Nice way to piss off new client - REO Property Preservation Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-27-2013, 12:44 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 588
Thanks: 192
Thanked 255 Times in 114 Posts
Nice way to piss off new client

So we got a lot of extra grass cuts this year and decided to hire a few contractors, now I do not pay 20 per cut. Actually up to 5k is 25, upto to 10k is 32 and upto 15k is 40
Anyway send 2 orders for houses right next to each other which wr had done ourselves before. Contractor calls that the second address is wrong and not there. I explain it is right and is next door. Well going around with them that they looked at tax records and no such address I send them a photo of the house.
They go, oh ya we did see that house, no [email protected]$t. Well now they actually tell me it will cost extra to cut since they need to make an extra trip. Are you kidding me. Oh well back to cutting it ourselves.
brm1109 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-27-2013, 05:44 PM
Business Consultant
 
Cleanupman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Silver Springs, Nevada
Posts: 1,380
Thanks: 322
Thanked 564 Times in 339 Posts
Sounds like they need to go smoke another beer

Aladay LLC
Property Preservation
New Business Consultant
Custom Glass&Wood
Cleanupman is offline  
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-28-2013, 08:58 AM
Super Moderator
 
PropPresPro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Big Sky Country
Posts: 1,208
Thanks: 423
Thanked 929 Times in 465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleanupman View Post
Sounds like they need to go smoke another beer
Mmmm. . .beer

Iíve already told you more than I know.
PropPresPro is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-28-2013, 09:06 AM
Super Moderator
 
PropPresPro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Big Sky Country
Posts: 1,208
Thanks: 423
Thanked 929 Times in 465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brm1109 View Post
So we got a lot of extra grass cuts this year and decided to hire a few contractors, now I do not pay 20 per cut. Actually up to 5k is 25, upto to 10k is 32 and upto 15k is 40
Anyway send 2 orders for houses right next to each other which wr had done ourselves before. Contractor calls that the second address is wrong and not there. I explain it is right and is next door. Well going around with them that they looked at tax records and no such address I send them a photo of the house.
They go, oh ya we did see that house, no [email protected]$t. Well now they actually tell me it will cost extra to cut since they need to make an extra trip. Are you kidding me. Oh well back to cutting it ourselves.
Welcome to the world of subcontractors.

I had an initial secure last week that I sent to a vendor to complete. He claimed that the 16-18" high initial grass cut could not be completed due to the excessive amount of debris scattered throughout the yard. We submitted to our client and it was returned stating to move the debris & complete the cut. Called the vendor and he reaffirmed that the cut still could not be done.

I drove the 160 miles one way and moved a cookie sheet, basketball and a rock and my son jumped on the mower and cut the back & front in 25 minutes while I ran the string trimmer

Iíve already told you more than I know.

Last edited by PropPresPro; 05-28-2013 at 09:44 AM.
PropPresPro is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PropPresPro For This Useful Post:
mtmtnman (06-01-2013), Valley (05-28-2013)
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-28-2013, 10:56 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 751
Thanks: 123
Thanked 504 Times in 253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PropPresPro View Post
Welcome to the world of subcontractors.

I had an initial secure last week that I sent to a vendor to complete. He claimed that the 16-18" high initial grass cut could not be completed due to the excessive amount of debris scattered throughout the yard. We submitted to our client and it was returned stating to move the debris & complete the cut. Called the vendor and he reaffirmed that the cut still could not be done.

I drove the 160 miles one way and moved a cookie sheet, basketball and a rock and my son jumped on the mower and cut the back & front in 25 minutes while I ran the string trimmer

Idiot. The cookie sheet is money lying on the ground if it was metal.
Gypsos is offline  
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-28-2013, 11:53 AM
Super Moderator
 
GTX63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Your House Soon...Soon
Posts: 3,186
Thanks: 676
Thanked 2,249 Times in 1,094 Posts
Mmmm.....cookies.
GTX63 is offline  
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-31-2013, 09:59 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 256
Thanks: 0
Thanked 78 Times in 51 Posts
re

You can always tell a if a sub is going to work out after their first SNAFU and how they handle it. I had one about 2 years ago that was just starting out and called me to tell me there was a cut pipe so he couldn't get the wint to hold pressure. I told him "well we don't get paid if we cant blow the pipes". He said he was 20 miles from a hardware store to get a shark bite cap but he would figure it out. I look at his pics and he had taken his socks off and stuffed them in the pipe ends and duct taped it. I was impressed and he is still working for us.

He has since equipped himself a lot better
nurumkin is offline  
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-31-2013, 11:16 AM
Super Moderator
 
GTX63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Your House Soon...Soon
Posts: 3,186
Thanks: 676
Thanked 2,249 Times in 1,094 Posts
Can you invoice socks under materials @ 15%?
GTX63 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to GTX63 For This Useful Post:
STARBABY (05-31-2013)
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-31-2013, 08:23 PM
Super Moderator
 
PropPresPro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Big Sky Country
Posts: 1,208
Thanks: 423
Thanked 929 Times in 465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurumkin View Post
You can always tell a if a sub is going to work out after their first SNAFU and how they handle it. I had one about 2 years ago that was just starting out and called me to tell me there was a cut pipe so he couldn't get the wint to hold pressure. I told him "well we don't get paid if we cant blow the pipes". He said he was 20 miles from a hardware store to get a shark bite cap but he would figure it out. I look at his pics and he had taken his socks off and stuffed them in the pipe ends and duct taped it. I was impressed and he is still working for us.

He has since equipped himself a lot better
Please forward his contact information.

Iíve already told you more than I know.
PropPresPro is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to PropPresPro For This Useful Post:
mtmtnman (06-01-2013)
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-01-2013, 10:26 AM
Super Moderator
 
BPWY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: MT
Posts: 4,096
Thanks: 1,470
Thanked 774 Times in 468 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurumkin View Post
You can always tell a if a sub is going to work out after their first SNAFU and how they handle it. I had one about 2 years ago that was just starting out and called me to tell me there was a cut pipe so he couldn't get the wint to hold pressure. I told him "well we don't get paid if we cant blow the pipes". He said he was 20 miles from a hardware store to get a shark bite cap but he would figure it out. I look at his pics and he had taken his socks off and stuffed them in the pipe ends and duct taped it. I was impressed and he is still working for us.

He has since equipped himself a lot better



The guys that work for me are simply AMAZED and completely blown away by my farmer fixes that will allow us to finish the job and some times even the day.

I simply hate pulling up stakes in the middle of a job just to go get parts, unless its unavoidable.

And yeah, I've done some nonregulation plumbing fixes myself to avoid that 20 or 50 mile drive to the hardware store.

Professionals are people who can do their job when they don't feel like it.
Amateurs are people that can't do their job even when they do feel like it.
BPWY is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the REO Property Preservation Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome