Un f*ing real - REO Property Preservation Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-30-2013, 01:52 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Blonde25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Menifee CA
Posts: 53
Thanks: 8
Thanked 19 Times in 11 Posts
Un f*ing real

So I am beginning to see how things work. I did 2 excessive debris jobs in the last 2 weeks(over 35) and both show my 14x8x5 dump trailer fully loaded 5 times per job time and date stamped with a member of my crew standing on top of them. I just get the most make me want to puke email saying that this is within allowable. Tree branches can be broken more. I am in a state of shock, both properties were excessive landscape which we have to trim all shrubs from property, tree branches, and dead vegetation that took my guys between 12-16 hours to make them flawless. Just on the yard, when I called to inquire I get this runaround- Landscape needs to be compressed not like regular debris. So I ask for the compression method 2 trashbags to 1 cyd? No, every case is different. Then we actually have a tense argument and she says forward to another rep maybe they will count differently. It basically means that my 21cyd dump trailer only holds 7cyds of landscape and trash. They must not realize dump fees are higher for Green Waste in Riverside County. Sometimes, it is just so discouraging.... Booo! So my question is what is the problem. Is it the properties not holding enough value to spend money on an additional 25cyds, or is it that no-one wants to be the person to approve overages and lose these million dollar companies $400?
Blonde25 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-30-2013, 03:45 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 588
Thanks: 192
Thanked 255 Times in 114 Posts
To be honest, my feeling is that they know damn well how much debris there was. They will get paid for the full amount you listed but cut your invoice. Have seen it before, just another way for them to make more money.
brm1109 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to brm1109 For This Useful Post:
Magnum305 (04-01-2013)
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-30-2013, 05:44 AM
Super Moderator
 
GTX63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Your House Soon...Soon
Posts: 3,186
Thanks: 676
Thanked 2,249 Times in 1,094 Posts
You have a rep that has never had to remove debris for a living; they have never had much experience in the field outside of their training when they were hired with the company. They do not "lose" money on a job; in some cases they make less. At best, the rep will be in another field in 6-12 months and they just plain have no feel for what they are doing outside of the company manual. At worst, they are scumbags who work on performance bonuses. Check your state laws; I would inform them via email and paper mail of my intent to collect of what is owed, via lien, etc asap.
GTX63 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to GTX63 For This Useful Post:
Valley (03-30-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-30-2013, 06:30 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 232
Thanks: 281
Thanked 74 Times in 53 Posts
And that is the reason why they have those ever so spoken words.... Have a nice day , see you down the road


Valley is offline  
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-30-2013, 06:56 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Baxter MN
Posts: 172
Thanks: 119
Thanked 99 Times in 59 Posts
I know your outrage...I have never been in a field were they require you to take pictures to prove what you have done then tell you you didn't do what was clearly in the pictures. I have as you have done, gone around in circles with these yahoos to no satisfaction...AH but SOMEDAY when I get my other boot on (sigh) the shoe will be on the other foot and I'll stick my boot up there a$$ while they are trying to get their other shoe on. Seriously, have someone else not involved and unbiased who doesn't know your story look at you pics and ask them what they see. This whole business is about pictures. Use this as a learning experiance as I had to once and got "educated" on how to make a picture say what you want it to say.
garylaps is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to garylaps For This Useful Post:
Valley (03-30-2013)
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-30-2013, 09:11 AM
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Southeast Wisconsin
Posts: 1,059
Thanks: 890
Thanked 1,208 Times in 536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde25 View Post
So I am beginning to see how things work. I did 2 excessive debris jobs in the last 2 weeks(over 35) and both show my 14x8x5 dump trailer fully loaded 5 times per job time and date stamped with a member of my crew standing on top of them. I just get the most make me want to puke email saying that this is within allowable. Tree branches can be broken more. I am in a state of shock, both properties were excessive landscape which we have to trim all shrubs from property, tree branches, and dead vegetation that took my guys between 12-16 hours to make them flawless. Just on the yard, when I called to inquire I get this runaround- Landscape needs to be compressed not like regular debris. So I ask for the compression method 2 trashbags to 1 cyd? No, every case is different. Then we actually have a tense argument and she says forward to another rep maybe they will count differently. It basically means that my 21cyd dump trailer only holds 7cyds of landscape and trash. They must not realize dump fees are higher for Green Waste in Riverside County. Sometimes, it is just so discouraging.... Booo! So my question is what is the problem. Is it the properties not holding enough value to spend money on an additional 25cyds, or is it that no-one wants to be the person to approve overages and lose these million dollar companies $400?
Politely inform your rep that you are very well versed on the dimensions of your dump trailer, and you know EXACTLY how many loads to return to the property above what you are paid for.

Even if the stuff has been removed, I'm sure you can find sources of debris to redeposit at the property. Keep in mind, this may be the last time they ever send you work, but who wants to work for a company like that anyway.

I met a guy in Milwaukee once dumping crap at a foreclosure. He told me they didn't pay him what he was owed and was just returning it to them. He could have been full of chit, but with me being in this business, it seemed just as plausible that he was telling the truth too.



BRADSConst is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BRADSConst For This Useful Post:
thanohano44 (03-31-2013), warranpiece (04-01-2013)
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-30-2013, 09:48 AM
How I wanna be a PP Pro
 
Wannabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 1,103
Thanks: 232
Thanked 1,277 Times in 562 Posts
The problem is that those deskjockeys see the tree removal companies with Chippers working and EXPECT you to "have 1 of those Chippers also" BUT they dont pay enough to justify the equipment purchase.

In 2006 I purchase a skidloader and grapple bucket to be able to more effeciently remove large debris fields from farm properties. Used it apprx 10x on P&P jobs THEN the banks decided to sell "as is". Anyone need a good deal on a 04 Case 45XT w/grapple and trailer?
Wannabe is offline  
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-30-2013, 10:18 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 178
Thanks: 13
Thanked 40 Times in 28 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabe View Post
The problem is that those deskjockeys see the tree removal companies with Chippers working and EXPECT you to "have 1 of those Chippers also" BUT they dont pay enough to justify the equipment purchase.

In 2006 I purchase a skidloader and grapple bucket to be able to more effeciently remove large debris fields from farm properties. Used it apprx 10x on P&P jobs THEN the banks decided to sell "as is". Anyone need a good deal on a 04 Case 45XT w/grapple and trailer?
Ooooo what kinda good deal are we talking about?
Freddie is offline  
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-30-2013, 10:20 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 178
Thanks: 13
Thanked 40 Times in 28 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde25 View Post
So I am beginning to see how things work. I did 2 excessive debris jobs in the last 2 weeks(over 35) and both show my 14x8x5 dump trailer fully loaded 5 times per job time and date stamped with a member of my crew standing on top of them. I just get the most make me want to puke email saying that this is within allowable. Tree branches can be broken more. I am in a state of shock, both properties were excessive landscape which we have to trim all shrubs from property, tree branches, and dead vegetation that took my guys between 12-16 hours to make them flawless. Just on the yard, when I called to inquire I get this runaround- Landscape needs to be compressed not like regular debris. So I ask for the compression method 2 trashbags to 1 cyd? No, every case is different. Then we actually have a tense argument and she says forward to another rep maybe they will count differently. It basically means that my 21cyd dump trailer only holds 7cyds of landscape and trash. They must not realize dump fees are higher for Green Waste in Riverside County. Sometimes, it is just so discouraging.... Booo! So my question is what is the problem. Is it the properties not holding enough value to spend money on an additional 25cyds, or is it that no-one wants to be the person to approve overages and lose these million dollar companies $400?
I feel your pain, but I'm suprised you haven't learned this lesson a long time ago. Too bad it had to be on a job like this but at least it wasn't a 100 plus harder... Things could have always been worse


Was this a ams property?
Freddie is offline  
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-30-2013, 12:59 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Blonde25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Menifee CA
Posts: 53
Thanks: 8
Thanked 19 Times in 11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brm1109 View Post
To be honest, my feeling is that they know damn well how much debris there was. They will get paid for the full amount you listed but cut your invoice. Have seen it before, just another way for them to make more money.
is that how it works? I was trying to figure the method to their madness, why all of a sudden there is so much more inconsistency and cutting on my debris counts. Do you think they get a per cyd rate, if so that is b.s because they make more on their portion of the flat rate than the vendor.
Blonde25 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the REO Property Preservation Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome