A friendly e-mail to Good Choice Preservation - REO Property Preservation Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 10:03 AM
Paradox
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
A friendly e-mail to Good Choice Preservation

I recently received an e-mail from a recruiter for the newest regional in town. I'd like to see e-mails that you guys have sent to other lovely regionals or (un)professional correspondence from recruiters/coordinators/etc.






Thank you for the e-mail. I find it hard to justify the pay for almost all of the items, such as $35.00 winterizations, re-cut prices $25-45, $10 padlocks (each unit costs $5-$7), etc.

Be careful about who you hire at these prices in South Carolina. You'll be getting guys that cut every corner imaginable to make any kind of profit. I highly doubt any of the guys will be carrying the appropriate liability insurance. The liability will default to your company's insurance, and I doubt they will be happy with having uninsured "subs" performing work. Honestly, do you expect to receive quality work for minimum-wage pay?

I can refer you to people who have been in the business for decades who can send you a list of companies and people who have gone bankrupt due to this business. I hope your business is not planning on keeping this contract for long, because MCS/FAS or whoever you'll be acting as a regional for will screw you over the first chance they get and move on to the next sucker.

Please keep my e-mail on file and let me know how soon you go belly-up. I'd love to review your company's financial statements and see the total amount backcharged by the national to your company during this timeframe.

Thanks,
HD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 06:35 PM
Super Moderator
 
BPWY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: MT
Posts: 4,096
Thanks: 1,470
Thanked 774 Times in 468 Posts
I'm sorry.


LMAO.


Oh wait, I'm not sorry.


Good one, too bad they aren't smart enough to pay attention.

When ever I decline I always mention the cost of biz including insurances and tell them that their pay is not nearly enough to cover what they want done.

I am going to start including a link in the emails to the national cost of gas/fuel as well.


http://www.eia.gov/petroleum/gasdiesel/
BPWY is offline  
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 10:50 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,403
Thanks: 1,518
Thanked 533 Times in 287 Posts
LOL!! I was a little nicer this morning....

Good Afternoon, my name is Jordan Ballance and I am the Vendor Development Manager at Eastern Estates Property Management based in Herndon, Virginia. We are experienced in REO properties as well as property management and preservation. Our coverage area includes, but is not limited to, the East Coast of the United States.



We are currently receiving a large amount of new contracts and would like to add you to our nationwide vendor database. If this is something that you are interested in, please fill out the attached applications and return it to us at your convenience.



You can also refer to our website at www.eastern-estates.com for any other questions.



With all due respect, i no longer fill out applications without first seeing price lists. I have wasted too much time in the past filling out applications only to find the pricing would not support or costs.


I have attached our general pricing list.

Thank you for the fast response. Unfortunately your pricing will not cover our expenses. My county alone is the size of Connecticut with only 91,000 residents and we have no volume to make up for the vast distances we travel. I average 1,000 - 1,200 miles a WEEK for the companies i do cover. I wish you luck covering Montana. It is one of the hardest states to cover. If you get in a bind and can offer a trip charge, we bill out at .55 cents a mile for anything over 30 miles from our office location.
mtmtnman is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 11:38 PM
Super Moderator
 
BPWY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: MT
Posts: 4,096
Thanks: 1,470
Thanked 774 Times in 468 Posts
That aint the Matt I know.


Musta had his sweet wife write that for him.


lmao
BPWY is offline  
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 11:57 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,403
Thanks: 1,518
Thanked 533 Times in 287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPWY
That aint the Matt I know.


Musta had his sweet wife write that for him.


lmao

I was in a good mood till i went to the Cat Chit Condo this afternoon.......
mtmtnman is offline  
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-11-2012, 06:02 AM
Super Moderator
 
GTX63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Your House Soon...Soon
Posts: 3,186
Thanks: 676
Thanked 2,249 Times in 1,094 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmtnman
I was in a good mood till i went to the Cat Chit Condo this afternoon.......
If the neighbors only knew.



Standard response to pricelists like that is to provide our own pricelist, along with our certifications, licenses, experience and a brief discription of our company. I'm not being too proud to think I am overqualified to do work for a regional like that.
GTX63 is offline  
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 08:42 PM
Senior Member
 
REO2Rentals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Michigan:)
Posts: 236
Thanks: 147
Thanked 30 Times in 23 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmtnman View Post
LOL!! I was a little nicer this morning....

Good Afternoon, my name is Jordan Ballance and I am the Vendor Development Manager at Eastern Estates Property Management based in Herndon, Virginia. We are experienced in REO properties as well as property management and preservation. Our coverage area includes, but is not limited to, the East Coast of the United States.



We are currently receiving a large amount of new contracts and would like to add you to our nationwide vendor database. If this is something that you are interested in, please fill out the attached applications and return it to us at your convenience.



You can also refer to our website at www.eastern-estates.com for any other questions.



With all due respect, i no longer fill out applications without first seeing price lists. I have wasted too much time in the past filling out applications only to find the pricing would not support or costs.


I have attached our general pricing list.

Thank you for the fast response. Unfortunately your pricing will not cover our expenses. My county alone is the size of Connecticut with only 91,000 residents and we have no volume to make up for the vast distances we travel. I average 1,000 - 1,200 miles a WEEK for the companies i do cover. I wish you luck covering Montana. It is one of the hardest states to cover. If you get in a bind and can offer a trip charge, we bill out at .55 cents a mile for anything over 30 miles from our office location.

Did you still have their price list - because they recruit vendor like crazy - building database

Eastern Estates is Looking for Qualified Vendors Nationwide.

As we continue to expand into more states and cover more areas, we are constantly looking for qualified, experienced property preservation contractors nationwide. We offer prices above industry average and a collaborative environment that makes it easy to complete and submit your work. Please fill out the application at our website below, and contact us if you have any questions.

Keith Mann
703-376-8831
www.eastern-estates.com

OVERVIEWeastern-estates.com


Eastern Estates Property Management is a full service company, providing a wide range of REO and privately owned property services. With nationwide coverage, we offer property management services; property inspections;...


5 days ago...............

Keith Mann

We are recruiting vendors right now for anticipated work at the end of march/beginning of April. There is no work available immediately, but a lot of stuff upcoming. I just forwarded you our new price list, send me over your information when you get a chance.

Keith


Reyes, we currently have plans to cover Ohio in the next 3-4 months. I'd like to get your information so we can register you before then. My email is [email protected]. Shoot me an email.
_________________________________________________

Eastern Estates Property Management is currently looking for additional contractors in both KY and TN. We are anticipating high volume there shortly. I will send you an email with more info.
REO2Rentals is offline  
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-31-2013, 08:45 AM
Business Consultant
 
Cleanupman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Silver Springs, Nevada
Posts: 1,380
Thanks: 322
Thanked 564 Times in 339 Posts
This is how you have to approach these companies that want to make money on our resources....
Sooner or later they will go away....
This Eastern Estates is recruiting everywhere....

Aladay LLC
Property Preservation
New Business Consultant
Custom Glass&Wood
Cleanupman is offline  
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-31-2013, 10:45 AM
Member
 
Blue Granite PPs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 46
Thanks: 4
Thanked 12 Times in 8 Posts
once again NO website to visit--Redflag. It does look like Good Choice Preservation, LLC is a DE orgainized company with offices in Sarasota, FL. Orgainized 3/2012 however.

Mark Francis
President and CEO
Blue Granite Property Preservation Services, Inc
Blue Granite PPs is offline  
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-31-2013, 02:39 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 537
Thanks: 21
Thanked 118 Times in 76 Posts
if payment is over 30 days i dont even waste my time anymore
david is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the REO Property Preservation Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome