REO Property Preservation Forum banner

Facilities?

5K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  mtmtnman 
#1 ·
What kinds of facilities do you guys have? We are currently leasing some indoor office and looking to find some indoor parking/storage as well now. Most things we find are probably a little larger than we need, and trying to brainstorm some other ways to make use of larger space(3-4k sqft) that could supplement this business.

#2 ·
I have a 12,000sqft building, 2000sqft office. I lease out 3000sqft to a contractor friend and his lease payment covers my mortgage on my building. I purchased my building at a great deal so it works for me, I just have to pay property tax.

I also have a small section we store personnels in, the bank pays $300 per 15 yards to store for 30 days and its a money maker because we usually have a 2nd hand store pick the stuff up from our shop and we get 10% of the sale on the items. :thumbsup:

#4 ·
5 acres in the country with a 2 car garage and 24x24 shop on the end, 10x50 storage lean too behind that and 10x20 lean to behind that. No need to lock anything up. #1. i am 10 miles from town, #2. i am at the end of a dead end private road and the only access is my driveway. Trailers all sit out. All vehicles all sit out cept for 1 truck in the winter to keep the snow off my tools. 15-18 inches of moisture a year don't seem to bother stuff too bad........

#5 ·
5 acres in the country with a 2 car garage and 24x24 shop on the end, 10x50 storage lean too behind that and 10x20 lean to behind that. No need to lock anything up. #1. i am 10 miles from town, #2. i am at the end of a dead end private road and the only access is my driveway. Trailers all sit out. All vehicles all sit out cept for 1 truck in the winter to keep the snow off my tools. 15-18 inches of moisture a year don't seem to bother stuff too bad........

Yeah I wish. I live in town, and my wife works in downtown Des Moines, so I hate to go out too far. We just leased a 1600 SF office with a 4k SF shop/basement, but the way the shop is laid out, it's only about 3k of usable space that can fit 4 vehicles. We have outdoor parking, but put some security cameras up today, so I hope some SOB tries to steal one of our trailers :)

#7 ·
I live in the burbs, no worry about crime, but no space to sprawl out either.

I am in the process of selling my current house, and going to be finding a new place to buy. I considered finding a house that I could run my business out of, but now having several employees and an office person, I decided that I didn't want that much traffic at my house. In the summertime, I had guys working until 10-11 at night sometimes. Plus I like at least a little bit of separation(as I'm writing this, it's 8:30 PM and I'm still at office, OOPS).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.