Time Management vs. Compensation for time - REO Property Preservation Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-05-2013, 06:46 PM Thread Starter
Low quality low cost
 
Craigslist Hack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Every city
Posts: 2,338
Thanks: 695
Thanked 1,687 Times in 846 Posts
Time Management vs. Compensation for time

We have been slow in the field yet we are still receiving multiple calls and emails each day with one particular national. They are requiring a cost estimator for any bid over their standard rate or over the allowable. They are also requiring everything to be bid out two or three ways.

Example: Go to property and supply 2nd bid for roof 14 sq.

You go take the pics and bid out the entire roof plus any debris and damages at the property. The ceiling is messed up from the roof leaks so you bid the drywall and repairs needed. This takes roughly an hour. Then the order is put on hold because they want a Cost Estimator even though the work order did not specify that one was required.

So the $35.00 order pays out as follows.

Gas to property 90mins from office $40.00
Time spent processing $10.00 an hour
Cost for Cost Estimator $10.00

I'm currently $25.00 in the hole for a job I don't even want to do. We don't replace roofs in the middle of nowhere unless we can hit a home run. I have a conference call with the bosses scheduled for Monday and I believe Monday may in fact be our last day.
Craigslist Hack is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Craigslist Hack For This Useful Post:
thanohano44 (12-05-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-05-2013, 07:59 PM
Senior Member
 
STARBABY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: kentucky
Posts: 681
Thanks: 582
Thanked 197 Times in 137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigslist Hack View Post
We have been slow in the field yet we are still receiving multiple calls and emails each day with one particular national. They are requiring a cost estimator for any bid over their standard rate or over the allowable. They are also requiring everything to be bid out two or three ways.

Example: Go to property and supply 2nd bid for roof 14 sq.

You go take the pics and bid out the entire roof plus any debris and damages at the property. The ceiling is messed up from the roof leaks so you bid the drywall and repairs needed. This takes roughly an hour. Then the order is put on hold because they want a Cost Estimator even though the work order did not specify that one was required.

So the $35.00 order pays out as follows.

Gas to property 90mins from office $40.00
Time spent processing $10.00 an hour
Cost for Cost Estimator $10.00

I'm currently $25.00 in the hole for a job I don't even want to do. We don't replace roofs in the middle of nowhere unless we can hit a home run. I have a conference call with the bosses scheduled for Monday and I believe Monday may in fact be our last day.
sounds like 5 Brothers or NFR!
STARBABY is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to STARBABY For This Useful Post:
thanohano44 (12-05-2013)
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-05-2013, 08:07 PM Thread Starter
Low quality low cost
 
Craigslist Hack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Every city
Posts: 2,338
Thanks: 695
Thanked 1,687 Times in 846 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by STARBABY View Post
sounds like 5 Brothers or NFR!
Neither of those. We told both of those companies to take a hike a while back.

MSI called today and asked why we left the network and what it would take to get us to come back. I explained that they would have to pay us in 30 days, let us bid every job before we performed the work, and we don't accept package deals. Apparently they don't have what I want on the menu.
Craigslist Hack is offline  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Craigslist Hack For This Useful Post:
browneyedgirl (12-16-2013), mtmtnman (12-05-2013), STARBABY (12-06-2013), thanohano44 (12-05-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-05-2013, 09:56 PM
Senior Member
 
Zuse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: SOUTH/SOUTH EAST/ COASTAL OUTER BANKS
Posts: 688
Thanks: 1
Thanked 470 Times in 244 Posts
Lps...
Zuse is offline  
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-06-2013, 05:02 AM Thread Starter
Low quality low cost
 
Craigslist Hack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Every city
Posts: 2,338
Thanks: 695
Thanked 1,687 Times in 846 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuse View Post
Lps...
How is this new pricing and guidelines working out for you and your office?

I know there is serious kickback from the contractors just from what the people there are telling me. We are also experiencing high kickbacks on orders due to the offshore team. Only two months ago we had good status. Now we are no where near gold.
Craigslist Hack is offline  
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-06-2013, 09:16 AM
Senior Member
 
Zuse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: SOUTH/SOUTH EAST/ COASTAL OUTER BANKS
Posts: 688
Thanks: 1
Thanked 470 Times in 244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigslist Hack View Post
How is this new pricing and guidelines working out for you and your office?

I know there is serious kickback from the contractors just from what the people there are telling me. We are also experiencing high kickbacks on orders due to the offshore team. Only two months ago we had good status. Now we are no where near gold.

The prices are a Goat f**k, they are a reflection of the CE. The whole purpose of doing away with penalty dept is to move as many contractors to a 25% discount, which they've done. Even if your good you still stay at 25% rate, no way around it.

Im finding it better to the work threw the cut bid dept than i am threw the standard P&P office, No CE threw them is why.

Remember a CE delay is pushing back the pay to almost 45 days instead of the 30.The new system is so screwed up their asking me for CE's on work that Ive never done, work from other contractors. Its a mess.

Now that NFR has WF im doing twice as much for them as i was for LPS, one thing about NFR is their CE is in-house so you never have to submit one, and if you don't like the prices you can send it back.

I don't think im going to stay with LPS much longer.
Zuse is offline  
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-06-2013, 11:49 AM Thread Starter
Low quality low cost
 
Craigslist Hack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Every city
Posts: 2,338
Thanks: 695
Thanked 1,687 Times in 846 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuse View Post
The prices are a Goat f**k, they are a reflection of the CE. The whole purpose of doing away with penalty dept is to move as many contractors to a 25% discount, which they've done. Even if your good you still stay at 25% rate, no way around it.

Im finding it better to the work threw the cut bid dept than i am threw the standard P&P office, No CE threw them is why.

Remember a CE delay is pushing back the pay to almost 45 days instead of the 30.The new system is so screwed up their asking me for CE's on work that Ive never done, work from other contractors. Its a mess.

Now that NFR has WF im doing twice as much for them as i was for LPS, one thing about NFR is their CE is in-house so you never have to submit one, and if you don't like the prices you can send it back.

I don't think im going to stay with LPS much longer.
Thank you for the feedback. I value your opinion and it's good to feel justified in my frustrations. I don't want to just be a national hater I would really like to find a solution but at this time it's not working out.

We just did a cut bid for Tim and it went smooth but now that order is held up for a missing CE. Keep in mind it was a cut bid but apparently we bid something over an allowable and did not provide a CE. I called my liaison to resolve this and he cannot identify what bid they are requesting or who is requesting it. He can only tell me it was returned by the offshore team. Now my contractor who needs the money is going to have to wait longer for his payout or like usual I will pay him out of my pocket and wait.
Craigslist Hack is offline  
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-09-2013, 07:27 PM
Senior Member
 
BamaPPC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Alabama
Posts: 414
Thanks: 95
Thanked 283 Times in 133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigslist Hack View Post
. I have a conference call with the bosses scheduled for Monday and I believe Monday may in fact be our last day.
Well, how did the call go? Any resolution?
BamaPPC is offline  
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-09-2013, 09:02 PM Thread Starter
Low quality low cost
 
Craigslist Hack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Every city
Posts: 2,338
Thanks: 695
Thanked 1,687 Times in 846 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaPPC View Post
Well, how did the call go? Any resolution?
The overall tone of the call was good and they say they are trying to institute client driven initiatives. Our Manager there is a good guy and he did a site visit with us last year I really liked him.

We are going to email him specific instances of mindless mistakes by their processors. He wants specifics so he can go after the individuals responsible.

He did inform me that as a company they are looking to move away from regionals and order mills. I thought that was good news.

The bad news is this cost estimator thing seems to be here to stay.
Craigslist Hack is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Craigslist Hack For This Useful Post:
thanohano44 (12-10-2013)
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-13-2013, 02:11 PM
Business Consultant
 
Cleanupman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Silver Springs, Nevada
Posts: 1,380
Thanks: 322
Thanked 564 Times in 339 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigslist Hack View Post
The overall tone of the call was good and they say they are trying to institute client driven initiatives. Our Manager there is a good guy and he did a site visit with us last year I really liked him.

We are going to email him specific instances of mindless mistakes by their processors. He wants specifics so he can go after the individuals responsible.

He did inform me that as a company they are looking to move away from regionals and order mills. I thought that was good news.

The bad news is this cost estimator thing seems to be here to stay.
We have been successfully able to argue the CE does not take into account for our logistics...
BEWARE...if you use this to negotiate with you better be ready to back it up...
We have been able to show that many times the CE does not account for 65 miles one way to pick up materials or have them delivered.
If the CE is not working for your business model then you may want to start documenting things a little closer so you can spit it out when negotiating....

Aladay LLC
Property Preservation
New Business Consultant
Custom Glass&Wood
Cleanupman is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the REO Property Preservation Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome