Homestar Properties - REO Property Preservation Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-23-2013, 08:51 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Exclamation Homestar Properties

I just wanted to give everyone a 'heads up' on this company. I did work for them for approx. 1 year. Payments were typically received within 25 days, with terms of net 20. Not too bad. But then payments weren't coming within 30 days, then 45 days, and only then when I made daily calls. It got to a point where I was owed over $4100. To make a long story short, I had to hire an attorney to notify the homeowners that I intended to place a lein on the property for work performed. It still took a month to get paid. I noticed on later contracts sent that they had changed their terms to net 30. All in all, I was out wages paid to others, materials, and attorney fees for over 150 days. I suggest you do NOT accept jobs from this company.
kenbruce8 is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kenbruce8 For This Useful Post:
JDRM (11-23-2013), Racerx (11-25-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-23-2013, 07:35 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 27
Thanks: 4
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
I had the same problems with michigan realty solutions.
Stay far far away from them
Mason0127 is offline  
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-25-2013, 01:02 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Packer Nation
Posts: 231
Thanks: 173
Thanked 117 Times in 63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenbruce8 View Post
I just wanted to give everyone a 'heads up' on this company. I did work for them for approx. 1 year. Payments were typically received within 25 days, with terms of net 20. Not too bad. But then payments weren't coming within 30 days, then 45 days, and only then when I made daily calls. It got to a point where I was owed over $4100. To make a long story short, I had to hire an attorney to notify the homeowners that I intended to place a lein on the property for work performed. It still took a month to get paid. I noticed on later contracts sent that they had changed their terms to net 30. All in all, I was out wages paid to others, materials, and attorney fees for over 150 days. I suggest you do NOT accept jobs from this company.
Thanks for the heads up!, I just started working for them last week and it's been one "cluster F****k after another 100% on their end, everything from continiously asking us to travel an hour outside of our coverage area to not having the right info to complete their jobs when we finally agree to do so..you just confirmed my decsion to tell them this morning I'm no longer interested in their work...
Racerx is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-05-2013, 08:47 AM
Business Consultant
 
Cleanupman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Silver Springs, Nevada
Posts: 1,380
Thanks: 322
Thanked 564 Times in 339 Posts
When any company starts having financial issues things usually go downhill pretty fast....
I'm hearing many complaints about this company...

Aladay LLC
Property Preservation
New Business Consultant
Custom Glass&Wood
Cleanupman is offline  
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-05-2013, 12:57 PM
Super Moderator
 
PropPresPro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Big Sky Country
Posts: 1,211
Thanks: 423
Thanked 929 Times in 465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleanupman View Post
When any company starts having financial issues things usually go downhill pretty fast....
I'm hearing many complaints about this company...
Is SG having financial issues?

Iíve already told you more than I know.
PropPresPro is offline  
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-05-2013, 10:30 PM
Senior Member
 
Zuse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: SOUTH/SOUTH EAST/ COASTAL OUTER BANKS
Posts: 688
Thanks: 1
Thanked 470 Times in 244 Posts
I did 4 jobs for BrokenStar, their subbing from SG, the agreement i signed was for 21 days after review of work and a check would be cut.

60 days went by with no check, lucky for me they all were up for sale.I called the brokers and told them i was putting liens on them, they call the banks direct and told them what was going on. That's when the poop hit the fan, Bank called SG, they call BrokenStar, they called me.

My check was UPS next day air. SG is screwing with their money, their getting hit with many charge backs because they got a bunch of clowns doing their work. 3 of the jobs i did was fixes from other contractors.
Zuse is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zuse For This Useful Post:
GTX63 (12-06-2013), thanohano44 (12-05-2013)
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-05-2013, 10:38 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,403
Thanks: 1,518
Thanked 533 Times in 287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PropPresPro View Post
Is SG having financial issues?

One can only hope............................
mtmtnman is offline  
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-05-2013, 11:54 PM
Senior Member
 
thanohano44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,016
Thanks: 1,397
Thanked 289 Times in 168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuse View Post
I did 4 jobs for BrokenStar, their subbing from SG, the agreement i signed was for 21 days after review of work and a check would be cut.

60 days went by with no check, lucky for me they all were up for sale.I called the brokers and told them i was putting liens on them, they call the banks direct and told them what was going on. That's when the poop hit the fan, Bank called SG, they call BrokenStar, they called me.

My check was UPS next day air. SG is screwing with their money, their getting hit with many charge backs because they got a bunch of clowns doing their work. 3 of the jobs i did was fixes from other contractors.
Heard HomeStar was doing half azzzed hack shat. When a contractor would correct them, they'd tell them not to worry about it. These contractors claim they have it all on email. What a sick joke.

I pray nobody dies or gets sick from their half azzzed remediation jobs by unqualified idiots.
thanohano44 is offline  
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-06-2013, 09:26 AM
Senior Member
 
BamaPPC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Alabama
Posts: 414
Thanks: 95
Thanked 283 Times in 133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PropPresPro View Post
Is SG having financial issues?
The only financial issues SG has - is where to put all the money they have. And how do they squeeze more out of the BOTG.
BamaPPC is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BamaPPC For This Useful Post:
notanymore (12-07-2013), thanohano44 (12-07-2013)
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the REO Property Preservation Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome