REO Property Preservation Forum

REO Property Preservation Forum (https://www.preservationtalk.com/forum.php)
-   General Property Discussion (https://www.preservationtalk.com/2-general-property-discussion/)
-   -   Trash Out's (https://www.preservationtalk.com/2-general-property-discussion/15654-trash-outs.html)

FiremanFred1991 03-05-2019 06:41 PM

Trash Out's

Has anyone ever kept anything that they found to be in good condition from a trash out?

PropPresPro 03-06-2019 08:25 AM

Yes.
Tools, tool boxes, mowers, lumber, furniture, antiques, art, knives, guns, ammo, gold/silver jewelry, collectible coins, cash, a canoe, trailers, vehicles. . .

Tiredoldguy 03-11-2019 08:52 AM

Yes and had yard sales every Saturday

mountaineer 03-21-2019 06:41 PM

Of course it's yours once approved to remove

wildwest1 03-31-2019 09:33 AM

Debris is not yours to sell or donate

Mountaineer..I have been told. You are paid to dump by the cubic yard. Ask first ,look at the manual..The stuff from debris interior or exterior clean outs large or small is never yours to sell donate give away to Goodwill, Habitat uncle bob sell at yard sale or flee market. I know of a vendor that was dragged to court paid huge Lawyer fees and cost him thousands for crap he sold at flee market from a $500 cleanout.
Hope this helps

JohnnyCubes 04-01-2019 07:39 AM

Elaborate wildwest1

JBridger 04-01-2019 02:04 PM

I usually dump what I can at a donation thrift store but I have found some good stuff that I did end up keeping to sell. I found old native american turquoise jewelry, a shoe box full of old 1960's Mickey Mantle baseball cards, baggie of jewels (small diamonds and rubies which the ex-wife stole during our divorce) and a few decent wedding rings. @wildwest1 I worked as a sub for a preservation company that once told me that I had to give them all my scrap money if I took a load of debris to scrap. I just told them I took it to the dump. They weren't there and they didn't do the work so they are not entitled to scrap money. As far as I am concerned, if a client approves the removal of debris, they are basically giving me the rights to it unless they ask me to store it for 30 days. I even tow cars to my lot and impound them and apply for abandoned vehicle titles after 60 days so I can sell them. Made some decent money that way.

mountaineer 04-01-2019 09:37 PM

Well im here to tell you, you have sadly been misled and i guarantee you that you can keep sell or trash anything your approved to remove, if someone got into any trouble for taking or selling items etc. From an approved clean out than that means is wasnt approved and yes they basically stole the peoples personal belongings

mountaineer 04-01-2019 09:46 PM

Dont let people mislead you exercise coming sense if you have an approval to remove debri its yours no one even has to know what your doing with it take all the trash items to the dump get receipts submit them if you have to to prove you teashed enough to get paid and do what ever you want with what you want to thats the beauty of the business your in control

wildwest1 04-02-2019 08:09 AM

Mountaineer your right, its common sense..The big question debate what is personal property and what is debris. All I am saying is cya. Ask first know the rules. Keep quite if you found something good, broadcasting your gold find may bite you in the a. At one of the nationals I worked for if found anything of value any personal item with what they called yard sale value you are required to report.