I think I am getting ripped off quick advice needed - REO Property Preservation Forum
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-03-2013, 06:41 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Idaho
Posts: 62
Thanks: 31
Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
I think I am getting ripped off quick advice needed

Ok heres the deal I subbed work from a company and they sent me a price list via email stating that maid services Pay 110.00 So today I just caught on to the fact I have been getting 27.00 per maid Mind you these houses are usually filthy even if its not a intial. I was told a intial sales clean was 120.00 Never once was I told a maid service paid 27.00! Also mind you I would have to drive 240 miles round trip to some of these so called 27 buck maid services

Should I send them a forward of what they said a maid pays or just cut communications and send him a bill via small claim (Pretty simple here)
livinlife is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-03-2013, 06:50 PM
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Southeast Wisconsin
Posts: 1,059
Thanks: 890
Thanked 1,208 Times in 536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livinlife View Post
Ok heres the deal I subbed work from a company and they sent me a price list via email stating that maid services Pay 110.00 So today I just caught on to the fact I have been getting 27.00 per maid Mind you these houses are usually filthy even if its not a intial. I was told a intial sales clean was 120.00 Never once was I told a maid service paid 27.00! Also mind you I would have to drive 240 miles round trip to some of these so called 27 buck maid services

Should I send them a forward of what they said a maid pays or just cut communications and send him a bill via small claim (Pretty simple here)
Most I've seen from a national or regional is $50 for a maid refresh. $25-$27 seems like the going rate in todays lowball pricing. Sounds like a bait and switch to me......



BRADSConst is offline  
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-03-2013, 06:54 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Idaho
Posts: 62
Thanks: 31
Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Thats what this is feeling like to me. Not once did he ever disclose that a maid service was 27.00. Now that I think about how much I was burning on gas and supplies I was paying to make this D bag money
livinlife is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-03-2013, 07:09 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 72
Thanks: 29
Thanked 51 Times in 27 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livinlife View Post
Thats what this is feeling like to me. Not once did he ever disclose that a maid service was 27.00. Now that I think about how much I was burning on gas and supplies I was paying to make this D bag money
The problem is semantics. Also, you probably knew that 110 is too much for a maid refresh if you are doing recurring services. It just doesn't exist. Most companies pay something along those lines for an initial, and that is not even close to enough. Maid services for AMS run 16 dollars. If you can believe that.
warranpiece is offline  
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-03-2013, 07:15 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Idaho
Posts: 62
Thanks: 31
Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
i had no idea what was the going rate for anything when I started taking job from this company it was the first time I had ever heard of property preservation and I made that known to them.
livinlife is offline  
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-03-2013, 07:20 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 72
Thanks: 29
Thanked 51 Times in 27 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livinlife View Post
i had no idea what was the going rate for anything when I started taking job from this company it was the first time I had ever heard of property preservation and I made that known to them.
Well welcome to it. Janitorials are ALWAYS a loosing affair unless you are working HUD or for a realtor. Even then it can be rough. You will never be paid 110 for a recurring maid service.

Somone took advantage of your ignorance. It is common when bringing on new people, to not have them told the entire story. If you were told the entire story, you would never agree to do the work at that rate.

So if you never heard of it, how did you get into it? I am not sure I understand what led you here?
warranpiece is offline  
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-03-2013, 07:24 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Idaho
Posts: 62
Thanks: 31
Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by warranpiece View Post
Well welcome to it. Janitorials are ALWAYS a loosing affair unless you are working HUD or for a realtor. Even then it can be rough. You will never be paid 110 for a recurring maid service.

Somone took advantage of your ignorance. It is common when bringing on new people, to not have them told the entire story. If you were told the entire story, you would never agree to do the work at that rate.

So if you never heard of it, how did you get into it? I am not sure I understand what led you here?

I was looking for some part time work and checked craigslist and seen the ad and it sounded like fun. I thought why not Its something new so I gave it a shot...
livinlife is offline  
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-03-2013, 07:28 PM
Super Moderator
 
GTX63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Your House Soon...Soon
Posts: 3,186
Thanks: 676
Thanked 2,249 Times in 1,094 Posts
Rule #37 of the Contractor's Mortgage Field Service Handbook-

If you don't have it in writing, then it was never discussed.

GTX63 is offline  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GTX63 For This Useful Post:
68W30 (04-05-2013), BPWY (04-03-2013), BRADSConst (04-03-2013), Expat (04-23-2013), livinlife (04-03-2013)
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-03-2013, 07:37 PM
Business Consultant
 
Cleanupman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Silver Springs, Nevada
Posts: 1,380
Thanks: 322
Thanked 564 Times in 339 Posts
and another one bites the dust.....

Oh just kiddin'...did you do "maid services" or perform janitorial/sales clean services????
If the later then tell them they owe money...if the first then that is going to be all there is....

Not to sound mean spirited...this could be a very inexpensive valuable lesson.....

Aladay LLC
Property Preservation
New Business Consultant
Custom Glass&Wood
Cleanupman is offline  
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-03-2013, 07:45 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Idaho
Posts: 62
Thanks: 31
Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
This is what I was going off of. At one point we discussed the difference between a sales clean and a maid service as far as how they where to be done (at this point he could have mentioned the price difference but didnt)

Also im sure if I dig deeper in my emails I can find the one where I was told a sales clean pays 120.00 so

No worries about hurting feeling here but I am super pissed at the fact I was doing 200+ mile drives for $27 and no one bothered to tell me
livinlife is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the REO Property Preservation Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome