Anyone else have issues with scorecard? (Safeguard) - REO Property Preservation Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-12-2014, 10:57 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Anyone else have issues with scorecard? (Safeguard)

I work for a (now former) top 20 vendor doing estimates and repairs. This winter we have gotten a lot of repair orders that we haven't been able to complete, either due to weather, the houses being condemned, or insurance scopes being wrong. For example, we've gotten some orders to paint the exterior of houses, and repair concrete sidewalks, which could not be done due to temperatures well below freezing. We have made Safeguard aware of these issues, but these orders still dragged down our scorecard and led to us being "demoted" out of top 20 and capped. I'm wondering if anyone else has run into issues like this, and how they dealt with it. Our regional just threw us under the bus because of these repairs, even though we have e-mailed her many times, and provided statuses repeatedly. It's getting to be a very frustrating situation where it seems no matter what we do, we can't get ahead.
cleverfield is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-12-2014, 11:19 PM
How I wanna be a PP Pro
 
Wannabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 1,103
Thanks: 232
Thanked 1,277 Times in 562 Posts
Another SNAFU.

Another reason workmanship sucks! A few years ago a jacka** was painting a house exterior in 20 degree weather. Slapping that "glue" on the best he could He said (and showed) the work order telling him he had 5 days to paint home or be backcharged for someone else to complete it so he said WTH and was painting... Loved watching that paint fall off over the next 2 winter months.
Wannabe is offline  
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-13-2014, 01:38 AM
Senior Member
 
BamaPPC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Alabama
Posts: 414
Thanks: 95
Thanked 283 Times in 133 Posts
Ain't no telling how many times I've told SG - "This is stupid." And been told to - "Do it anyways."

Lost two whole house sets (13 windows) of windows. Told them it was high vandal..twice. we install, 2 weeks later they are gone.

Replaced a large bay window glass (68 x 72), 1 sheet of glass, three times before they got the message: The kid across the street has a pellet gun.
BamaPPC is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-13-2014, 01:13 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: ohio
Posts: 568
Thanks: 137
Thanked 307 Times in 177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaPPC View Post
Ain't no telling how many times I've told SG - "This is stupid." And been told to - "Do it anyways."

Lost two whole house sets (13 windows) of windows. Told them it was high vandal..twice. we install, 2 weeks later they are gone.

Replaced a large bay window glass (68 x 72), 1 sheet of glass, three times before they got the message: The kid across the street has a pellet gun.
the new window coverings they want should solve that.
hammerhead is offline  
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-13-2014, 01:23 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 32
Thanks: 11
Thanked 15 Times in 8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleverfield View Post
I work for a (now former) top 20 vendor doing estimates and repairs. This winter we have gotten a lot of repair orders that we haven't been able to complete, either due to weather, the houses being condemned, or insurance scopes being wrong. For example, we've gotten some orders to paint the exterior of houses, and repair concrete sidewalks, which could not be done due to temperatures well below freezing. We have made Safeguard aware of these issues, but these orders still dragged down our scorecard and led to us being "demoted" out of top 20 and capped. I'm wondering if anyone else has run into issues like this, and how they dealt with it. Our regional just threw us under the bus because of these repairs, even though we have e-mailed her many times, and provided statuses repeatedly. It's getting to be a very frustrating situation where it seems no matter what we do, we can't get ahead.
Scorecard means nothing for Safegaurd. You are but a number and the scorecard is nothing but a Head game to trick you into thinking you have something to loose. Always remember, You are never guaranteed work, You will eventually get crapped on by them, and if need be you will be thrown under bus and they dont care. You are replace able to them.

I would forget score card and try and make profit on each job you do. Be a contractor not an employee, reject jobs that dont make profit, regardless of their threats. Your a business and businesses make money.
westcoast Man is offline  
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-13-2014, 02:33 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoast Man View Post
Scorecard means nothing for Safegaurd. You are but a number and the scorecard is nothing but a Head game to trick you into thinking you have something to loose. Always remember, You are never guaranteed work, You will eventually get crapped on by them, and if need be you will be thrown under bus and they dont care. You are replace able to them.

I would forget score card and try and make profit on each job you do. Be a contractor not an employee, reject jobs that dont make profit, regardless of their threats. Your a business and businesses make money.
You're wrong. In the top 20, scorecard is everything. If you don't keep your numbers above 80 percent, you get capped and demoted.
cleverfield is offline  
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-13-2014, 03:02 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 129
Thanks: 1
Thanked 34 Times in 23 Posts
Some day a contractor is going to walk into one of these companies and go postal. It is only a matter of time
allure9121 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to allure9121 For This Useful Post:
mtmtnman (02-14-2014)
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-13-2014, 04:44 PM
Senior Member
 
ezdayman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: merica...
Posts: 301
Thanks: 32
Thanked 119 Times in 72 Posts
Yup i see it everyday.. we have been doing it for 5 plus years.. never a dewint/wint problem arebso score is 4.0 brokers love us but some how our score card is 92% 93% refreshs you have 5 days.. were never late on a refresh but some how were at 94% but here is the kicker! we do good work. no damages to the home etc.. they have another vendor that destroys homes.. bad wints, leaky dewint, homes look like **** inside missing most hazards but for some odd reason he is the one getting all the work latley.. thats why i know there fannie mae inspections are b/s cause his homes sux.. brokers call saying oh we failed him 4 times cause there work is trash.. but s/g loves him.. i dont get it!
ezdayman is offline  
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-13-2014, 06:39 PM
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Southeast Wisconsin
Posts: 1,059
Thanks: 890
Thanked 1,208 Times in 536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezdayman View Post
Yup i see it everyday.. we have been doing it for 5 plus years.. never a dewint/wint problem arebso score is 4.0 brokers love us but some how our score card is 92% 93% refreshs you have 5 days.. were never late on a refresh but some how were at 94% but here is the kicker! we do good work. no damages to the home etc.. they have another vendor that destroys homes.. bad wints, leaky dewint, homes look like **** inside missing most hazards but for some odd reason he is the one getting all the work latley.. thats why i know there fannie mae inspections are b/s cause his homes sux.. brokers call saying oh we failed him 4 times cause there work is trash.. but s/g loves him.. i dont get it!
Its really pretty simple, SG makes more off of him. Think about it, they are making a killing on that hacks chargebacks and no pays.

Quality means nothing to them. The all mighty dollar does.......



BRADSConst is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to BRADSConst For This Useful Post:
mtmtnman (02-14-2014)
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-13-2014, 07:08 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 345
Thanks: 158
Thanked 289 Times in 149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleverfield View Post
You're wrong. In the top 20, scorecard is everything. If you don't keep your numbers above 80 percent, you get capped and demoted.
Cleverfield do you consider yourself an employee or a Professional Contractor?
cover2 is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cover2 For This Useful Post:
Field Audit Services LLC (02-16-2014), mtmtnman (02-14-2014)
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the REO Property Preservation Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome