Definition of "Getting High"? - REO Property Preservation Forum
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-12-2013, 11:22 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
BamaPPC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Alabama
Posts: 414
Thanks: 95
Thanked 283 Times in 133 Posts
Definition of "Getting High"?

We roll up on a post-sale property to complete the debris removal and all. While walking around the outside we see this:






So, we look closer:





Then realize what we're looking at and call the local LEO's.







They come and confiscate the plants. All the while, there are these guys watching us from an apartment complex behind this house. We even took their ladder that was hidden in the shrubbery.

Ahh, fun times.
BamaPPC is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BamaPPC For This Useful Post:
68W30 (06-12-2013), Valley (06-13-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-12-2013, 12:53 PM
Senior Member
 
thanohano44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,016
Thanks: 1,397
Thanked 289 Times in 168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaPPC View Post
We roll up on a post-sale property to complete the debris removal and all. While walking around the outside we see this:






So, we look closer:





Then realize what we're looking at and call the local LEO's.







They come and confiscate the plants. All the while, there are these guys watching us from an apartment complex behind this house. We even took their ladder that was hidden in the shrubbery.

Ahh, fun times.
Legalize it. Don't criticize it. Lol
thanohano44 is offline  
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-12-2013, 05:03 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
BamaPPC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Alabama
Posts: 414
Thanks: 95
Thanked 283 Times in 133 Posts
I know there's a big push going on all over the country, and I DO NOT want to start a whole big deal about it here, but, legalizing a drug that impairs your judgment, lessens ambition, and reduces your chance of advancement, doesn't seem to be the right thing to do.

I have been following the arguments from both sides in the news and some blogs. And as a former participant in consuming the product, I can speak from experience and a position of knowledge. There's no reason to try and argue that it's not dangerous/harmful. Or no more harmful than alcohol. That's like saying we should legalize murder because its the same as suicide.

The argument that alcohol is just as harmful is correct. Pot can be just as harmful. So, we regulate who can purchase alcohol, tax the crap out of it, and assess sever penalties on those that drive while under the influence.

Personally, I don't drink alcohol on any kind of regular basis, for the same reasons I think pot shouldn't be legalized. See above. I finished building a deck in my back yard this past weekend, I had two beers. That's the second time this year I have consumed alcohol. I'm no prude, I've been knee walking, commode hugging drunk on many occasions in my youth. Then I got married and started raising children. Drinking had to stop, I had bigger priorities.

I don't ever try to impose my sense of values on others. I'm a live and let live kinda person. And if pot was legalized, I'd have nothing to say about it.

I only offer my opinion here because I don't want anyone to misunderstand and think I condone drug use because I started the thread.
BamaPPC is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to BamaPPC For This Useful Post:
thanohano44 (06-13-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-12-2013, 06:07 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 751
Thanks: 123
Thanked 504 Times in 253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaPPC View Post
a drug that impairs your judgment, lessens ambition, and reduces your chance of advancement.
You sure your not describing our current administration welfare programs?
Gypsos is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gypsos For This Useful Post:
Contractor Services (06-12-2013), garylaps (06-13-2013)
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-12-2013, 06:11 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Treasure Coast of Florida
Posts: 67
Thanks: 1
Thanked 24 Times in 14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaPPC View Post
I know there's a big push going on all over the country, and I DO NOT want to start a whole big deal about it here, but, legalizing a drug that impairs your judgment, lessens ambition, and reduces your chance of advancement, doesn't seem to be the right thing to do.

alcohol does not do these things? It does far more and has been a killer for years but we as a country continue to allow it so why not weed.

I have been following the arguments from both sides in the news and some blogs. And as a former participant in consuming the product, I can speak from experience and a position of knowledge. There's no reason to try and argue that it's not dangerous/harmful. Or no more harmful than alcohol. That's like saying we should legalize murder because its the same as suicide.

How many people have been hurt or killed from smoking straight pot ( not laced with anything) vs. alcohol?

From what I have found is that people that act goofy from smoking pot are just like that in their normal unhigh life. I know people who smoke and are doctors, I know people who lead perfect lives but at any moment could be thrown in prison for life because of a few joints.

Yet, they can get drunk and destroy their lives and their families because of legal alcohol.

The argument that alcohol is just as harmful is correct. Pot can be just as harmful. So, we regulate who can purchase alcohol, tax the crap out of it, and assess sever penalties on those that drive while under the influence.

Why cant we do that with pot and maybe get out of this deficit and put some people to work from it? Driving under the influence of anything is already illegal so pot would be no different.

Personally, I don't drink alcohol on any kind of regular basis, for the same reasons I think pot shouldn't be legalized. See above. I finished building a deck in my back yard this past weekend, I had two beers. That's the second time this year I have consumed alcohol. I'm no prude, I've been knee walking, commode hugging drunk on many occasions in my youth. Then I got married and started raising children. Drinking had to stop, I had bigger priorities.

I don't ever try to impose my sense of values on others. I'm a live and let live kinda person. And if pot was legalized, I'd have nothing to say about it.

Same as I am. I do not smoke anything or drink any more. The same as you I grew up, got married and had two kids. So I am in no way fighting for me to smoke it. I just think that the prisons are overcrowded for petty pot convictions. We as a tax payers are paying for them when most were gainfully employed before.


I only offer my opinion here because I don't want anyone to misunderstand and think I condone drug use because I started the thread.
I do not condone it either but what someone does in the privacy of their own home is of no concern to me. Now if they get behind the wheel of a vehicle and drive then I take concern with that just as some one who is drunk.
dac1204 is offline  
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-12-2013, 07:12 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
BamaPPC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Alabama
Posts: 414
Thanks: 95
Thanked 283 Times in 133 Posts
Well, like I said, why make something that is harmful legal? If you're only argument is that something else that's just as harmful is legal. That won't fly.

And there is no way to tax pot. It can be grown anywhere, by anybody.
And there would be "garden patches" in everybody's back yard. Making alcohol in your basement is illegal. Growing pot in your backyard would then be illegal? Haven't solved the problem of prison overcrowding then.
BamaPPC is offline  
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-12-2013, 07:12 PM
Business Consultant
 
Cleanupman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Silver Springs, Nevada
Posts: 1,380
Thanks: 322
Thanked 564 Times in 339 Posts
What many do not know...Under the Jimmy carter administration marijuana was almost decriminalized and regulated...what stopped it you say??????????????????

testing....Because of the nature of THC they have not been able to develop a test that will show how loaded you are right this very minute...unless you have a bag of oreo double stuffs and gallon of milk in your lap....

Aladay LLC
Property Preservation
New Business Consultant
Custom Glass&Wood
Cleanupman is offline  
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-12-2013, 09:31 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 256
Thanks: 0
Thanked 78 Times in 51 Posts
re

A buddy of mine who has been in the business about 25 years once told me this story.

He rolls up to a house for an initial in a rural area and when he gets in he finds like 8 pot plants in a back room. Fully mature and healthy. He goes out to find a phone to call the police and the sheriff rolls up. He introduces himself and said the sheriff basically shook his hand handed him a business card and then practically bolted into the house. He grabbed the pot plants stuffed them into his trunk and speed off. My buddy sits there trying to figure out what just happened and then he looks at the business card and the work order.... Same name. ...
nurumkin is offline  
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-12-2013, 10:02 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Treasure Coast of Florida
Posts: 67
Thanks: 1
Thanked 24 Times in 14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaPPC View Post
Well, like I said, why make something that is harmful legal? If you're only argument is that something else that's just as harmful is legal. That won't fly.

And there is no way to tax pot. It can be grown anywhere, by anybody.
And there would be "garden patches" in everybody's back yard. Making alcohol in your basement is illegal. Growing pot in your backyard would then be illegal? Haven't solved the problem of prison overcrowding then.

How do they tax tobacco? How do they tax legal moonshine? How do they alcohol?

You tax pot the same way. If you want to grow it then you have to get a license, you want to sell it you get another license, you want to possess it then you get another license. You could even go so far as to have different classes inside those three examples. If you get caught with it and you have no license then you go to jail or a ticket depending.

The US has spent billions of dollars trying to prevent people from smoking pot. When they could be making billions of dollars. Do you think that if there was a license offered to you for say $100 a year and you possess up to 5 joints at a time, that people would not pay it? Liquor licenses for food places can be as high as $45000 in some locations and that is just to sell liquor and not beer, that would be another license. You could make these fees as high as you want or what the market would bare.

They can tax anything they want to. The reason they dont is because a lot of people would be out of jobs and the kick back money would stop rolling in.

My brother works as a TFO for the DEA. When they do these bust for pot (mostly from the Mexicans) His department gets a portion of the money that they seize and property. He brings in millions of dollars a year for his department.

Some say that is a good thing but the reality is that his department can not use that money for operating cost (paying deputies, vehicles, etc). So it doesnt help the budget at all.

His department just spent $100,000 on new firearms that they didnt need and they are currently sitting at the department. The money came from drug bust and they were going to lose it and the feds were going to get it.
dac1204 is offline  
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-12-2013, 10:07 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Treasure Coast of Florida
Posts: 67
Thanks: 1
Thanked 24 Times in 14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleanupman View Post
What many do not know...Under the Jimmy carter administration marijuana was almost decriminalized and regulated...what stopped it you say??????????????????

testing....Because of the nature of THC they have not been able to develop a test that will show how loaded you are right this very minute...unless you have a bag of oreo double stuffs and gallon of milk in your lap....


There have been great strides in testing today. I am not talking about anything lased,, just natural. The growers are wanting this done because then they can say "hey ours is the best". They are paying for it so they can hopefully get it all legal.

You all should watch Marijuana Inc on Natgeo. It really opens your eyes to what is really going on and its not just one sided.

I am not talking about making harder drugs legal although I think that people should be free to kill themselves if they want. But thats a whole nother thread.
dac1204 is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the REO Property Preservation Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome