a set Schedule laid out in a individual file naming all the pay cycles and check cut dates. I had to sign this and send it back to them. Do you guy's really think telling them "whether or not you got paid has nothing to do with me" actually persuade them to pay me? Surely there is a better (more professional) way of wording that. "My contract states that I should get paid for X on X date and that is legally binding you have 7 days to resolve this issue yada yada whatever it needs to say..." What leverage do I have and what is the law. Do I mention my lawyer yet? What actual steps does it take to resolve this issue (I'm about to go read the sticky on the PPG as soon as I post this.)just so were clear. I am going to send out a letter of intent to state I need to collect on an overdue invoice CC the field manager accounting and the GM and also my lawyer (CLIENT?). Should I wait and see if the issue will resolve itself. I'm not concerned about not getting more work because like you said. Its not worth having to fight for my money. However if there is an easier more tactful way to just convince them to pay me I'd rather just get paid than make them pay. Ya know. P.S. I'm done with this company. Is there any hope for finding a company that runs a proper BUSINESS when it come to PP. Pays Fair, Reasonably able to work with us(vendors), No hassle in pay. I've heard go strait to the mortgage broker who is handling the foreclosure. How do I find these people?