REO Property Preservation Forum - View Single Post - Hazardous Waste/Removal
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-29-2012, 02:46 AM
BigP's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Somewhere out there
Posts: 32
Thanks: 0
Thanked 18 Times in 11 Posts

Make darn sure you have any state or federal required certifications! If some are required and you don't have it...You will be in deep doodoo.

It is YOUR responsibility to aquire certs and permits.

Many states require hazmat certs on many things so check with your state. Also check with EPA, FHWSA (US DOT) some things require a HAZMAT endorsement and proper containment just to transport a small quantity to a licensed facility. Things like the lead paint on the ceiling that is now laying in the living room or the asbestos shingles piled up in the yard.

That's why it is often the best choice to, as many have already said, bid to have a restoration company to come in and give a bid. They usually charge anywhere from $500-3500 to do it. They have the training, proper equipment and the proper certs and permits.
BigP is offline  
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome