how to get into property preservation - REO Property Preservation Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-26-2012, 08:04 PM
pro exteriors
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
how to get into property preservation

I got a call the other day from tradeworkersonline.com to do some p&p work, long story short I've determined that particular company is a scam but it has peaked my interest in doing that type of work in addition to my regular exterior (roofing, siding, windows etc.) work. How do I break into this type of work? Is there a particular legitimate company to contact or just start calling banks?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-29-2012, 01:52 PM
Property Preservation
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 883
Thanks: 34
Thanked 28 Times in 16 Posts
You're going to have to do some reading of all the threads in the preservation forums. No one is going to direct you to their clients and no one will give you pricing.

Just research and read and you'll find everything you need to know about these companies, good and bad.

Linda



APlusPPGroup is offline  
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-29-2012, 07:51 PM
pro exteriors
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1propertyclean
You're going to have to do some reading of all the threads in the preservation forums. No one is going to direct you to their clients and no one will give you pricing.

Just research and read and you'll find everything you need to know about these companies, good and bad.

Linda
Wow all the preservation people are so offended and upset by a "newbie" asking questions about getting into the business so it must be the place to be. Thanks for the advice apparently I found the used car dealers of the contracting industry lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-29-2012, 07:58 PM
monumentinc
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by pro exteriors
Wow all the preservation people are so offended and upset by a "newbie" asking questions about getting into the business so it must be the place to be. Thanks for the advice apparently I found the used car dealers of the contracting industry lol.
It is hard to fill in with foreclosure work due to the inability to make even weekly work plans. You are expected to turn in bids same day or next and upon approval start right away. And half the work is clerical, pictures, itemized bidding etc.
You may find your self delaying your regular work to do these types of jobs which is not ideal.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-29-2012, 08:26 PM
pro exteriors
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by monumentinc
It is hard to fill in with foreclosure work due to the inability to make even weekly work plans. You are expected to turn in bids same day or next and upon approval start right away. And half the work is clerical, pictures, itemized bidding etc.
You may find your self delaying your regular work to do these types of jobs which is not ideal.
Thank you, that's the kind of info I was looking for. Instead of stupid newby how dare you ask a question of us great property preservation gods about something you're unfamiliar with. My bad I thought that's what the forums were for, lol. Guess there are arrogant people in every industry.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-29-2012, 08:41 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 32
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pro exteriors
Thank you, that's the kind of info I was looking for. Instead of stupid newby how dare you ask a question of us great property preservation gods about something you're unfamiliar with. My bad I thought that's what the forums were for, lol. Guess there are arrogant people in every industry.
Pro, also check out our dedicated PP forum here.

http://www.preservationtalk.com/

It's a brand new site (couple months) but a sister site to this one.

It's a forum where pricing etc. is much more freely discussed.
rselectric1 is offline  
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-29-2012, 08:42 PM
pro exteriors
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by rselectric1
Pro, also check out our dedicated PP forum here.

http://www.preservationtalk.com/

It's a brand new site (couple months) but a sister site to this one.

It's a forum where pricing etc. is much more freely discussed.
Will do, thank you
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-29-2012, 09:32 PM
Property Preservation
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 883
Thanks: 34
Thanked 28 Times in 16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pro exteriors
Wow all the preservation people are so offended and upset by a "newbie" asking questions about getting into the business so it must be the place to be. Thanks for the advice apparently I found the used car dealers of the contracting industry lol.
You didn't offend me with your question. But, if you had bothered to do your homework like many of the other members who have already gotten off the ground, you would probably be able to ask more well-informed questions.

What I said about no one giving up their clients is true and giving out pricing in the forum is against the rules.

Maybe you just need to go kick rocks somewhere and get rid of the chip on your shoulder when someone answers you honestly.

Linda



APlusPPGroup is offline  
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-29-2012, 09:34 PM
Property Preservation
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 883
Thanks: 34
Thanked 28 Times in 16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pro exteriors
Thank you, that's the kind of info I was looking for. Instead of stupid newby how dare you ask a question of us great property preservation gods about something you're unfamiliar with. My bad I thought that's what the forums were for, lol. Guess there are arrogant people in every industry.
Wow. Nice. Forums are great learning and networking tools. But you really DO need to do some reading and make sure the questions haven't already been answered to your satisfaction.

You're busy kicking people who CAN help because you're too busy reading everything into the answers you're being given except the answer itself.

Linda



APlusPPGroup is offline  
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-30-2012, 10:37 AM
Super Moderator
 
GTX63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Your House Soon...Soon
Posts: 3,186
Thanks: 676
Thanked 2,249 Times in 1,094 Posts
I'm always glad to help, there are no dumb questions. But you could say you get what you pay for...
GTX63 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the REO Property Preservation Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in













Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome