Who can you trust - REO Property Preservation Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 02:37 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 28
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Who can you trust

Hello everyone, my name is James and I am the owner of J.L.Givens & Sons PP, based out of Nahunta, Ga. I am knew to this site, but am not knew to the PP field. My question is, out of all of these PP companies to choose from to be a vendor for, who are the best ones and who are the ones to avoid. I've done mostly work through private REO's, and work has slowed down, I am looking for something to help me get through the winter months coming up. Any and all info you give me will be greatly Appreciated.
jlgivensandsons is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 02:47 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 28
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
I've gotten calls from 5 Bro, Universal Property Preservation, Southeastern Asset Services, Omni PP, Field Asset Services and a few others, who would you recommend I go further in talks with? Would you recommend I try to negotiate a deal on profit sharing, or just except what they offer.
jlgivensandsons is offline  
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 04:33 AM
Super Moderator
 
GTX63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Your House Soon...Soon
Posts: 3,186
Thanks: 676
Thanked 2,249 Times in 1,094 Posts
My list of the who's who of good companies will bring several responses from people who had bad experiences with them. Guy has great experience with FAS in NJ and another one is putting liens out for money owed by them ny FAS in Nebraska.
You need to check their price lists, photo requirements, deadlines, coverage area, etc and see if it works for you. If you can't do it the way they want, tell them what it will take, and they will use you or they won't.
No different than the private sector really. You can work to be busy or you can work to make money.
GTX63 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 04:46 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 28
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTX63
My list of the who's who of good companies will bring several responses from people who had bad experiences with them. Guy has great experience with FAS in NJ and another one is putting liens out for money owed by them ny FAS in Nebraska.
You need to check their price lists, photo requirements, deadlines, coverage area, etc and see if it works for you. If you can't do it the way they want, tell them what it will take, and they will use you or they won't.
No different than the private sector really. You can work to be busy or you can work to make money.

Of course in the real world you can't have your cake and eat it too. thank you for your reply
jlgivensandsons is offline  
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 05:03 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 28
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTX63
My list of the who's who of good companies will bring several responses from people who had bad experiences with them. Guy has great experience with FAS in NJ and another one is putting liens out for money owed by them ny FAS in Nebraska.
You need to check their price lists, photo requirements, deadlines, coverage area, etc and see if it works for you. If you can't do it the way they want, tell them what it will take, and they will use you or they won't.
No different than the private sector really. You can work to be busy or you can work to make money.
my response didn't come out right, i do apologize. I'd much rather work to make money. I've read a few of them's so called price list and most of them quote HUD, and I know that ain't what they are paying based off what i have read on a few other threads on here.
jlgivensandsons is offline  
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 05:19 AM
Super Moderator
 
GTX63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Your House Soon...Soon
Posts: 3,186
Thanks: 676
Thanked 2,249 Times in 1,094 Posts
After having been kicked in the head by these clowns enough over the years, I learned the game.
Example:Five Brothers wanted us to do an initial secure for about $40 for one lock, plus the 100+ photos and inspection. Property was 70 miles one way from the office. Said we could do it for them with a 24 hour turn around for $150, no discount. Nope, can't do it.
Three weeks later they call and ask us to go out there because the contractor they used put a lockbox on and used a keycode with unknown combinations.
Bottom line is you have to run your business your way. If you can make a profit, good for you. Don't give a national a break for their promise.
GTX63 is offline  
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 06:16 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 28
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTX63
After having been kicked in the head by these clowns enough over the years, I learned the game.
Example:Five Brothers wanted us to do an initial secure for about $40 for one lock, plus the 100+ photos and inspection. Property was 70 miles one way from the office. Said we could do it for them with a 24 hour turn around for $150, no discount. Nope, can't do it.
Three weeks later they call and ask us to go out there because the contractor they used put a lockbox on and used a keycode with unknown combinations.
Bottom line is you have to run your business your way. If you can make a profit, good for you. Don't give a national a break for their promise.
Thank you for your input on 5 brothers, that pretty much helps me eliminate them from my choice, I know most of you will say it is souly based on my own experience with whom ever i choose, but truth be told...if you polish a turd, guess what...it's still a turd
jlgivensandsons is offline  
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 06:22 AM
Contractor
 
JFMURFY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: CT
Posts: 486
Thanks: 81
Thanked 151 Times in 79 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTX63
After having been kicked in the head by these clowns enough over the years, I learned the game.
Example:Five Brothers wanted us to do an initial secure for about $40 for one lock, plus the 100+ photos and inspection. Property was 70 miles one way from the office. Said we could do it for them with a 24 hour turn around for $150, no discount. Nope, can't do it.
Three weeks later they call and ask us to go out there because the contractor they used put a lockbox on and used a keycode with unknown combinations.
Bottom line is you have to run your business your way. If you can make a profit, good for you. Don't give a national a break for their promise.
Here...Here.... WIth the Nationals....the majority of them... when your contacted, one individual will promise you the world... then when your into them... Oh so & so doesn't work here anymore, and they weren't "authorized" to offer you that deal.
Get it all in writing... With HUD prices less discount you can make a buck. It's the BS an nit-picking after the work is done an yuo've submitted your WO an pics... Answer to the fella's quote--Trust no-one it's business.
JFMURFY is offline  
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 06:36 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 28
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFMURFY
Here...Here.... WIth the Nationals....the majority of them... when your contacted, one individual will promise you the world... then when your into them... Oh so & so doesn't work here anymore, and they weren't "authorized" to offer you that deal.
Get it all in writing... With HUD prices less discount you can make a buck. It's the BS an nit-picking after the work is done an yuo've submitted your WO an pics... Answer to the fella's quote--Trust no-one it's business.
I have learned in this business, much like others...if it ain't in writing it never happened. Today a persons word ain't worth spit. Even in the small podunk town I live in that no one on this form has ever heard of....lol
jlgivensandsons is offline  
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 06:44 AM
Super Moderator
 
GTX63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Your House Soon...Soon
Posts: 3,186
Thanks: 676
Thanked 2,249 Times in 1,094 Posts
Yeah, I guess you are in the sticks.
GTX63 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the REO Property Preservation Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome