Field Asset Services - REO Property Preservation Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-22-2012, 10:16 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Field Asset Services

Does anyone have experience working with FAS???
JasonFritz is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-22-2012, 05:27 PM
Super Moderator
 
BPWY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: MT
Posts: 4,096
Thanks: 1,470
Thanked 774 Times in 468 Posts
RUUUUUUN screaming for your mommy!!!!



Don't do it, you'll go broke quick like with their loooooow pay and slooooow pay.
In 09 I briefly worked for them. When I quit working for them they could not comprehend why I'd quit for their failure to pay for services rendered.
I'm not talking about charge backs etc, I'm talking about paying for any thing... day one and on.
Took close to 6 months for the pay to trickle in.

NO THANK YOU!!!!

Professionals are people who can do their job when they don't feel like it.
Amateurs are people that can't do their job even when they do feel like it.
BPWY is offline  
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-23-2012, 11:26 AM
Low quality low cost
 
Craigslist Hack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Every city
Posts: 2,338
Thanks: 695
Thanked 1,687 Times in 846 Posts
They are the worst in the industry! The ONLY way you should work for them is if you would starve otherwise.
Craigslist Hack is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-25-2012, 12:34 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Why are they so bad? I mean why do they treat us subs this way?

If I treated my subs awful they would all quit on me....

They had someone call me off my remodeling website, which is marketed towards high end remodeling www.AtlantaRemodelingNow.com it says nothing about preservation work and is about marketing to high end remodel clients....So why would they have someone call me and ask me to do remodeling work for them when I am obviously not desperate for work- at the same time they want me to carry E&O, the only other company that has ever asked me for that was SafeGaurd, who is obviously the worst ever, so I just don't get it. They told me they have some remodel jobs coming up and want me to be ready in a few weeks..so of course there's a rush on me... it just seems like the same ole same ole I got when SafeGuard came along...

Any advice is well appreciated I don't want to pass up a good thing but I am worried its just more of the safeguard type of BS...
JasonFritz is offline  
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-25-2012, 05:44 AM
Super Moderator
 
BPWY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: MT
Posts: 4,096
Thanks: 1,470
Thanked 774 Times in 468 Posts
If you think that SG is the worse............you'll HATE working for FAS.

They are worse. In my experience.

Professionals are people who can do their job when they don't feel like it.
Amateurs are people that can't do their job even when they do feel like it.
BPWY is offline  
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-25-2012, 05:19 PM
Low quality low cost
 
Craigslist Hack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Every city
Posts: 2,338
Thanks: 695
Thanked 1,687 Times in 846 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonFritz View Post
Why are they so bad? I mean why do they treat us subs this way?

If I treated my subs awful they would all quit on me....

They had someone call me off my remodeling website, which is marketed towards high end remodeling www.AtlantaRemodelingNow.com it says nothing about preservation work and is about marketing to high end remodel clients....So why would they have someone call me and ask me to do remodeling work for them when I am obviously not desperate for work- at the same time they want me to carry E&O, the only other company that has ever asked me for that was SafeGaurd, who is obviously the worst ever, so I just don't get it. They told me they have some remodel jobs coming up and want me to be ready in a few weeks..so of course there's a rush on me... it just seems like the same ole same ole I got when SafeGuard came along...

Any advice is well appreciated I don't want to pass up a good thing but I am worried its just more of the safeguard type of BS...
They are anticipating getting orders to rehab properties for Obama's rental home program. They are targeting you because they assume a good company will be in a better financial position to float large projects for 90 to 120 days while waiting for payment. Their current subs can't because they don't make any money working for FAS. It's a cycle. NO WAY I would do this. I have personally bid a few of these for Bank of America and nothing has come from any of it. It's a scary concept considering BAC put several companies out of business a few years back by simply not paying.
Craigslist Hack is offline  
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-30-2012, 09:03 AM
Member
 
nopay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: south of the mason dixon
Posts: 31
Thanks: 8
Thanked 10 Times in 4 Posts
how can the bac simply not pay.???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doberman Properties View Post
They are anticipating getting orders to rehab properties for Obama's rental home program. They are targeting you because they assume a good company will be in a better financial position to float large projects for 90 to 120 days while waiting for payment. Their current subs can't because they don't make any money working for FAS. It's a cycle. NO WAY I would do this. I have personally bid a few of these for Bank of America and nothing has come from any of it. It's a scary concept considering BAC put several companies out of business a few years back by simply not paying.
the bac shorts me 1# out of every #4 orders.! most of the time i get shorted on debris removel they say the photos don't justify the yards, but yet they approve the yard count by the photos when i bid the job.
nopay is offline  
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-30-2012, 09:11 AM
Super Moderator
 
PropPresPro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Big Sky Country
Posts: 1,208
Thanks: 423
Thanked 929 Times in 465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nopay View Post
the bac shorts me 1# out of every #4 orders.! most of the time i get shorted on debris removel they say the photos don't justify the yards, but yet they approve the yard count by the photos when i bid the job.
That right there is the age old argument in property preservation. Well, one of them anyway.
PropPresPro is offline  
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-30-2012, 09:13 AM
Senior Member
 
Splinterpicker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: west coast USA
Posts: 616
Thanks: 53
Thanked 213 Times in 135 Posts
FAS rehab prices are below the bottom of the barrel

they want to pay between 135 and 136 for a kitchen sink faucet and sprayer installed by a pro plumber. My plumber laughs at that price. In our state and more than likely yours too specialty trades( electrical and plumbing ) cant be done by a general contractor. If the repair fails then you are liable for ALL damages out of your pocket. Insurance would more than likely cancel you and you are put on probation with your states licensing department if not canceled and unable to obtain a business license. Any more questions ??
Splinterpicker is offline  
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-30-2012, 09:26 AM
Senior Member
 
Splinterpicker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: west coast USA
Posts: 616
Thanks: 53
Thanked 213 Times in 135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonFritz View Post
Why are they so bad? I mean why do they treat us subs this way?

If I treated my subs awful they would all quit on me....

They had someone call me off my remodeling website, which is marketed towards high end remodeling www.AtlantaRemodelingNow.com it says nothing about preservation work and is about marketing to high end remodel clients....So why would they have someone call me and ask me to do remodeling work for them when I am obviously not desperate for work- at the same time they want me to carry E&O, the only other company that has ever asked me for that was SafeGaurd, who is obviously the worst ever, so I just don't get it. They told me they have some remodel jobs coming up and want me to be ready in a few weeks..so of course there's a rush on me... it just seems like the same ole same ole I got when SafeGuard came along...

Any advice is well appreciated I don't want to pass up a good thing but I am worried its just more of the safeguard type of BS...
If they are calling you that means
(1) They have a need
(2) They have burned their bridges with their last vendor
(3) They don't pay
(4) There is a reason they are calling you.

I get calls all the time from property pres. companies and I have a few screening questions. You should develop the same thing if you are going to get into this industry, so you don't waste your time with the low ballers. Yesterday I had one call and want me to go 60 miles one way to do a 40 dollar lock change, " that does not even pay to put my shoes on to go to my truck" "Well you can get the locks for 4 to 7 dollars on line. " Thanks for the call but your companies pricing is not a good fit to what I need to make a profit" GOODBYE

I told them ( FAS) years ago I don't do REOmodeling and Tennant access. IT does NOT pay. they have their pricing list and that is that.

You WILL spend many hours giving them a competitive bid that is fair.
You will be told that is too HIGH.
You will not get the work.
When you try to justify your pricing You will get to hear " thats fine we will just reassign it".
You will get a fuel bill at the end of the month and wonder if it is worth it.

When competiting against a Realtor they ( realtors) don't mark up bids so it is IMPOSSIBLE to be competitive. FAS marks up your work between 30 to 60 percent. Thats their commission for being your pimp.

Negative attitude on my behalf perhaps. But i would recommend a pricing list before committing and sticking close to your base of operations till you get the feel for how they operate and if you are going to keep on with them.

Best of LUCK
Splinterpicker is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the REO Property Preservation Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome