Mass E-mail Marketing - REO Property Preservation Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-29-2012, 11:26 PM
Paradox
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mass E-mail Marketing

My friend recently put together a list of over 1,200 realtors in my area for the company he works for. It's not proprietary information and he sent the list over to me when he finished. The information is contained in a simple excel spreadsheet like this:

| Realtor Name | E-mail | Realty Company | Contact Number


How can I mass e-mail a list of the services we can provide for REO's and private customers (landscaping, debris removal, etc.)? I would rather not have to buy some gadget since this would be something I did once every couple months. I was also thinking of just doing 100 at a time to see what kind of response it generates. I don't want the e-mail to show in their spam folder.

I was also wondering if anyone here in the business can help me come up with a message to include in the e-mail that will be sent to these realtors.

Greetings,

My name is ***x and I operate a property preservation and landscaping company based out of Anderson, South Carolina. We provide services for both REO and privately owned properties in the Upstate area, including but not limited to the following:

-Landscaping (Hedging, Mulch installation, small tree removal, and more)
-Lawn Maintenance (Generally limited to the Anderson area)
-Debris/Junk removal
-Sales cleans
-Trashouts

We are insured and bonded for both private-party and bank work. We provide free estimates. Give me a call at ***-***-***x to learn more about how we can help you and your client increase the marketability of their property!

Thanks,
***x
HD Property Preservation and Landscaping
***-***-***x


What do you think of this e-mail? Do you see any changes that could be made? Hopefully this thread is a change of pace from bashing the nats/regionals - I'm trying to diversify
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-29-2012, 11:35 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 694
Thanks: 42
Thanked 129 Times in 74 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox
My friend recently put together a list of over 1,200 realtors in my area for the company he works for. It's not proprietary information and he sent the list over to me when he finished. The information is contained in a simple excel spreadsheet like this:

| Realtor Name | E-mail | Realty Company | Contact Number

How can I mass e-mail a list of the services we can provide for REO's and private customers (landscaping, debris removal, etc.)? I would rather not have to buy some gadget since this would be something I did once every couple months. I was also thinking of just doing 100 at a time to see what kind of response it generates. I don't want the e-mail to show in their spam folder.

I was also wondering if anyone here in the business can help me come up with a message to include in the e-mail that will be sent to these realtors.

Greetings,

My name is ***x and I operate a property preservation and landscaping company based out of Anderson, South Carolina. We provide services for both REO and privately owned properties in the Upstate area, including but not limited to the following:

-Landscaping (Hedging, Mulch installation, small tree removal, and more)
-Lawn Maintenance (Generally limited to the Anderson area)
-Debris/Junk removal
-Sales cleans
-Trashouts

We are insured and bonded for both private-party and bank work. We provide free estimates. Give me a call at ***-***-***x to learn more about how we can help you and your client increase the marketability of their property!

Thanks,
***x
HD Property Preservation and Landscaping
***-***-***x

What do you think of this e-mail? Do you see any changes that could be made? Hopefully this thread is a change of pace from bashing the nats/regionals - I'm trying to diversify
IMHO you may be best spent targeting the few select agents that are high volume reo agents. Email, mail, call these guys.

Out of the 1200, probably less than a hundred deal at all with reos.
SwiftRes is offline  
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-30-2012, 12:16 AM
Paradox
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftRes
IMHO you may be best spent targeting the few select agents that are high volume reo agents. Email, mail, call these guys.

Out of the 1200, probably less than a hundred deal at all with reos.
It'd be cumbersome to determine which ones are REO agents. I not only want to expand my REO reach, but also see if I can generate private-party business for the kinds of things we do for REO work - debris removal, cleaning, etc. Would also like to increase our landscaping volume.

I'm not sure how I could approach cold calling, because the list doesn't give me much information at all about the realtor. Some of these realtors are outside of my coverage area anyways - but it'd be time consuming to weed them out before sending the e-mail.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-30-2012, 12:45 AM
Senior Member
 
thanohano44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,016
Thanks: 1,397
Thanked 289 Times in 168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox

It'd be cumbersome to determine which ones are REO agents. I not only want to expand my REO reach, but also see if I can generate private-party business for the kinds of things we do for REO work - debris removal, cleaning, etc. Would also like to increase our landscaping volume.

I'm not sure how I could approach cold calling, because the list doesn't give me much information at all about the realtor. Some of these realtors are outside of my coverage area anyways - but it'd be time consuming to weed them out before sending the e-mail.
I've found door knocking and in your face introductions work best.
thanohano44 is offline  
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-30-2012, 05:37 AM
Super Moderator
 
GTX63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Your House Soon...Soon
Posts: 3,186
Thanks: 676
Thanked 2,249 Times in 1,094 Posts
Mass emails like that are viewed about the same as a sales call to their cell phone.

It isn't that hard to locate the REO brokers. Look at the foreclosure listings. 1200 brokers, there are probably less than a dozen that handle them frequently.
GTX63 is offline  
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-30-2012, 08:56 AM
Trashoutqueen
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mass emailing is a waste of time. If you really want the work, go to the offices with flyers and introduce yourself.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-30-2012, 07:56 PM
Cruz @ ANDERCO
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Trashout Queen is right-

In person is best-

You might want to prepare your Binder or Ipad with photos of previos work - in case they ask.

Give them a CARD- and a flyer.

Follow up in a couple of weeks- and every so often. Familiarity (without being a PITA or a stalker) breeds business.

Smile and be gracious- even if they aren't.

Who reads random emails from people they don't know? Unless it comes from my website- (a contact us thingy) I'm not.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-30-2012, 10:38 PM
Super Moderator
 
BPWY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: MT
Posts: 4,096
Thanks: 1,470
Thanked 774 Times in 468 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trashoutqueen
Mass emailing is a waste of time. If you really want the work, go to the offices with flyers and introduce yourself.





I've told this before. I've handed out hundreds of biz cards to nearly orgasmic realtors. They'll gush on and on about how they never have any body to call when they need the type of services my company provides.

And then......................... NOT A SINGLE CALL! Not one.


For the most part most of them are just as bad of bold in your face liars as what
used car sales clowns are.
BPWY is offline  
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-31-2012, 07:24 AM
mbobbish734
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
I've built my business using mass email. It does work. Email and follow up with calls. You'll even get non reo work. It just takes time. Get a good email program, I use email blaster. You set up an unsubscribe email. It will tell who read the email and who didn't. You will only convert about 1-2% into customers. But it will work.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-31-2012, 11:57 AM
MakeItEz2GetPd
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox
Greetings,

My name is ***x and I operate a property preservation and landscaping company based out of Anderson, South Carolina. We provide services for both REO and privately owned properties in the Upstate area, including but not limited to the following:

-Landscaping (Hedging, Mulch installation, small tree removal, and more)
-Lawn Maintenance (Generally limited to the Anderson area)
-Debris/Junk removal
-Sales cleans
-Trashouts

We are insured and bonded for both private-party and bank work. We provide free estimates. Give me a call at ***-***-***x to learn more about how we can help you and your client increase the marketability of their property!

Thanks,
***x
HD Property Preservation and Landscaping
***-***-***x


What do you think of this e-mail? Do you see any changes that could be made? Hopefully this thread is a change of pace from bashing the nats/regionals - I'm trying to diversify
Honestly, your message sounds just like the 20 other contractors that have just sent the real estate agents the exact same message. If you want it to work you have to be different and your message has to be interesting. What you're referring to is one of the several tasks involved in a direct marketing" campaign. An effective direct marketing campaign involves contacting potential customers multiple times, using several forms of communication like email, postcards, phone calls and in person.

More importantly, anything you send from your "gmail", "hotmail" or "yahoo" email address would most definitely wind up in their spam folder and could get you "blacklisted", which means that you are no longer allowed to send email. There is something called the Can-Spam Act of 2003 which is a law governed by the FTC (Federal Trade Commission) that forbids sending marketing related emails without the recipient's permission.

You're limiting your ability to get any new customers by telling yourself you don't want to use any "gadgets", since you need them in order to put something like this together. You just need to accept the fact that you'll need to invest some money in "gadgets" like a decent website ($20-$30/month), email marketing software ($10-$20/month), postcards ($??), flyers, cold calling, your time, etc. Sending a couple mass emails is like pouring antifreeze into a toilet and saying "the winterization is finished". The good news is that if you use the right "gadgets", you can set up a really nice direct marketing campaign one time and then it will run by itself after that.

I've heard a few decent suggestions already. The first concept to understand is that customers buy from people who they know, like and trust. I think your best bet is to grab a book by "Dan Kennedy", since he is pretty much the godfather of direct marketing, so you can learn how to put together a campaign that actually works and is not boring

Here's a link to a one of Dan's book: No B.S. Direct Marketing: The Ultimate, No Holds Barred, Kick Butt, Take No Prisoners Direct Marketing for Non-direct Marketing Businesses
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the REO Property Preservation Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome