Ouch!! - REO Property Preservation Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-22-2014, 09:57 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 345
Thanks: 158
Thanked 289 Times in 149 Posts
Ouch!!

A Euclid Boulevard woman has sued the city of Campbell, a property owner, a foreclosing bank and the bankís property maintenance contractor after she said she was hurt in a car crash because she couldnít see a stop sign that her suit says was completely hidden by overgrown weeds.
Besides the city, Judith Pelletier, of Euclid Boulevard, sued Danny Saulsberry, of 344 12th St., Campbell; Bank of New York Mellon; and Safeguard Properties LLC of Valley View, Ohio, seeking more than $25,000 in damages.
Pelletier said she was eastbound on Sanderson Avenue on Aug. 22, 2013, when her inability to see and react to the sign caused her to collide with a southbound car on 12th Street, which had the right of way.
Due to the crash, she suffered neck and thoracic sprains and a tension headache, for which she underwent medical and chiropractic care, she said.
The lawsuit, which demands a jury trial, was filed last week in Mahoning County Common Pleas Court and is assigned to Judge John M. Durkin.
Campbell Law Director Brian Macala said a reporterís call was his first word about the complaint, that he could not comment on it, and that the city will turn it over to its insurance carrier.
Gretchen Fri, Safeguardís corporate communications director, declined to comment.
Saulsberry and bank officials could not be reached for comment.
Can't wait to see what new and exciting requirements this will produce, more photos and any traffic sign within a hundred yards of property will have to be made visible by contractor or you will be charged back.
cover2 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to cover2 For This Useful Post:
thanohano44 (03-22-2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-22-2014, 10:04 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: ohio
Posts: 568
Thanks: 137
Thanked 307 Times in 177 Posts
dont work for SG. problem solved
hammerhead is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hammerhead For This Useful Post:
BPWY (03-22-2014), PerformanceProperty (03-23-2014), thanohano44 (03-22-2014)
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-22-2014, 10:10 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 345
Thanks: 158
Thanked 289 Times in 149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerhead View Post
dont work for SG. problem solved
Never did and never will, after reading that article glad I don't because some a**wipe there will come up with a new requirement.
cover2 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to cover2 For This Useful Post:
thanohano44 (03-22-2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-22-2014, 11:44 AM
Super Moderator
 
PropPresPro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Big Sky Country
Posts: 1,214
Thanks: 423
Thanked 929 Times in 465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cover2 View Post
A Euclid Boulevard woman has sued the city of Campbell, a property owner, a foreclosing bank and the bankís property maintenance contractor after she said she was hurt in a car crash because she couldnít see a stop sign that her suit says was completely hidden by overgrown weeds.
Besides the city, Judith Pelletier, of Euclid Boulevard, sued Danny Saulsberry, of 344 12th St., Campbell; Bank of New York Mellon; and Safeguard Properties LLC of Valley View, Ohio, seeking more than $25,000 in damages.
Pelletier said she was eastbound on Sanderson Avenue on Aug. 22, 2013, when her inability to see and react to the sign caused her to collide with a southbound car on 12th Street, which had the right of way.
Due to the crash, she suffered neck and thoracic sprains and a tension headache, for which she underwent medical and chiropractic care, she said.
The lawsuit, which demands a jury trial, was filed last week in Mahoning County Common Pleas Court and is assigned to Judge John M. Durkin.
Campbell Law Director Brian Macala said a reporterís call was his first word about the complaint, that he could not comment on it, and that the city will turn it over to its insurance carrier.
Gretchen Fri, Safeguardís corporate communications director, declined to comment.
Saulsberry and bank officials could not be reached for comment.
Can't wait to see what new and exciting requirements this will produce, more photos and any traffic sign within a hundred yards of property will have to be made visible by contractor or you will be charged back.

Obviously the BOTG are to blame for this.

Iíve already told you more than I know.
PropPresPro is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to PropPresPro For This Useful Post:
thanohano44 (03-22-2014)
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-22-2014, 11:47 AM
Super Moderator
 
BPWY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: MT
Posts: 4,096
Thanks: 1,470
Thanked 774 Times in 468 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PropPresPro View Post
Obviously the BOTG are to blame for this.





I couldn't begin to count the number of times I've bid grass cuts that were way over grown .......... and then nothing was done.

Professionals are people who can do their job when they don't feel like it.
Amateurs are people that can't do their job even when they do feel like it.
BPWY is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BPWY For This Useful Post:
mtmtnman (03-22-2014), thanohano44 (03-22-2014)
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-22-2014, 01:47 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 90
Thanks: 1
Thanked 24 Times in 15 Posts
Are not Stop signs and the such posted on city property? Case closed there, cities problem I would guess...
adorler is offline  
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-22-2014, 03:12 PM
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Southeast Wisconsin
Posts: 1,059
Thanks: 890
Thanked 1,208 Times in 536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by adorler View Post
Are not Stop signs and the such posted on city property? Case closed there, cities problem I would guess...
I'm not so sure on that, the fire hydrants around here are on the city property and it is the resident/owners responsibility to keep the snow removed. Same for the sidewalks. I received a violation on one of my rentals because the tenant was lazy. Around here at least, I would assume the same would be true for traffic signs and weeds.



BRADSConst is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BRADSConst For This Useful Post:
mtmtnman (03-22-2014), thanohano44 (03-22-2014)
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-23-2014, 10:44 AM
Senior Member
 
Splinterpicker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: west coast USA
Posts: 616
Thanks: 53
Thanked 213 Times in 135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRADSConst View Post
I'm not so sure on that, the fire hydrants around here are on the city property and it is the resident/owners responsibility to keep the snow removed. Same for the sidewalks. I received a violation on one of my rentals because the tenant was lazy. Around here at least, I would assume the same would be true for traffic signs and weeds.

Drivers inability to stop or be cautious at an intersection is not a liability to me. They had control of the auto and if they were attentative they should NOT be going 20 through an intersection. How many times have they traveled this route .... If the weeds were too tall this is an issue with the city NOT maintaining their signage. I would have to assume that the city sent letters and such then the bank has a time to respond then if inactivity happens the city sends out a crew to handle the violation. This is a case of a driver not paying attention CASE CLOSED
Splinterpicker is offline  
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-23-2014, 11:13 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,403
Thanks: 1,518
Thanked 533 Times in 287 Posts
In most places i have lived even the boulevard is the responsibility of the home owner. This case does have merit especially if it is found Safeguard sent contractors over and over and over again to bid the job. I have seen lots go all summer her not mowed and i only bid for these nationals ONE TIME. After that piss on it. They never approve it, why should i bid it.......
mtmtnman is offline  
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-23-2014, 03:01 PM
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Southeast Wisconsin
Posts: 1,059
Thanks: 890
Thanked 1,208 Times in 536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinterpicker View Post
This is a case of a driver not paying attention CASE CLOSED
Don't bet on it. I remember a few years back some college kids were brought up on charges because they stole a stop sign and put it in the dorm room. Driver of the car got hurt and it wasn't their fault because the sign wasn't there.



BRADSConst is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the REO Property Preservation Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome