Cyprexx Evictions - REO Property Preservation Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-20-2013, 12:56 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 751
Thanks: 123
Thanked 504 Times in 253 Posts
Cyprexx Evictions

So we did this nasty eviction yesterday. Lady fought it right up to when the deputy showed her the handcuffs. Then animal control had to step in an catch the 11 cats in the house before we could start. Today we return to haul off what is left at the curb.

We got the TO work order this morning so I call the coordinator to let them know the realtor wants to place a hold so she can get an exterminator in the house to kill the fleas before we start.

I was told that because the work order for initial services came through before we were scheduled to haul away the remaining debris at the curb that it is now part of the flat rate for the initials.

Yeah right... I told her if we do not get paid for the debris removal today this will be the last eviction we do for her.

Anyone else heard of this "new" rule?
Gypsos is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-20-2013, 02:38 PM
Super Moderator
 
GTX63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Your House Soon...Soon
Posts: 3,186
Thanks: 676
Thanked 2,249 Times in 1,094 Posts
I know some companies like safeguard like to pay $20 or so per guy per hour for the eviction. We used to take a beating by companies like that because the sheriff may or may not choose to proceed and then I had crews tied up for a half day minimum out of pocket.
We now charge a flat rate to show up and I inform our clients up front. X amount is guaranteed and then we go from there. Regionals will tell you they don't do business like that, until the day before the set out and they still don't have anyone.
GTX63 is offline  
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-20-2013, 03:06 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 751
Thanks: 123
Thanked 504 Times in 253 Posts
I have discovered that this is the norm. In the past there has been a couple weeks between the eviction and the initials so they pay for the debris removal.

Looks like we will not be doing any more evictions. My guys said they would rather mow grass because it pays more. Lots less drama too.
Gypsos is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-20-2013, 05:15 PM
Senior Member
 
STARBABY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: kentucky
Posts: 681
Thanks: 582
Thanked 197 Times in 137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTX63 View Post
I know some companies like safeguard like to pay $20 or so per guy per hour for the eviction. We used to take a beating by companies like that because the sheriff may or may not choose to proceed and then I had crews tied up for a half day minimum out of pocket.
We now charge a flat rate to show up and I inform our clients up front. X amount is guaranteed and then we go from there. Regionals will tell you they don't do business like that, until the day before the set out and they still don't have anyone.
I stopped doing eviction a couple years ago ,because they were a money loser for me. Lost money on more than I made.
STARBABY is offline  
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-20-2013, 05:16 PM
Senior Member
 
STARBABY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: kentucky
Posts: 681
Thanks: 582
Thanked 197 Times in 137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by STARBABY View Post
I stopped doing eviction a couple years ago ,because they were a money loser for me. Lost money on more than I made.
I pay my guys bye the day
STARBABY is offline  
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-20-2013, 09:14 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 59
Thanks: 3
Thanked 23 Times in 18 Posts
evictions are always losers for anyone, not to mention you could get shot in the process. I even used to go by as soon as I got the wo and tell the homeowner whats up so maybe they would just move out and save the embarassment.
REOmadness is offline  
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-20-2013, 09:50 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 751
Thanks: 123
Thanked 504 Times in 253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by REOmadness View Post
evictions are always losers for anyone, not to mention you could get shot in the process. I even used to go by as soon as I got the wo and tell the homeowner whats up so maybe they would just move out and save the embarassment.
Should have seen the excitement when we found the loaded .38 revolver under the couch. The deputy ran the serial number from the property and told me it had been reported stolen in 1974.
Gypsos is offline  
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-23-2013, 01:13 AM
How I wanna be a PP Pro
 
Wannabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 1,103
Thanks: 232
Thanked 1,277 Times in 562 Posts
Loved evictions. $50/hr per man with a 4 hr minimum charge. Trip charge for any eviction over 50mile trip @ .50/mile PER vehicle. Trip time was chargeable hourly per man. Motel fee if over 2 hr trip when scheduled eviction start was before 9am.

This charge was also for the 2nd day return to remove curb debris following eviction.

That is CHEAP compared to fulltime registered eviction crews who started their minimums at $2000
Wannabe is offline  
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-23-2013, 07:00 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 59
Thanks: 3
Thanked 23 Times in 18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabe View Post
Loved evictions. $50/hr per man with a 4 hr minimum charge. Trip charge for any eviction over 50mile trip @ .50/mile PER vehicle. Trip time was chargeable hourly per man. Motel fee if over 2 hr trip when scheduled eviction start was before 9am.

This charge was also for the 2nd day return to remove curb debris following eviction.

That is CHEAP compared to fulltime registered eviction crews who started their minimums at $2000
that must have been way before my time. I hate evictions.
REOmadness is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the REO Property Preservation Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome