REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Craigslist ad looking for 3 contractors to go broke offering $12 REO grasscuts,how low can we go? [email protected] [?]

flag [?] : miscategorized prohibited spam best of
Posted: 2013-03-13, 10:42AM MDT
Lawn Maintenance Contractor needed (South Denver/North El Paso County)

Lawn Maintenance Contractor needed for South Denver/North El Paso County

Looking for three positions to be filled. Maintaining grass on properties starts on 04/01/2013 through 11/30/2013. You will be paid weekly, this is a NET 30 pay, so you will not be paid for 30 days. Grass cut pays $12 per property.

MUST HAVE OWN TRUCK, MOWER, WEED WACKER, BLOWER, DIGITAL CAMERA AND COMPUTER/LAPTOP. Need someone reliable and dependable to help me make sure these jobs are turned in daily ON TIME. If you are good and you want it, the same position will be available next year and a snow removal contract will be offered in each season.

REQUIREMENTS: *****YOU MUST BE DEPENDABLE, HARDWORKING AND COMPLETELY SELF MOTIVATED - YOU ARE YOUR OWN BOSS. **WEEKLY QUALITY CONTROL CHECKS AT EACH PROPERTY WILL TAKE PLACE.**YOU MUST HAVE GREAT COMMUNICATION SKILLS AND BE AVAIALBE AT ALL TIMES DURING WORKING HOURS**
-You will be a self employed contractor and 1099 at the end of the year
-You will be required each night to email all required photos. Each property requires before, after and action photos
-Having a navigation system would be a big help to you
-Maintain lawns and snow removal at REO and bank owned properties. This is a contract position.- You will be required to submit a weekly invoice.

Requirements: - Reliable vehicle. Trailer preferred, but not required.
- Lawn mower, blower, and string trimmer
- Basic garden tools
- GPS (preferred) or GPS enabled smart phone
- Computer with high speed Internet
- Cell phone with text and/or email
-Snow removal requires shovel and salt
-Need to be comfortable using the Internet. Everything is done electronically: invoicing, issuing work orders, uploading photos.
-You need to follow instructions and pay attention to detail, take pride in your work, be self motivated and dependable. You will be your own boss working independently outdoors maintaining a route of REO/Bank owned properties. 99% are weekly routine grass cuts. Planning of your daily route through the season are required for success.

This is a physically demanding position while sometimes working in extreme and demanding weather conditions. Contract work is for South Denver area including extreme North El Paso County and surrounding area. Amount of properties may vary throughout season. Please email if interested. Serious inquires only please. This is a Net 30 position. This is our 6th year in business.

• Compensation: Weekly Pay
  • Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
  • Please, no phone calls about this job!
  • Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Well from what I have been seeing on here ad in my area I see one of two things happening.
1. There will continue to be the idiots who take these jobs and don't know any better or
2. There are going to be A LOT of overgrown lawns in the nation. lol.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I mowed a neighbors lawn, front only a few times last year, told her I would do it for free she insisted on giving me $5, I think she thinks I am broke. I would have been broke if I had to drive to her house, thank God I only had to push the mover 50ft. to get there.

·
Registered
256 Posts
re

You could probably talk me into $12 cuts, but there would have to be a ton of them close enough that I don't have to load my mower each time (maybe one of those big ass town home communities) and you sure as hell wouldn't get pictures. At that point I could do 50-75 per day and I would be happy.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Do you travel throughout different states? It's cool seeing guys who are big enough to do that. It's always been my fiancee and I.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not everyone is too good for $12 per cut. In a good zone with 200 properties (grass only) close in proximity, like a Denver suburb, that's $9600 a month. Even after gas and expenses it's not a horrible living. For someone working full time at McDonald's for $312 a week on minimum wage or unemployed wanting to improve their life or start their own company, it doesn't seem so awful to them. But I guess only contractor's with that volume would understand or appreciate the math (and the work for that matter). The other group is on craigslist looking for work and complaining about the small picture. To each their own but shouldn't be so quick to judge a book by it's cover.

·
How I wanna be a PP Pro
1,103 Posts
Not everyone is too good for $12 per cut. In a good zone with 200 properties (grass only) close in proximity, like a Denver suburb, that's $9600 a month. Even after gas and expenses it's not a horrible living. For someone working full time at McDonald's for $312 a week on minimum wage or unemployed wanting to improve their life or start their own company, it doesn't seem so awful to them. But I guess only contractor's with that volume would understand or appreciate the math (and the work for that matter). The other group is on craigslist looking for work and complaining about the small picture. To each their own but shouldn't be so quick to judge a book by it's cover.
Good point...You would have to be a total fool to do a g.c. at $12 when you would be lucky to net $4.00. Your exactly right with your ASSumption that you would need to complete 3/hr to equal the McDonalds wages and NOT have to provide insurance, equipment, computers, cameras and the rest of the BS.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Wtf. 200 yards is 4800 per month.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts