stupid NFN Inspections - REO Property Preservation Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-01-2014, 01:03 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 23
Thanks: 2
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
stupid NFN Inspections

Is anyone else fed up with the inspections for NFN ? They are asking for complete walk thrus on the vacant homes, hounding the owners of these properties. If a house is occ they still want you to walk in the back yard and take photos ... They take for ever to upload . In the last 3 days I've been in the field 2 days driving to all these properties , and spent one day in the office uploading 25 inspections to their site. I think I've made 200. doing these , but 3 days worth of work .......
has anyone had luck just doing PP for them ? Inspections are killing my bottom line.
thanks in advance
MYMONEY1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-01-2014, 03:59 PM
Senior Member
 
Zuse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: SOUTH/SOUTH EAST/ COASTAL OUTER BANKS
Posts: 688
Thanks: 1
Thanked 470 Times in 244 Posts
You can ask this guy why they want you to harass home owners.

http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Natio...0XOMQ83-J69641
Zuse is offline  
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-01-2014, 06:17 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 666
Thanks: 124
Thanked 336 Times in 182 Posts
You will never make any money, at $4-5 and inspection

you could panhandle better money than that. You know in a day and a half I just went and did 30+ maid services @ $30 and that really didn't pay. It costs $4 in transport cost per, your transport cost is probably close, what does that leave you?
Ohnojim is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-01-2014, 07:30 PM
Super Moderator
 
GTX63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Your House Soon...Soon
Posts: 3,186
Thanks: 676
Thanked 2,249 Times in 1,094 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MYMONEY1 View Post
If a house is occ they still want you to walk in the back yard and take photos ...
What sort of photos do they require while you have a Remington 870 stuck between your shoulder blades?
At least the postman gets paid for getting bit by the dog.
GTX63 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to GTX63 For This Useful Post:
BPWY (01-02-2014)
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-01-2014, 09:33 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 17
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
There is no money in inspections...I'm in S. Florida .....my friend has a bunch of NFN and others...after all the driving....gas ....car maintenance....and hours on computer....it is slave work...they have guys in Miami that are doing these for 2.50...it's incredible....
Wpb REO is offline  
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-01-2014, 09:43 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 49
Thanks: 18
Thanked 44 Times in 19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MYMONEY1 View Post
If a house is occ they still want you to walk in the back yard and take photos .
That's a slippery slope there partner. I'm sure laws vary state to state, and within that, contracts are written with different stipulations. In my area, the golden rule is you DO NOT set foot on property that could be perceived as having a reasonable expectation of privacy. Let alone take pictures. I don't care what the contract says.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTX63 View Post
What sort of photos do they require while you have a Remington 870 stuck between your shoulder blades?
That's if you're lucky. I think it's fair to say you don't know for sure what types of people you're dealing with. For instance say someone had just been a victim of a crime at their home, then they see someone traipsing around in the back yard, you might not even hear the "bang".
RServant is offline  
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-01-2014, 10:07 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 157
Thanks: 1
Thanked 52 Times in 33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MYMONEY1 View Post
Is anyone else fed up with the inspections for NFN ? They are asking for complete walk thrus on the vacant homes, hounding the owners of these properties. If a house is occ they still want you to walk in the back yard and take photos ... They take for ever to upload . In the last 3 days I've been in the field 2 days driving to all these properties , and spent one day in the office uploading 25 inspections to their site. I think I've made 200. doing these , but 3 days worth of work .......
has anyone had luck just doing PP for them ? Inspections are killing my bottom line.
thanks in advance
I do inspections only, and make out pretty good. But I dont think Ive ever had an inspection that required me to take a rear photo when the property is occupied. Seems rather absurd. The one thing Ive noticed with inspections is that the further down the chain your source of work is, the more ridiculous the picture requirements get. Something tells me that photo may not be required by NFN, and just may be a requirement added by a middleman.

But in the case it is a requirement, I would simply tell them you dont feel safe going on people's property unannounced. In the field I would door knock and get the occupants permission to go onto the property. If they deny me access. I leave, document what occurred, and off to the next one.
Trey9007 is offline  
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-02-2014, 11:14 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 157
Thanks: 1
Thanked 52 Times in 33 Posts
I was looking through some old emails today and found an email regarding NFN 3 attempt inspections. This sounds like the inspections you are referring to. If so, my email states rear photo is not required if property is occupied. This was back when I was pulling work from a sub of a sub, and there was still no requirement for a rear photo. Granted the email is almost a year old, but I really dont think that rear photo is required. Also, you may want to look into getting an account with inspectorade. IME, many companies websites are crap. Much better to use sites like inspectorade, TOS, ezinspections, etc.... Ive been pretty lucky in that all of my current vendors have pretty good methods of uploading work. All but 1 have mobile apps. Makes life pretty easy.

heres the email:

Quote:
NFN is issuing a new type of inspection – a 3 attempt inspection.

The memo is attached, and you need to read it to ensure you perform the inspection properly. I’ve also provided a sample form with how to find the required information for the inspection. You MUST fill out and photo the form.

It is imperative you follow these steps:
1. Have the date set correctly on your camera (needed to confirm visit photos) – DO NOT DATE STAMP PHOTOS!
2. Fill out the entire form, photo it well, and upload into photos, or scan into documents as PDF
a. The heading at the top must be filled out completely. I’ve attached a sample of where to find the information.
b. The dates and TIMES of the visits must be documented on the form, and there must be photos which correspond to EACH visit.
c. These must be completed by the due dates – there are no do-overs, so you must get it correct before you submit

I suggest you try your first attempt on Saturday morning, when most people are home. The inspection pays $20, so if you get it done on the first attempt, it pays very well. One of your next 2 inspections, if you did not find someone home, needs to be after 5pm. Inspections can be done 8am through dusk / 9pm, whichever comes earliest – pictures cannot be taken when dark.

You MUST get the required photos. If the property is occupied, you do not need a rear view photo, but it must be OBVIOUSLY occupied (ie leaves raked doesn’t cut it). If you are not sure, get the meter/spigot if someone does not answer on your first visit. If vacant, you need pics of all sides of the house as normal.
BTW, this email is almost word for word with what is stated in the memo directly from NFN. The NFN memo even states "We require all inspectors to follow the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), link provided
http://www.ftc.gov/os/statutes/fdcpa/fdcpact.shtm"

good luck!
Trey9007 is offline  
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-02-2014, 02:52 PM
Low quality low cost
 
Craigslist Hack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Every city
Posts: 2,338
Thanks: 695
Thanked 1,687 Times in 846 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey9007 View Post
I do inspections only, and make out pretty good. But I dont think Ive ever had an inspection that required me to take a rear photo when the property is occupied. Seems rather absurd. The one thing Ive noticed with inspections is that the further down the chain your source of work is, the more ridiculous the picture requirements get. Something tells me that photo may not be required by NFN, and just may be a requirement added by a middleman.

But in the case it is a requirement, I would simply tell them you dont feel safe going on people's property unannounced. In the field I would door knock and get the occupants permission to go onto the property. If they deny me access. I leave, document what occurred, and off to the next one.
What do you consider pretty good?

Everyone is different I suppose but if I don't make $300.00 a day NET it's not worth leaving the house. That's as cheap as I can work I prefer to be much higher than that.

I used to do $50.00 inspections and couldn't make any money. Our area is very rural and the travel time combined with the computer time killed us.
Craigslist Hack is offline  
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-02-2014, 05:59 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 157
Thanks: 1
Thanked 52 Times in 33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigslist Hack View Post
What do you consider pretty good?

Everyone is different I suppose but if I don't make $300.00 a day NET it's not worth leaving the house. That's as cheap as I can work I prefer to be much higher than that.

I used to do $50.00 inspections and couldn't make any money. Our area is very rural and the travel time combined with the computer time killed us.
Looking at my route sheets it shows, computer time and lunch break included. Day 1 $238 $20 gas 6.5 hrs. Day 2 $184, $12 gas, 5.5 hrs. Day 3 $235 $15 gas 5.5 hours. Day 4 $178 $20 gas 6 hours. My gas and time calcuations are not an exact science. I just try to put the hand back to where it was when I started and document the cost. Sometimes I over or under shoot it. At times I get it right on. And I have been known to take care of other business while Im working. I mark the time I leave the house and the time I return.

Due to mobile apps, computer time is really a thing of the past. The computer time I have now is mostly by choice. Certain inspections and clients I just feel more comfortable using a camera vs mobile app. With the apps, you simply do all your inspections, come home hit a button to upload everything, and your done. Takes a few seconds. Using the apps in the field probably adds 2 mins max to the inspection. The exception being walk thru inspections.
Trey9007 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the REO Property Preservation Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome