Toro Proline - REO Property Preservation Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-15-2012, 09:06 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: MN North of U.S. 2
Posts: 74
Thanks: 116
Thanked 38 Times in 24 Posts
Toro Proline

Any opinions on the Toro Proline walk behinds? Might take a road trip and pick up a couple, one is a hydro 52'' and the other a belt drive 52''. Both have 16 H.P. briggs. Both need some work so they can be had for a good price--
MNP&P is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-15-2012, 09:33 PM
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Southeast Wisconsin
Posts: 1,059
Thanks: 890
Thanked 1,208 Times in 536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNP&P View Post
Any opinions on the Toro Proline walk behinds? Might take a road trip and pick up a couple, one is a hydro 52'' and the other a belt drive 52''. Both have 16 H.P. briggs. Both need some work so they can be had for a good price--
I have a Toro Proline 36. I picked up for fenced backyards. All in all, I'm pretty happy with it. My only complaints are the belts pick up small stones which wear and tear holes in them, and the damn engineers were retarded when they designed the "T" bar drive control. For me, its natural to grab the safety and go. Problem is these damn yards are so rough that you beat the crap out of your knuckles on the bar behind it. I got mine used so maybe they fixed that on the newer models.



BRADSConst is offline  
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-17-2012, 12:29 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: MN North of U.S. 2
Posts: 74
Thanks: 116
Thanked 38 Times in 24 Posts
Leaving way before the sun comes up tomorrow to go take a look/make an offer.
Since its off season I am hoping to make a deal
MNP&P is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-18-2012, 10:26 PM
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Southeast Wisconsin
Posts: 1,059
Thanks: 890
Thanked 1,208 Times in 536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNP&P View Post
Leaving way before the sun comes up tomorrow to go take a look/make an offer.
Since its off season I am hoping to make a deal

So did you make a deal?



BRADSConst is offline  
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-19-2012, 12:31 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 256
Thanks: 0
Thanked 78 Times in 51 Posts
re

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRADSConst View Post
I have a Toro Proline 36. I picked up for fenced backyards. All in all, I'm pretty happy with it. My only complaints are the belts pick up small stones which wear and tear holes in them, and the damn engineers were retarded when they designed the "T" bar drive control. For me, its natural to grab the safety and go. Problem is these damn yards are so rough that you beat the crap out of your knuckles on the bar behind it. I got mine used so maybe they fixed that on the newer models.

On a lot of my mowers I use electric motor belts, they are only about 3/4 as good but they cost about 1/10 as much so I just keep a few in the tuck.
nurumkin is offline  
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-19-2012, 03:11 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: MN North of U.S. 2
Posts: 74
Thanks: 116
Thanked 38 Times in 24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRADSConst View Post
So did you make a deal?

I bought the 52'' Hydro--needs a oil seal, a good cleaning and a once over but I paid WAY less than the asking price. Once repaired and with reg maintenance I should get a few years out of it.

The belt drive model was too beat up for what the guy wanted and from what I hear pulling a sulkey is hard on the belt drive train--so I stayed away from this one.

Now I need to find the time to get it ready for grass 2013!
MNP&P is offline  
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-19-2012, 03:13 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: MN North of U.S. 2
Posts: 74
Thanks: 116
Thanked 38 Times in 24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurumkin View Post
On a lot of my mowers I use electric motor belts, they are only about 3/4 as good but they cost about 1/10 as much so I just keep a few in the tuck.
Your JD's are belt drive???
MNP&P is offline  
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-19-2012, 11:38 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 256
Thanks: 0
Thanked 78 Times in 51 Posts
re

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNP&P View Post
Your JD's are belt drive???
No the JD is hydro, and I'm actually on my first belt for the blades (2 seasons), but I have a Airens walk behind that chews them and and old yard master that I loan out to guys sometimes.

On a side note does anyone have an airens 34 walk behind, I picked it up cheap at the beginning of the season but I'm thinking about dumping it because its too damn slow. It basically moves at a comfortable walk, I bought it to use for those weird spots you cant get a rider but I can do them faster running behind my push. Is there a way to speed it up?
nurumkin is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the REO Property Preservation Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome