REO Property Preservation Forum banner

junk monkey pickup

10K views 21 replies 7 participants last post by  hammerhead 
#1 ·
hi
has anyone dealt with this company out of goodrich michigan,good or bad:glare:

#3 ·
I had some experience with them. They are nice enough guys and I believe they "try" to be fair. Their client is Safeguard so fair is not really an option.

Let me ask you this? If you are going to fix up properties for a national meaning you will be waiting months for your money and you will have thousands in play at all times why not just buy a property yourself? Trying to work for a company doing rehab work is idiocy. Why? You will have 30,000.00 minimum out in just a few jobs at a few properties anyway.

Why not buy a cheap foreclosure or tax sale and fix I up yourself? Then there is no chance you get burned on some pics, no chance a regional doesn't pay you, no annoying phone calls about signs in windows or lock codes, and today you can sell a FRESH property quickly if you price it right. I guarantee from experience that you can flip a property quicker then you can get paid by a national for rehab work.

Junk Monkey just wants you to carry the risk and the debt while they do NOTHING but collect a percentage of YOUR profit.

#5 ·
good point c.h,they had contacted me,never had heard of them,dont think i want all that liability,have enough problems to deal with now.
Working for them makes no sense at all. If you feel like just sending 20% or more to someone I will gladly send you my address.

Why would anyone do rehab work for a National or Regional? You have to invest just as much or more as you would to work for yourself. You then have to wait to get paid, submit photo's and follow THEIR guidlines or be back charged, use their cost estimator for your pricing, then you get the option of splitting profits with them.

#15 ·
Another thing I like to do is accept all work orders from nationals. I get probably 2-3 calls a week from some new (and old) preservation company looking to give me work. I act all excited and have them send me the work order, then I never respond back! I have had companies calling me back weeks later asking when will I get the bid to them, I just apologize and make up some excuse and begging for more time, eventually they get the picture and move on. However, that's one bid that is wayyyyy past due and the banks don't like that so much. PresPro calls me constantly!! I have screwed them probably 50 times already and they keep coming back from more!!!!
Idiots!

#17 ·
I am trying to close on a VA property that we cleaned out for a local realtor. She has the listing they accepted our offer so it's just a matter of time now. We did the initial services, Removed all of the moldy drywall, repaired the siding, and still have the routine stuff. It's pretty sweet. I hope to do this more.

#20 ·
I will preface what I going to say by saying this will probably piss off a few people. But I get a bit tired of people saying, just say no, do only direct work and have to put in my 2 cents.

Direct work is nearly impossible to get. I have tried and eventually decided that the banks must be happy with the quality they are getting from the guys who will cut grass for $15 per cut. If they really were dissatisfied they would be willing to work with guys like us instead of the three or four layers of middlemen they currently deal with.

I am convinced the banks will only work direct with guys like me if they have absolutely no other option.

In my opinion the problem is not the guy cutting grass for $15 so he can buy his kids shoes and keep a roof over their heads.

The problem starts at the top of the food chain with the bank that owns the property. They know what is going on and encourage it to continue by handing out more and more contracts to people who are going to pass the work down the line until the $100 lawn cut becomes a $15 lawn cut.

They could stop it by allowing all of us to work direct, but they don't and they won't. They want the multiple layers of protection that is provided by the system as it currently is.

That way they can get "contractors" to perform illegal repairs to plumbing, electrical, roofing, mechanical, etc. at a much cheaper rate than the properly licensed and credentialed contractors. And when this shoddy work is brought to light they can push all of the liability and cost back onto the poor sap who did the work because some national or regional threatened to take away his livelihood if he did not do it.

Then they can sell houses full of black mold, oh sorry, I mean discoloration that makes the proud new homeowner and his family deathly ill.

It is real easy to say no when you have $50,000 in your accounts receivable.

It is not so easy to say no when your entire accounts receivable is the next $1,000 check you pray will come in before you use the last 20' of trimmer line you just loaded into the Ryobi trimmer you bought at a pawn shop with your last $40 last month or your truck runs out of gas and you will not be able to mow any more grass or the electricity gets cut off or the landlord puts you and your kids out on the street.

It is all about the money and the banks own almost all of it and they will use every dirty, unethical and underhanded trick in the book to keep from parting with one more penny than they absolutely have to.

Banks by their very nature are unethical. They tout the advantages to you in keeping your money in their system so they can help you to get your money to "grow" and make you more money. Really, if they cared one iota about you they would pay a fair interest rate. Instead they pay maybe 1% interest to you and in turn they invest it in the Fed and make upwards of 18% on it.

I personally believe the system will eventually see major changes, but it will require something very major to happen that attracts attention from the media and then the state and federal governments.

#21 ·
Another great post and there is alot of truth there. I don't see why anyone would get pissed off.

I have told many guys that wanted to work with us to go get a job I would t give them orders. The fact is if they are running that low on money they will never make it. This is not an industry to get in if you are low on capital. We had more actual capital before we got into this. Now we have receivables and most of our capital is in play.

As hard as it is to break through with direct work it can be done. It's much easier to work for homeowners than realtor and the money is instant.

We have a company in our building that does the exact same thing we do only they work for different clients. It blows my mind how different we are. They work for PK Management, Safegaurd, and Cyprexx and struggle to make payroll. They constantly have returns, chargebacks, and QC issues. The thing is I have seen their work and it's better than most of my guys. I just refuse to work with those clients therefore I don't have the headaches they do. We also don't do inspections. They run inspections but don't do trash outs or major repairs.

It's really interesting to talk with them just to notice the difference in opinions and attitude in the exact same market.

#22 ·
They could stop it by allowing all of us to work direct, but they don't and they won't. They want the multiple layers of protection that is provided by the system as it currently is.

That way they can get "contractors" to perform illegal repairs to plumbing, electrical, roofing, mechanical, etc. at a much cheaper rate than the properly licensed and credentialed contractors. And when this shoddy work is brought to light they can push all of the liability and cost back onto the poor sap who did the work because some national or regional threatened to take away his livelihood if he did not do it.
Well said

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.