Do you Safeguard folks work around the clock??? - REO Property Preservation Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 12:18 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,403
Thanks: 1,518
Thanked 533 Times in 287 Posts
Do you Safeguard folks work around the clock???

A friend of mine's wife does all his uploads for him. They have been with Safeguard for 2 1/2 years. She started on an upload at 3:30 this afternoon. Was a 100+ yard T/O followed by another initial. Finally got the second one done at 10:30!!!! 7 friggen hours for 2 work orders!! She has 4 more to go! WTF is wrong with Safeguard that they have to make there uploads so damn difficult? Hell i cuss 5 Bros site but if i had to deal with SG i would toss the computer out the damn window!!!
mtmtnman is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 06:30 AM
Super Moderator
 
GTX63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Your House Soon...Soon
Posts: 3,186
Thanks: 676
Thanked 2,249 Times in 1,094 Posts
Yes, it is a PITA. I had office folks doing uploads during the day and I would cover the overflow in the evenings and into the mornings. System would choke over more than 250 pics and you would have to restart. Error messages would prevent you from advancing thru the order. Their servers would crash and you would have a bottleneck of orders waiting to upload. If all you had to do was the field work and your done, I would say your treading water. But when you spend as much time on their vendor web as the actual job, then you have to start figuring if it is really worth the time and effort. Newbies don't figure what it costs them in manhours to complete the clerical end for Safeguard.
GTX63 is offline  
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 07:33 AM
Super Moderator
 
BPWY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: MT
Posts: 4,096
Thanks: 1,470
Thanked 774 Times in 468 Posts
I never had that many issues with their site.

Professionals are people who can do their job when they don't feel like it.
Amateurs are people that can't do their job even when they do feel like it.
BPWY is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 09:23 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,403
Thanks: 1,518
Thanked 533 Times in 287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTX63 View Post
Yes, it is a PITA. I had office folks doing uploads during the day and I would cover the overflow in the evenings and into the mornings. System would choke over more than 250 pics and you would have to restart. Error messages would prevent you from advancing thru the order. Their servers would crash and you would have a bottleneck of orders waiting to upload. If all you had to do was the field work and your done, I would say your treading water. But when you spend as much time on their vendor web as the actual job, then you have to start figuring if it is really worth the time and effort. Newbies don't figure what it costs them in manhours to complete the clerical end for Safeguard.
I would say screw it, zip the files up, scan hand written notes and tell them to deal with it themselves. I have NO patience for crap like that!! She has a 3 meg connection and when they do work for me are able to send 250 - 300 pics in under a minute. Sounds like screwguard needs some bigger servers or stop nitpicking the vendors to death so they aren't submitting so many photos. It really amazes me when i do broker direct work, the agent comes in when i am done and snaps a half dozen photos and thats all but with safeguard your likely to get charged back without 300-400 pics......
mtmtnman is offline  
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 09:39 AM
Super Moderator
 
PropPresPro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Big Sky Country
Posts: 1,208
Thanks: 423
Thanked 929 Times in 465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmtnman View Post
I would say screw it, zip the files up, scan hand written notes and tell them to deal with it themselves. I have NO patience for crap like that!! She has a 3 meg connection and when they do work for me are able to send 250 - 300 pics in under a minute. Sounds like screwguard needs some bigger servers or stop nitpicking the vendors to death so they aren't submitting so many photos. It really amazes me when i do broker direct work, the agent comes in when i am done and snaps a half dozen photos and thats all but with safeguard your likely to get charged back without 300-400 pics......
More than once, after submitting 10-20 pics, I've had a broker complain that I "flooded" them with so many pics, they had a hard time going through them all!
How's that for perspective.
PropPresPro is offline  
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 06:23 PM
Super Moderator
 
GTX63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Your House Soon...Soon
Posts: 3,186
Thanks: 676
Thanked 2,249 Times in 1,094 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmtnman View Post
I would say screw it.....
That is what we did.

Some of the issues were the servers being overwhelmed.
Other times the crashes were immediately after IT upgraded the system.
Whatever, I lost patience with them calling my staff about 50 late orders when they were done and sitting on the hard drive waiting for three days while they tried to get their website back up.
GTX63 is offline  
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 10:51 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,403
Thanks: 1,518
Thanked 533 Times in 287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTX63 View Post
That is what we did.

Some of the issues were the servers being overwhelmed.
Other times the crashes were immediately after IT upgraded the system.
Whatever, I lost patience with them calling my staff about 50 late orders when they were done and sitting on the hard drive waiting for three days while they tried to get their website back up.

Exactly. Why the hell are they calling when it's there own damn fault??
mtmtnman is offline  
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-17-2012, 06:22 AM
Super Moderator
 
GTX63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Your House Soon...Soon
Posts: 3,186
Thanks: 676
Thanked 2,249 Times in 1,094 Posts
The scorecard. That is what matters to them.
I recall the web site crashing on a late Wednesday or early Thursday once. They didn't get it up and running until the following Monday. They were just one more company to us, did a lot of business with them but they were never our biggest plum. But they started calling and emailing with the old "The following orders are past due and must be uploaded immediately or risk reassignment" nonesense. It was a You problem that took my office away from everyone else so we could get the orders submitted and maintain their scores.
GTX63 is offline  
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-19-2012, 10:18 PM
Senior Member
 
STARBABY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: kentucky
Posts: 681
Thanks: 582
Thanked 197 Times in 137 Posts
glad I didn`t sign on with them, sound like a big clust **** there!
STARBABY is offline  
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-22-2012, 03:25 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 694
Thanks: 42
Thanked 129 Times in 74 Posts
I have done most of the updating in the past but the past two weeks have had someone helping me get caught up on SG lawns. She said she has no idea how I put up with their site. We have one specific work order that everytime you go into it, gives an Application Error. Sometimes it hangs on photo uploads. Sometimes it crashes part-way through an order and we must close all browsers and start over.

I don't really mind the complexity of their orders, as it does often cut back on missed photos, either because the updater on their end can clearly see the photo in it's correct slot, or an updater on our end can't not put a photo in a required slot.

When it's sailing along, I can get a trashout done in probably 20-30 minutes. If it's going slow it can be an hour or better. When it's going fast, I can get lawns done in 5 minutes each, when going slow, can be 10-20. I also am very fast on the updating, so the average is probably more time than that. Definitely depends on time of day. The girl helping me update said that we should be able to charge them back a few bucks everytime the website crashes in the middle of an order.
SwiftRes is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the REO Property Preservation Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome