REO Property Preservation Forum banner

Nasty Foreclosure video

11K views 31 replies 19 participants last post by  Framer1901 
#1 ·

This is a home that we did, its a little lengthy, we were also charged back by 30 cbyds because photos did not support the amount of debris at this home.

#15 ·
55 cyds @ $32.50 is $1787.50. @ $50 cyds it is $3025. Someone got that and paid you the $550. Or they got the 85 cyds at their rates and paid you for 55 at your rate....

Since it is family I don't expect you to do this, just realize that you could stop working for them today and file for government assistance on your housing, food, utilities, healthcare, etc and probably have a better standard of living than you currently experience. You could also probably file for unemployment against your "kin" and do quite well. In this scenario, you won't be tearing up your truck/equipment that you paid good money for, and can save it for when you actually have real customers.

I'm not into social welfare, but in instances where people are nosediving themselves into financial oblivion, you are better off living on the government cheese, which I paid for, and working out a plan for the future, than to keep paying your "family" for the right to work for them. JMHO.

#17 ·
And with that much stuff, I'd have been bidding personals, for removal and storage. That's a lot of stuff. Chunkin it in the dump could get you involved in litigation.

It's great to get big clean outs...its terrible to get a notice of a lawsuit because you threw away (or took home) somebodys antiques, grandma's china, a set of old home movies/photo albums that can't be replaced, etc.

This kind of clean out is the reason there are so many lawsuits around right now.

I once found an old beat up guitar in a pile of debris in a house. I didn't look real hard at it right then, but I felt it might be valuable. So I took it and put it in the back of my truck. It was in a hard case, but it was rusty. Looked like it had all the parts still there.

I set it in the corner of my office and kinda forgot about it. couple months go by and I stumble over it and decide to take a closer look. Turns out its a 1961 Fender Stratocaster, sunburst in color. Rough shape, but to a collector....very valuable. If your curious, google it. I held onto that thing for a year before I disposed of it. ;)

Point is, don't throw stuff away until your sure no one is going to come looking for it. I'd have rather given it back than to have to replace it. And don't get bullied into removing stuff you think will bite you in the @ss.

#19 ·
I have finally figured out why you are having such a difficult time with the "family" you DONT HAVE A BOSS!!!! Get that stinking thinking out of your mind now. You're a contractor you work for you nobody else you are the boss nobody else. Also how do you evict a dead person?:blink:

#25 ·
Maybe I'm naive because I have worked for nationals for so long but I worked for years at $20 a cube (for debris over my allowable) and thought it was great! How many people are working with a flat rate and allowable vs pure cubic yardage? For example I had a client pay $600 for cleaning, initial landscape and trashout up to 30 cubic yards and $20 a cube after that.

#32 ·
For us, flat rate was kick ass, but we did mega volume, with that one company. Houses averaged maybe 15cy, broom sweeping and initial lawn, averaged 18 of them a week, again that was a one off good situation.

What was AMS' flat rate price in MI for Fannie Maie, wasn't it like 375 up to 30cy - we did two and that was enough..... That wasn't a good situation.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.