REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Oh my! I'm confused by their ad. "Compensation: Pay is by the job. 1099. Common pay is $11+ hrly approx."
Are they saying as a P&P contractor you can expect to break it down to making $11 an hour? It might be sad and true. If my business is boiling down to $11 an hour I might have to go back to retail!

·
Contractor
486 Posts
Another hack tryin to make a buck...musta changed his/her mind half-way thru the ad... Good for a chuckle anyway.

·
Registered
847 Posts
My reply: You people are fu**ed up! I am reporting you and you should be brought up on criminal charges!

Theirs: I run a small, local property preservation business in Idaho Falls, ID.
I don't appreciate your email.

My reply: You cleary dont run anything properly, are you aware that it is against IRS laws to pay an employee 1099??? Employees are not responsible for anything, they show up and work! Not bring equipment , truck, tools, mowers, etc. And make a whopping 11 an hour???.......... You are what has made this industry go to crap! Please go back to whatever you were doing before, so all of us CONTRACTORS can go back to making money!

YOU PLACED AN ADD THAT IS AGAINST THE LAW! GET IT????

·
How I wanna be a PP Pro
1,103 Posts
JDRM,

LOL... My reply was a little tamer :)

"As a voluntary consumer watchdog group for the P&P Contractor you have been duly notified that your company has been reported to the Idaho Division of Labor for possible employee/indepent contractor determination violations. Have a Great Day."

I will email the report tomorrow a.m.

·
Registered
847 Posts
JDRM,

LOL... My reply was a little tamer :)

"As a voluntary consumer watchdog group for the P&P Contractor you have been duly notified that your company has been reported to the Idaho Division of Labor for possible employee/indepent contractor determination violations. Have a Great Day."

I will email the report tomorrow a.m.
Wannabe,

Did you get a response yet??? He said he cant believe how crazy " us people" are........ I dont have time to give him a business class, he dosent feel anything is wrong with his add, he has been in the business for 1 year.

·
How I wanna be a PP Pro
1,103 Posts
I did. He said I was threatening. I offered free constructive criticism and gave him some "outlets" to contact for free business advice. This business cannot be operated like a normal General Contracting business. Learn from others mistakes is good information.

Ah well.... you can lead a horse to water BUT you can't make it drink.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.