New - Asset Manager - REO Property Preservation Forum
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-04-2014, 08:34 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Fort Myers, FL
Posts: 16
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
New - Asset Manager

Hi everyone,

I am new to the forum and I have already had my hand slapped twice for soliciting. Apparently there is a right way (or perhaps no way at all) to solicit vendors on this website. I would be very appreciative if someone can prod me along in the right direction. We currently work in 38 states doing everything from property maintenance to full remodels for higher end properties. We have great rates, pay on a net 30, and offer consistent work. We are always looking to onboard new vendors. How do I get the message out without getting dinged?

Thanks for your help!

Tera
Tera is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Tera For This Useful Post:
Down Home Shine (06-05-2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-04-2014, 07:12 PM
Low quality low cost
 
Craigslist Hack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Every city
Posts: 2,336
Thanks: 695
Thanked 1,687 Times in 846 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tera View Post
Hi everyone,

I am new to the forum and I have already had my hand slapped twice for soliciting. Apparently there is a right way (or perhaps no way at all) to solicit vendors on this website. I would be very appreciative if someone can prod me along in the right direction. We currently work in 38 states doing everything from property maintenance to full remodels for higher end properties. We have great rates, pay on a net 30, and offer consistent work. We are always looking to onboard new vendors. How do I get the message out without getting dinged?

Thanks for your help!

Tera
Well let's start with where you get your work. If you are just subbing out work from a national this place will eat you alive. Why would I take work from you when I too can sign up with said national? If you are direct with a bank more people are going to be willing to listen.

I would start by listing your resume and credentials. Then maybe some pricing. Many people that say they pay good pay very little.

Sometimes I am pleasantly surprised by companies like yours. Around here you are guilty until proven innocent due to the very business that we are in.

Hope that helps good luck! We are in Indiana, Kentucky, and Illinois.
Craigslist Hack is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Craigslist Hack For This Useful Post:
BRADSConst (06-04-2014), LaCaSa (06-04-2014)
post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-04-2014, 07:12 PM
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Southeast Wisconsin
Posts: 1,059
Thanks: 890
Thanked 1,208 Times in 536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tera View Post
Hi everyone,

I am new to the forum and I have already had my hand slapped twice for soliciting. Apparently there is a right way (or perhaps no way at all) to solicit vendors on this website. I would be very appreciative if someone can prod me along in the right direction. We currently work in 38 states doing everything from property maintenance to full remodels for higher end properties. We have great rates, pay on a net 30, and offer consistent work. We are always looking to onboard new vendors. How do I get the message out without getting dinged?

Thanks for your help!

Tera
I deleted one of your posts as it was a duplicate post in multiple threads.

As for soliciting, please familiarize yourself with the terms of service for this site. This place is not Craigslist. However there is a classified section that has been used for buying and selling materials. It may be relevant to post there.

As for not getting dinged, an introduction is a best way to put your foot forward with the members here. That's a great start. At a minimum, you should consider fully transparency, as in who you work for/represent. Stating you pay net 30 is a good start. Stating that you "have great rates" means nothing. That is a relative term. Most of us on here can tell a lot about a company based on payment terms and price sheet. While a full price sheet would be great , at a minimum, you should post up $ per CYD, $ per wint, $ per recut. If your rates are indeed "great". People will PM you looking for work. For the right rates, I might even throw my name in the hat for a full remodel.........



BRADSConst is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BRADSConst For This Useful Post:
BPWY (07-25-2014), LaCaSa (06-04-2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-04-2014, 07:59 PM
Low quality low cost
 
Craigslist Hack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Every city
Posts: 2,336
Thanks: 695
Thanked 1,687 Times in 846 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tera View Post
Hi everyone,

I am new to the forum and I have already had my hand slapped twice for soliciting. Apparently there is a right way (or perhaps no way at all) to solicit vendors on this website. I would be very appreciative if someone can prod me along in the right direction. We currently work in 38 states doing everything from property maintenance to full remodels for higher end properties. We have great rates, pay on a net 30, and offer consistent work. We are always looking to onboard new vendors. How do I get the message out without getting dinged?

Thanks for your help!

Tera
Hey Tera? Do you know what it means if I ask if you are T1 or T2?

If so I at least know you work for a good company.
Craigslist Hack is offline  
post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-04-2014, 08:24 PM
Senior Member
 
Zuse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: SOUTH/SOUTH EAST/ COASTAL OUTER BANKS
Posts: 688
Thanks: 1
Thanked 470 Times in 244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigslist Hack View Post
Hey Tera? Do you know what it means if I ask if you are T1 or T2?

If so I at least know you work for a good company.
You do mean terminator 1 or terminator 2, or both... LoL
Zuse is offline  
post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-04-2014, 08:29 PM
Senior Member
 
Zuse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: SOUTH/SOUTH EAST/ COASTAL OUTER BANKS
Posts: 688
Thanks: 1
Thanked 470 Times in 244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigslist Hack View Post
Well let's start with where you get your work. If you are just subbing out work from a national this place will eat you alive. Why would I take work from you when I too can sign up with said national? If you are direct with a bank more people are going to be willing to listen.

I would start by listing your resume and credentials. Then maybe some pricing. Many people that say they pay good pay very little.

Sometimes I am pleasantly surprised by companies like yours. Around here you are guilty until proven innocent due to the very business that we are in.

Hope that helps good luck! We are in Indiana, Kentucky, and Illinois.

I highlighted in red the important part... You would not believe some of the messages i have gotten.
Zuse is offline  
post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-04-2014, 08:35 PM
Senior Member
 
Zuse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: SOUTH/SOUTH EAST/ COASTAL OUTER BANKS
Posts: 688
Thanks: 1
Thanked 470 Times in 244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRADSConst View Post
I deleted one of your posts as it was a duplicate post in multiple threads.

As for soliciting, please familiarize yourself with the terms of service for this site. This place is not Craigslist. However there is a classified section that has been used for buying and selling materials. It may be relevant to post there.

As for not getting dinged, an introduction is a best way to put your foot forward with the members here. That's a great start. At a minimum, you should consider fully transparency, as in who you work for/represent. Stating you pay net 30 is a good start. Stating that you "have great rates" means nothing. That is a relative term. Most of us on here can tell a lot about a company based on payment terms and price sheet. While a full price sheet would be great , at a minimum, you should post up $ per CYD, $ per wint, $ per recut. If your rates are indeed "great". People will PM you looking for work. For the right rates, I might even throw my name in the hat for a full remodel.........
I really am trying to behave Brad--> Da Boss... But to tera, post the price list or some of it. that would be soooo kool. Im in 3 states too. and well im just a nice guy!!!
Zuse is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Zuse For This Useful Post:
Craigslist Hack (06-04-2014)
post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-04-2014, 09:44 PM
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Southeast Wisconsin
Posts: 1,059
Thanks: 890
Thanked 1,208 Times in 536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuse View Post
I really am trying to behave Brad--> Da Boss... But to tera, post the price list or some of it. that would be soooo kool. Im in 3 states too. and well im just a nice guy!!!
Zuse, I am by no means da boss. I had a mental lapse when I asked to be a moderator .

On a serious note, this forum isn't intended to be the next LinkedIn or Craigslist where the Bucsek's of the world come to find contractors as their ship is sinking.......However, I personally have no problems with an upstanding company coming here to find help from our upstanding community of contractors



BRADSConst is offline  
post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-05-2014, 04:48 AM
Super Moderator
 
GTX63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Your House Soon...Soon
Posts: 3,186
Thanks: 676
Thanked 2,249 Times in 1,094 Posts
Like contractortalk, this site is intended for sharing ideas, experiences, opinions relevant to the preservation industry. You come in, you hang out. Soliciting is just going door to door knocking and moving on. You have 4 posts trying to get contractors to work for you. No, this isn't CL.

It's ok to ask dumb questions, disagree with comments, even go off topic. Putting up a help wanted and then disappearing isn't.
Responding to the follow up posts would be a nice step.
If all you would like to do is hire subs, you can contact the admins and place a banner ad.
GTX63 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to GTX63 For This Useful Post:
WWJ (10-14-2014)
post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-05-2014, 09:47 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Fort Myers, FL
Posts: 16
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Additional Info

Brad - thanks for the advice.

Let me provide some additional bio info for everyone looking. We have been in business for 5 years, we work directly for the bank so any vendors we hire will be paid by us directly - you will be dealing with us only not the bank. We pay our vendors on a net 30 and we also offer progress billing for large scale remodels.

Attached is our pricing for preservation items (this list is not all inclusive). As I mentioned earlier we generally work on larger properties so our initial services for lawn/sales clean vary depending upon the size of the lots and the size of the properties.

We work in 38 states and are constantly adding new areas. And while we work with a core group of vendors in most areas we are always welcoming new vendors as well.

And while I believe we offer great pay rates we also require great results in exchange for that - we want our properties to look great from the inside out at all times. You must be able to take Before, During and After pictures, submit photos and invoices on time, and complete scopes as listed.

Hope this helps!

Tera
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FFI Preservation Price Sheet.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	460  

Tera is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Tera For This Useful Post:
LaCaSa (07-28-2014)
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the REO Property Preservation Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome