I wonder what kind of person you have to be or what kind of training you are given to be a vendor specialist....
* must learn to give evasive answers, never directly answer a question.
* must be able to kiss vendors butt when company really needs a job done.
* be creative! look for any reason to qc and get work done for free.
*always be on the look out for cheaper vendors who you can manipulate.
* no matter what! always cut their cy
* always cut bids! vendors have no idea what they are talking about.
* try "forgetting" something off their invoice...maybe they won't check.
* never take responsibility for anything! it's always! always the vendors fault.
* do not be a team player! company knows best.....vendor IS not part of the team.