bidding - REO Property Preservation Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-18-2014, 10:54 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
bidding

ive submitted a few bids for repairs within the last 3 months and gotten any of them so far is there a formula to retrieve more bids
careaway is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-18-2014, 11:45 AM
Super Moderator
 
PropPresPro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Big Sky Country
Posts: 1,211
Thanks: 423
Thanked 929 Times in 465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by careaway View Post
. . .is there a formula to retrieve more bids
Yes there is. I know I have it somewhere, I'll look. . .






























Ah, found it:

FORMULA TO RETRIEVE MORE BIDS

1. Carefully decipher the cost of all materials required
2. Carefully decipher the cost of all other expenses required (labor, equipment, etc)
3. Add lines 1 & 2 together, then subtract line 2 & reduce the difference by 10%
4. Submit the final # to your client (employer) and go wait by the nearest stump

When this formula is accurately used in the calculation of repair estimates in the P&P field, you will see a guaranteed increase in the amount of approvals you get.


Good luck!

Iíve already told you more than I know.
PropPresPro is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PropPresPro For This Useful Post:
Jovashut (04-18-2014), mtmtnman (04-20-2014)
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-18-2014, 11:50 AM
Super Moderator
 
PropPresPro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Big Sky Country
Posts: 1,211
Thanks: 423
Thanked 929 Times in 465 Posts
Seriously, it all depends on who your client is, who their client is, who the bank/insurer/owner is, what type of loan it is, and whether it is a pre or post conveyance property. Each one of these conditions determines what types of repairs are approved and some will only accept estimates submitted through estimation software.

Iíve already told you more than I know.
PropPresPro is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-18-2014, 07:03 PM
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Southeast Wisconsin
Posts: 1,059
Thanks: 890
Thanked 1,208 Times in 536 Posts
For me, it depends on what your intro is....



BRADSConst is offline  
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-18-2014, 11:04 PM
Member
 
Jovashut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 34
Thanks: 48
Thanked 13 Times in 9 Posts
Red face And then of course

Quote:
Originally Posted by PropPresPro View Post
Seriously, it all depends on who your client is, who their client is, who the bank/insurer/owner is, what type of loan it is, and whether it is a pre or post conveyance property. Each one of these conditions determines what types of repairs are approved and some will only accept estimates submitted through estimation software.
And then there are those real funny bids like the property has a roof exposed, warped joists, falling ceilings, broken glass, water dripping from faulty stop valve causing mold and you bid it all any they have you repair something like loose interior door knobs or change a hinge on the kitchen cabinet or clean the fridge. The fridge by the way has no doors on it...... Go figure.
Jovashut is offline  
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-19-2014, 08:49 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 345
Thanks: 158
Thanked 289 Times in 149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovashut View Post
And then there are those real funny bids like the property has a roof exposed, warped joists, falling ceilings, broken glass, water dripping from faulty stop valve causing mold and you bid it all any they have you repair something like loose interior door knobs or change a hinge on the kitchen cabinet or clean the fridge. The fridge by the way has no doors on it...... Go figure.
Gutters gone, fascia gone, exposed rafters rotting away but we need the tree next to the house trimmed!
cover2 is offline  
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-19-2014, 11:35 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 27
Thanks: 4
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
I have one

Pull up to house to do a lock change.get out and realize that there's no windows,
Humm ok what ever.get drill and lock out head towards house.get up on porch look thru window and realize back of house burnt and is mostly gone.
Call office to tell them my findings assuming we wouldn't do anything here,WRONG change the lock and bid to board it up.WTF,,half of the house is in the basement.this is why I get tired of doing this work sometimes:
Mason0127 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Mason0127 For This Useful Post:
mtmtnman (04-20-2014)
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-20-2014, 06:44 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 666
Thanks: 124
Thanked 336 Times in 182 Posts
I just got a very similiar work order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason0127 View Post
Pull up to house to do a lock change.get out and realize that there's no windows,
Humm ok what ever.get drill and lock out head towards house.get up on porch look thru window and realize back of house burnt and is mostly gone.
Call office to tell them my findings assuming we wouldn't do anything here,WRONG change the lock and bid to board it up.WTF,,half of the house is in the basement.this is why I get tired of doing this work sometimes:
Somehow a cube monkey thinks I'm going to board up the dormer and burned roof, that's no problem, but not for normal pricing.
But wait there's more. About six months after the fire, when all was reported and boarded as well as could be without climbing on the burned out roof, I got a QC call back for dirty floors and walls.
Ohnojim is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Ohnojim For This Useful Post:
mtmtnman (04-20-2014)
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-20-2014, 09:36 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 345
Thanks: 158
Thanked 289 Times in 149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohnojim View Post
Somehow a cube monkey thinks I'm going to board up the dormer and burned roof, that's no problem, but not for normal pricing.
But wait there's more. About six months after the fire, when all was reported and boarded as well as could be without climbing on the burned out roof, I got a QC call back for dirty floors and walls.
Once again more proof that these imbeciles never read a pcr or job notes that we submit. They sit in front of their screens with the instructions from management swirling in their heads "find something wrong,dirty floors, grass clippings, a leaf on the porch, a missing picture that's how you/we make our/your money people find it"
cover2 is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cover2 For This Useful Post:
mtmtnman (04-20-2014), PPPrincessNOT (04-20-2014)
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-20-2014, 12:52 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 751
Thanks: 123
Thanked 504 Times in 253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohnojim View Post
Somehow a cube monkey thinks I'm going to board up the dormer and burned roof, that's no problem, but not for normal pricing.
But wait there's more. About six months after the fire, when all was reported and boarded as well as could be without climbing on the burned out roof, I got a QC call back for dirty floors and walls.
I got one the other day that said the ceiling fans were filthy and needed to be cleaned. I said I would not even acknowledge the QC report until they reviewed my pictures again, looked over the approved work order again and fired the imbecile who reported this. They wanted to know why, so I told them that I had been paid to remove all of the ceiling fans throughout the house and while I was sure they were filthy it was because they were buried in a landfill not becasue we did not clean them. They decided the QC report was bogus too and I have heard nothing more about it.
Gypsos is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the REO Property Preservation Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome