Tired of the BS - REO Property Preservation Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-17-2013, 06:58 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 588
Thanks: 192
Thanked 255 Times in 114 Posts
Tired of the BS

I really have to say that I think it is time to start easing away from this business. After doing it for 5 years I am really getting tired of the BS and people trying to beat you down.
Bids to high, must justify: Sure my justification is that it is my bid.
Client doesn't want it done that way for mold: Ok then have somebody else get sued we are only going to do it the right way.
Grass cuts that size can't be bid that high: Ok then have some hack cut the 3ft grass.

Sorry for the rant, well let me go and take care of real customers that pay me when I am finished.
brm1109 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to brm1109 For This Useful Post:
Craigslist Hack (05-17-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-17-2013, 07:50 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 751
Thanks: 123
Thanked 504 Times in 253 Posts
I feel your pain. We are diversifying into other areas for this exact reason.

I almost walked away from our biggest customer a few weeks ago over new picture requirements. After I expressed how it was a deal breaker for me we came up with my picture requirements.
Gypsos is offline  
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-17-2013, 01:10 PM
Member
 
Contractor Services's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 46
Thanks: 27
Thanked 15 Times in 11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brm1109 View Post
I really have to say that I think it is time to start easing away from this business. After doing it for 5 years I am really getting tired of the BS and people trying to beat you down.
Bids to high, must justify: Sure my justification is that it is my bid.
Client doesn't want it done that way for mold: Ok then have somebody else get sued we are only going to do it the right way.
Grass cuts that size can't be bid that high: Ok then have some hack cut the 3ft grass.

Sorry for the rant, well let me go and take care of real customers that pay me when I am finished.
I feel your pain. I think all of us feel it actually. but please note I think good things are on the horizon. Property Preservation guild is making some big steps in the right direction!!!
Contractor Services is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-17-2013, 01:35 PM
Senior Member
 
BamaPPC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Alabama
Posts: 414
Thanks: 95
Thanked 283 Times in 133 Posts
This is my 5th year as well. I've been having high levels of stress lately. As high as they ever were when I was a corporate salesman, and that's saying something.

My emotional side has hope for the future. But my logical side says, yeah right. No one is going to force companies like SG to bend to the will of the contractor. Kline and his son-in-law Jaffa will close up shop, take the millions they have and move to Costa Rica (no extradition), and watch the huge %[email protected]# storm rage on without them.

I hope the PPI gets the regulation/oversight it needs. I hope the nationals and regionals are forced to recognize that the level of control they exert over us makes us employees. But, I'll believe it when I see it.
BamaPPC is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to BamaPPC For This Useful Post:
Contractor Services (05-17-2013)
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-17-2013, 03:50 PM
Business Consultant
 
Cleanupman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Silver Springs, Nevada
Posts: 1,380
Thanks: 322
Thanked 564 Times in 339 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaPPC View Post
This is my 5th year as well. I've been having high levels of stress lately. As high as they ever were when I was a corporate salesman, and that's saying something.

My emotional side has hope for the future. But my logical side says, yeah right. No one is going to force companies like SG to bend to the will of the contractor. Kline and his son-in-law Jaffa will close up shop, take the millions they have and move to Costa Rica (no extradition), and watch the huge %[email protected]# storm rage on without them.

I hope the PPI gets the regulation/oversight it needs. I hope the nationals and regionals are forced to recognize that the level of control they exert over us makes us employees. But, I'll believe it when I see it.
That day may be closer than you think....
Good to see a fellow NPPG member here also!!!!

Aladay LLC
Property Preservation
New Business Consultant
Custom Glass&Wood
Cleanupman is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Cleanupman For This Useful Post:
Craigslist Hack (05-17-2013)
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-17-2013, 04:59 PM
Low quality low cost
 
Craigslist Hack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Every city
Posts: 2,338
Thanks: 695
Thanked 1,687 Times in 846 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brm1109 View Post
I really have to say that I think it is time to start easing away from this business. After doing it for 5 years I am really getting tired of the BS and people trying to beat you down.
Bids to high, must justify: Sure my justification is that it is my bid.
Client doesn't want it done that way for mold: Ok then have somebody else get sued we are only going to do it the right way.
Grass cuts that size can't be bid that high: Ok then have some hack cut the 3ft grass.

Sorry for the rant, well let me go and take care of real customers that pay me when I am finished.
We must be having the exact same week!

I told them if I have to break our every bid by how many nails we used and how much fuel we put in the mower etc. that I am adding 25% to every order for doing their jobs for them.
Craigslist Hack is offline  
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-17-2013, 06:24 PM
Member
 
Contractor Services's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 46
Thanks: 27
Thanked 15 Times in 11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigslist Hack View Post
We must be having the exact same week!

I told them if I have to break our every bid by how many nails we used and how much fuel we put in the mower etc. that I am adding 25% to every order for doing their jobs for them.
I completely agree. I was asked to count how many light bulbs, and cover plates a property needs in my bid today before being approved.

I normally don't have an issue with doing something like that but the property needed a trash out and there is debri stacked literally to the ceiling in some spots! I really don't have time to move debri just to look and see if there is a missing electrical cover. A little common sense could go a long way with these Nationals.
Contractor Services is offline  
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-17-2013, 07:50 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: ohio
Posts: 568
Thanks: 137
Thanked 307 Times in 177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Contractor Services View Post
I completely agree. I was asked to count how many light bulbs, and cover plates a property needs in my bid today before being approved.

I normally don't have an issue with doing something like that but the property needed a trash out and there is debri stacked literally to the ceiling in some spots! I really don't have time to move debri just to look and see if there is a missing electrical cover. A little common sense could go a long way with these Nationals.
no such thing
hammerhead is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to hammerhead For This Useful Post:
BPWY (05-17-2013)
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-17-2013, 09:40 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 12
Thanks: 4
Thanked 17 Times in 5 Posts
I heard through a friend that SG is in a tizzy over the lack of performance from every aspect of the business. He told me that the latest conference call was the most brutal one he's ever heard. I think they are starting to worry becacuse the "quality" does not meet their expectations. Duh, if you keep piling on more stuff to do when keeping rates the same or even lowering them, what do you think is going to happen!
SkilledS2000 is offline  
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-17-2013, 11:45 PM
Member
 
Weisspropmaintenance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 59
Thanks: 29
Thanked 22 Times in 12 Posts
I was in the safeguard conference call today, and yes they say the quality is going down but when I went to the on site meeting with the contractors in the area I could look at the rigs parked around me and one "rig" was a s10 blazer with the back glass open and the push mower handle and battery powered trimmer hanging out of the back. Keep on hiring them classy craigslist "contractors"!!!!!!! My scorecard is at 94%.
Weisspropmaintenance is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the REO Property Preservation Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome