VA work VRM or AMS MAAG? - REO Property Preservation Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-16-2013, 01:51 PM Thread Starter
Low quality low cost
 
Craigslist Hack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Every city
Posts: 2,338
Thanks: 695
Thanked 1,687 Times in 846 Posts
VA work VRM or AMS MAAG?

We were doing VRM work through AMS who is getting the work through MAAG. VRM has the contract so I naturally go direct. We do a couple of Properties for the $1,000.00 flat fee and routine time rolls around. I start looking through their packet and I notice no pricing for routines. I call my girl there and she informs me that routines are part of the $1,000.00 for initial services.

So for those of you keeping score at home here is what they want.

Initial grass cut
Trash out up to 40cyds
Sales clean
Hand rails
Bush trimming
Gutter cleaning

Then routine grass cuts and maid service for as long as the property is on the market.

All for 1,000.00 bucks.
Craigslist Hack is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-16-2013, 02:59 PM
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Southeast Wisconsin
Posts: 1,059
Thanks: 890
Thanked 1,208 Times in 536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigslist Hack View Post
We were doing VRM work through AMS who is getting the work through MAAG. VRM has the contract so I naturally go direct. We do a couple of Properties for the $1,000.00 flat fee and routine time rolls around. I start looking through their packet and I notice no pricing for routines. I call my girl there and she informs me that routines are part of the $1,000.00 for initial services.

So for those of you keeping score at home here is what they want.

Initial grass cut
Trash out up to 40cyds
Sales clean
Hand rails
Bush trimming
Gutter cleaning

Then routine grass cuts and maid service for as long as the property is on the market.

All for 1,000.00 bucks.
You forgot Smokes and CO detectors to code and boarding. You also must perform up to 4 wintz/dewintz for inspections as well.

Another clarification as well is, The routine services begin immediately after initial services. I have serviced VRM properties through MSI that were not listed for 4 to 5 months AFTER the intial was done. They don't tell you that.

This is a huge losing proposition.......



BRADSConst is offline  
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-16-2013, 07:14 PM Thread Starter
Low quality low cost
 
Craigslist Hack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Every city
Posts: 2,338
Thanks: 695
Thanked 1,687 Times in 846 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRADSConst View Post
You forgot Smokes and CO detectors to code and boarding. You also must perform up to 4 wintz/dewintz for inspections as well.

Another clarification as well is, The routine services begin immediately after initial services. I have serviced VRM properties through MSI that were not listed for 4 to 5 months AFTER the intial was done. They don't tell you that.

This is a huge losing proposition.......
This is insane. The worst I have seen so far and it's direct with the national not through AMS or MSI

I'm shaking my head.
Craigslist Hack is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-16-2013, 07:21 PM
tak
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 91
Thanks: 0
Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts
once I was told about EVERYTHING is INCLUDED for $1000. I was like WTF. Your responsible for everything for that property from initial services intill it sells all for 1k. Oh wait they will pay 70 percent upfront after your initial services are completed and passed BSO then you'll receive the other 30 % whenever the property sells...weeks later or years later........
tak is offline  
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-16-2013, 08:15 PM
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Southeast Wisconsin
Posts: 1,059
Thanks: 890
Thanked 1,208 Times in 536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigslist Hack View Post
This is insane. The worst I have seen so far and it's direct with the national not through AMS or MSI

I'm shaking my head.
It sure is a crazy world when the subbers pay out more than the company issuing the work .

I have it from a friend who "tried" VRM that it isn't working so good and when they tried to get out, VRM was at least willing to negotiate the flat fee. I should check back with her and see what came of it.

On a tangent, I will offer anyone a $1000 to mow my yard weekly, remove snow when needed in the winter, do a maid refresh on my house monthly, clean my gutters when dirty and haul off up to 40 CYD when my wife decides to clean out the basement. Any takers? You only have to do this until I decide to sell my house. Sounds insane doesn't it?



BRADSConst is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to BRADSConst For This Useful Post:
BPWY (08-19-2013)
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-16-2013, 11:05 PM
Member
 
Weisspropmaintenance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 59
Thanks: 29
Thanked 22 Times in 12 Posts
I inquired when VRM first got the VA contract and then I jumped through hoops to finally see what pay was and I seen how they are doing it and I said thank you for your time but I don't want any part in this I'm not in business to lose money and they tried giving me their line, "sir most properties only are active for 90 days or so" then sold and I know that not many houses around here are going to be going in 90 days and to this day they still call and e mail me about doing work for them. I decline every time
Weisspropmaintenance is offline  
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-17-2013, 06:18 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: ohio
Posts: 568
Thanks: 137
Thanked 307 Times in 177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weisspropmaintenance View Post
I inquired when VRM first got the VA contract and then I jumped through hoops to finally see what pay was and I seen how they are doing it and I said thank you for your time but I don't want any part in this I'm not in business to lose money and they tried giving me their line, "sir most properties only are active for 90 days or so" then sold and I know that not many houses around here are going to be going in 90 days and to this day they still call and e mail me about doing work for them. I decline every time
thanks for the warning. they just contacted me also.
hammerhead is offline  
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-17-2013, 08:32 AM Thread Starter
Low quality low cost
 
Craigslist Hack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Every city
Posts: 2,338
Thanks: 695
Thanked 1,687 Times in 846 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weisspropmaintenance View Post
I inquired when VRM first got the VA contract and then I jumped through hoops to finally see what pay was and I seen how they are doing it and I said thank you for your time but I don't want any part in this I'm not in business to lose money and they tried giving me their line, "sir most properties only are active for 90 days or so" then sold and I know that not many houses around here are going to be going in 90 days and to this day they still call and e mail me about doing work for them. I decline every time
They gave me that speech and they tried to tell me that several of these properties are cash for keys and some have no debris. I called my local VA broker and asked her is she had ever seen properties with a few CYDS of debris. Her response was "I rarely see one with only a few truckloads of debris"

Still shaking my head. I'm dumbfounded by this one.
Craigslist Hack is offline  
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-17-2013, 08:56 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 751
Thanks: 123
Thanked 504 Times in 253 Posts
I also talked to them months ago and am still waiting for them to call me to explain how this could possibly be profitable for me.
Gypsos is offline  
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-18-2013, 03:45 PM
Business Consultant
 
Cleanupman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Silver Springs, Nevada
Posts: 1,380
Thanks: 322
Thanked 564 Times in 339 Posts
Not to be rude...but this was fodder a while back and everyone pointed out the $1000 cradle to grave issues...
How did you miss that in their "field training"?
Everyone I spoke with said they were leery of that...

Aladay LLC
Property Preservation
New Business Consultant
Custom Glass&Wood
Cleanupman is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the REO Property Preservation Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome