Originally Posted by damaton
Ok , so I'm not Alan but if I was this would be my list to go to the chopping block. It would be interesting to see what everyone's list looks like. So please chime in!
1. FAS. The way they degrade SG and how they handled the FNMA transition are just plain unprofessional. They deserve everything they have coming.
2. AMS. Need I say more? This as actually a tough call to make second as I'm sure they could be first by many peoples account. Someone I know was at the "industry day" in Detroit and I guess AMS was bashing SG bad. Saying they were way bigger of a company had more contracts, etc. More unprofessional practice.
3. Miken. Time these guys suffered like we do.
4. CVMS. Not even sure if they are still in business but one of our worst business relationships ever.
5. Berghorst. Once again, need I say more? Time to get a real job Heather!
6. US Best. Same story. Please do our work for free and we will fight to pay you.
7. Sentinel. I don't care what "ninjas" or whatever they were calling their recruiters your prices suck.
8. Superior. Please go give us blanket bids for total repair on houses in the middle of Detroit and Flint. Ya because those area get rehabbed. Even hazard claims arnt stupid.
OK that's our list here in MI. Its sad when we have worked for all these deadbeat companies. I would hate to add up all the revenue lost and years off my life from the stress these guys cause. What does the group think?? Did I miss some? I know there close to 20 "regionals" that call and email us weekly that I am sure could be on this list bit don't deserve the keystrokes.
I guess experience is reality. I have never heard FAS say a single bad word about SG. Not a single one. And I mean from the top down. They have been nothing but professional (AMS will bad mouth a damn dog so I agree with you there).
I am not sure you 100% understand the terms of the contract they signed bud. Details will probably trickle down, but rights to mortgage servicing by B of A (back of the house stuff), has been sold to other providers to the tune of 10.8 billion over the last year or so, so many of the "B of A" properties out there, they probably don't even have the servicing rights to. Its probably just a way of classifying. So it is truely a huge deal, but may not have the impact you expect.
I do not rejoice in SG making a move like this. I am only half capitalist, and the further diluting of the industry is not welcome by a company that in my experience strong arms anyone they can, is rude by design, by their own inspectors is admitted to find ways to take money from vendors to increase revenue, and pays rates I wouldn't in good conscience give to my subs.
I am glad your experience has been different. But beware if they do not feel they "need" you at any time. Allan Jaffa does not care about you.