REO Property Preservation Forum - View Single Post - Hazardous Waste/Removal
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-29-2012, 12:55 PM
thanohano44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clyde Pucket View Post
Hello all! I'm glad to finally have a place to share ideas with other vendors.

So, I was approved recently to remove some raw food and hazardous waste (diapers and nasty toilet) a few weeks ago and ran into a lots of rat/mouse droppings and odors. This house was horrible! However, upon removing said hazards, I realized after spending about 1 hour in this house, that it is highly unsafe to be in this house. I had a mask and gloves on, but needed something more like a hazmat suit!

In the future, how should I proceed with informing/bidding the preserve co. that in order to complete work, I will need much more safety gear which is part of the pricing (can't be losing money, here). Also, some places need a hazmat company to come in to handle the job. How do I do this and still get it approved and not lose the property altogether?

I hate losing properties because of health reasons...
Bid to have a restoration company to come in and give a bid. They usually charge anywhere from $500-3500 to do it. Ppe is always good to have and use. I do not put those on for free. It will cost them. You will need to have a hygienic test performed because if a house is that bad visibly, I'm pretty sure it could be worse in areas that you cannot see.
The Following User Says Thank You to thanohano44 For This Useful Post:
EnviroServCA.com (12-02-2012)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome